Sri Lanka In England

futureblackcap

Great first win for Sri Lanka! Malinga proving once again that he's the best T20 fast bowler in the world. Man I love this guy haha.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-sri-lanka-2014/engine/match/667887.html

But the real test is still to come. A real chance for Sri Lanka to pounce because England is still trying to rebuild their side after the Ashes disaster.

I'd love to see Sri Lanka do really well in this series because we all know how good they are on the subcontinent but I still don't think they've proven themselves when they're in foreign conditions. England will be a massive test conditions wise.

Finally some international cricket. First ODI is underway with England 3/135 in the 28th over. The game has been reduced to 39 overs due to persistent rain earlier in the day.

Sri Lanka got to 8/256, thanks to 88 from Dilshan and Priyanjan's 43 at the end there. Harry Gurney took 3/59 but Jimmy Anderson was the pick of the bowlers with 2/38 from his 10.

In reply, Michael Carberry is gone early and England are 1/24 after four overs.

4/29 now, Ballance LBW for just five. Kulasekara has 3/9 and England are in real trouble.

Pretty horrid stuff from England, the partnership between Morgan and Bopara lasted only 17 runs with Bopara, Buttler, Jordan and Tredwell all succumbing fairly quickly. England are now 8/88 in the 25th over. Morgan has progressed to 34 with Anderson on 3. Sundries has second top score at this stage with 8 as Bell and Morgan are the only batsmen to have passed double figures.

Senanayake now has three wickets to go with Kula's three as well.

And another one down, Morgan goes down swinging and holes out to deep midwicket to give Dhammika Prasad his first wicket of the day.

9/95 now as Gurney walks to the crease.

And the second ODI is all over! Anderson charges down the wicket to Senanayake, has a wild swing and loses his off stump. England all out for just 99 and Sri Lanka have won by 157 runs.

Series is now tied 1-1.

Back