Sri Lanka In England

What is everyone's Test sides?

The England one is very interesting.

Matt Prior vs Jos Buttler vs James Foster?
Michael Carberry vs Sam Robson vs Adam Lynth vs Alex Hales?
Moeen Ali vs Gary Ballance vs James Taylor vs Samit Patel?
Chris Jordan vs Harry Gurney vs Liam Plunket?
Spinner??

England's Test Side:
1) Cook
2)
3) Bell
4) Root
5)
6) Stokes
7) Prior/Buttler
8)
9) Broad
10) Anderson
11)

Your definitely a good side...just need to prove it overseas. And I'd say that England is one of the hardest countries to tour.
Yes sri lanka have been struggling with 2 pace and bouncy wickets and considering the weather conditions if sri lanka could grab a win it would boast there morale a lot. Same can be same with other teams like india and pakistan who struggle in fast wickets.

Sam Robson called up, Liam Plunkett gets another go after performing well for Yorkshire with Matt Prior also back in the squad. Moeen Ali has also been brought into the squad along with Chris Jordan while Chris Woakes again finds himself in the 12.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-sri-lanka-2014/content/story/750377.html

Fair dinkum, Robson from Australia and Jordan from Barbados. Any chance of England playing 11 blokes who are actually English?

Positive signs for Sri Lanka in the warm-up...

Scoring big without much help from Sangakara and Jayawardene. On stats alone, Kaushal Silva looks promising. Sri Lankan management will be happy that Thirimanne has found some form.

Are they resting Dilshan or is he injured?

Positive signs for Sri Lanka in the warm-up...

Scoring big without much help from Sangakara and Jayawardene. On stats alone, Kaushal Silva looks promising. Sri Lankan management will be happy that Thirimanne has found some form.

Are they resting Dilshan or is he injured?
Dilshan is not in the selected 15, mainly because the current openers have been performing alright and also because sri lanka will want to focus on bringing young guns into playing test cricket even if it means resting mahela and sanga when they aren't in form.

Team looks promising. Eranga impressed me in the tour of Australia I believe.
See I'll give you my honest opinion right sri lanka haven't been producing a lot of youngsters tbh because of people like malinga, kulasekara, murali (when he used to play), sanga, mahela and dilshan they have been around for a very long time. Peeps like eranga, lakmal, dilruwan, kaushal silva are 28+ not young anymore maybe they have about 5-6 years of cricket left in the international arena if they keep playing, my point been that when they were young they did not get opportunities to get into the national team, when I mean young I mean like 20-24 yrs so that's why atm we are struggling with are pace line for the future up everybody's old accept for nuwan pradeep who's 24. If you look at every country they have young fast/medium pace bowlers:
Australia: Pat cummins
India: Shami
South Africa: Wayne Parnell
Pakistan: Junaid Khan
West Indies: Sheldon Cottrel
New Zealand: Trent Boult
England: Jordan
Sri Lanka: Pradeep (who has a lot of injuries and rarely play's)

98/3 england looking steady bell is looking very good and i'am pretty happy with the sri lankan seamers there is a little bit of shape but not a lot like a normal lord's wicket would produce I predict the pitch will seam and swing in day 2 and 3 and that will be a very good challenge for the lankans, a good contest.

England are 9/566 now, Root on 192 not out, Matt Prior returned to form with a well made 86 with Ian Bell scoring 56.

Pradeep has four wickets for the Sri Lankans while Eranga has three of his own. However, it's been a pretty poor effort from the Lankans, particularly after they sent England in on a pitch that looked pretty green.

Root gets his double hundred and with that England declare at 9/575. Anderson remains unbeaten on nine and will have an important job to play with the ball as Sri Lanka have a big task in front of them to counteract England's big first innings effort.

Sri Lanka are 4/345, Sangakkara on 133 not out. Kaushal Silva scored 63 while Mahela Jayawardene made 55.

Anderson has been the best with the ball with 2/73 but the pitch seems to have really flattened out after having a very greenish tinge at the start of the test.

30 overs left in the day also so that should see Sri Lanka get to about 455 at the close of play if they can maintain their current pace.

Back