Sri Lanka In New Zealand 15

futureblackcap

• Thu Dec 3 - Mon Dec 5 10:30 local (21:30 GMT -1d)
    New Zealand Board President's XI v Sri Lankans Queenstown Events Centre
    12.png
    8 - 20° C
  • Thu Dec 10 - Mon Dec 14 10:30 local (21:30 GMT -1d)
    1st Test - New Zealand v Sri Lanka University Oval, Dunedin LIVE
    N/A
  • Fri Dec 18 - Tue Dec 22 10:30 local (21:30 GMT -1d)
    2nd Test - New Zealand v Sri Lanka Seddon Park, Hamilton LIVE
    N/A
  • Sat Dec 26 (50 ovs) 11:00 local (22:00 GMT -1d)
    1st ODI - New Zealand v Sri Lanka Hagley Oval, Christchurch LIVE
    N/A
  • Mon Dec 28 (50 ovs) 11:00 local (22:00 GMT -1d)
    2nd ODI - New Zealand v Sri Lanka Hagley Oval, Christchurch LIVE
    N/A
  • Thu Dec 31 (50 ovs) 11:00 local (22:00 GMT -1d)
    3rd ODI - New Zealand v Sri Lanka Saxton Oval, Nelson LIVE
    N/A
  • Sat Jan 2 (50 ovs) 11:00 local (22:00 GMT -1d)
    4th ODI - New Zealand v Sri Lanka Saxton Oval, Nelson LIVE
    N/A
  • Tue Jan 5 (50 ovs) 11:00 local (22:00 GMT -1d)
    5th ODI - New Zealand v Sri Lanka Bay Oval, Mount Maunganui LIVE
    N/A
  • Thu Jan 7 (20 ovs) 15:00 local (02:00 GMT)
    1st T20I - New Zealand v Sri Lanka Bay Oval, Mount Maunganui LIVE
    N/A
  • Sun Jan 10 (20 ovs) 15:00 local (02:00 GMT)
    2nd T20I - New Zealand v Sri Lanka Eden Park, Auckland LIVE
    N

Sri Lankan cricket seems to be only getting worse so it'll be interesting to see how they go..

Test squad: Angelo Mathews (captain), Kusal Mendis, Udara Jayasundera, Dinesh Chandimal, Kusal Perera, Milinda Siriwardana, Kithuruwan Vithanage, Dimuth Karunaratne, Dhammika Prasad, Nuwan Pradeep, Suranga Lakmal, Dushmantha Chameera, Rangana Herath, Dilruwan Perera, Jeffrey Vandersay

Craig somehow retains his spot :eek: and Guptill is also lucky to to stay in the squad. Santner still there after his impressive debut and Neesham + Anderson still recovering from injury.

Test squad Brendon McCullum (capt), Trent Boult, Doug Bracewell, Mark Craig, Martin Guptill, Tom Latham, Mitchell Santner, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Neil Wagner, BJ Watling, Kane Williamson

President's XI: Ryan McCone (capt), James Baker, Joe Carter, Joel Harden, Shawn Hicks, Tim Johnston, Ken McClure, Matt McEwan, Glenn Phillips, Bharat Popli, Ben Smith, Blair Tickner, Neil Wagner

Sri Lankan cricket seems to be only getting worse so it'll be interesting to see how they go..

Test squad: Angelo Mathews (captain), Kusal Mendis, Udara Jayasundera, Dinesh Chandimal, Kusal Perera, Milinda Siriwardana, Kithuruwan Vithanage, Dimuth Karunaratne, Dhammika Prasad, Nuwan Pradeep, Suranga Lakmal, Dushmantha Chameera, Rangana Herath, Dilruwan Perera, Jeffrey Vandersay

Craig somehow retains his spot :eek: and Guptill is also lucky to to stay in the squad. Santner still there after his impressive debut and Neesham + Anderson still recovering from injury.

Test squad Brendon McCullum (capt), Trent Boult, Doug Bracewell, Mark Craig, Martin Guptill, Tom Latham, Mitchell Santner, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Neil Wagner, BJ Watling, Kane Williamson

President's XI: Ryan McCone (capt), James Baker, Joe Carter, Joel Harden, Shawn Hicks, Tim Johnston, Ken McClure, Matt McEwan, Glenn Phillips, Bharat Popli, Ben Smith, Blair Tickner, Neil Wagner

I don't follow Sri Lanka all that closely, but take Mathews & Herath out of that side, and I barely recognise a name.

I still maintain Guptill is a potato. His score is the worst thing that could happen for NZ in the short term. He'll play in the Tests against Aus and average an impressive for him 8.65 for the series.

I still maintain Guptill is a potato. His score is the worst thing that could happen for NZ in the short term. He'll play in the Tests against Aus and average an impressive for him 8.65 for the series.

We shall see... But you could well be right. I brought up on another forum that he could be the Shane Watson of NZ..

Most NZ fans are wishing that his form continues as he's quite a likable character and he's certainly good to watch when he's in form.

Isn't Guptill's ordinary Test average also pumped up by beating up on Bangladesh a couple of times? Think I remember someone on BF saying something about it.

Kiwis in front at the moment in the first test, Sri Lanka have fought pretty to get where they are but they'll need to do more to get close to NZ's total.

Isn't Guptill's ordinary Test average also pumped up by beating up on Bangladesh a couple of times? Think I remember someone on BF saying something about it.

Yeah, he's hit 405 runs against Zimbabwe and Bangladesh combined from five innings, averaging 101.25. That also includes a duck in there as well.

At the moment (including the current game), Guptill's average is 30.37. Taking away the Bangladesh/Zimbabwe games it drops to 26.02.

He is however a very, very good one-day player though.

We shall see... But you could well be right. I brought up on another forum that he could be the Shane Watson of NZ..

Most NZ fans are wishing that his form continues as he's quite a likable character and he's certainly good to watch when he's in form.
You wish! More like NZs answer to Neil McKenzie! Just somebody who I have no faith in stepping up.

Back