Subbies 2010-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Subbies season 09/10

So, with season launches and AGMs happening some of the few coaching positions not filled have now mostly been filled.

Werribee, Brighton and Preston have all from appointed within, Travis Bean (Werribee), David Gates (Brighton) and Ben Ryan (Preston) all being given the nod for the top job.

Kingston and Noble Park have installed non-playing coaches. At Kingston they've got former Sth Melbourne Brownlow medallist Peter Bedford and at Noble Park they have Andrew Kincaid.

Cheers 12345

Forgot to mention when are the vsdca going to release a draw? Whats happening with the 20/20 formatting, new rules etc?

Re: Subbies 2010-11

Short_of_a_length;402940 said:
Anyone got any news about upcoming subbies season? When is fixture released? Player movements etc

Heard a whisper that clubs will play T20 games for points after xmas as part of the fixture this season

BCC1842;402998 said:
Heard a whisper that clubs will play T20 games for points after xmas as part of the fixture this season

I like the idea, makes team selections more interesting as to whether clubs will have a specialst 20/20 team as opposed to their 1's side. I would think a lot of guys running around in the 3's would fancy themselves as being better 20/20 players than players who play regular 1's.

Draw not normally released for a few weeks yet (if there are no issues), rule changes are voted on next week, so more information will come ot light at that time. T20 fixture has been partially released with dates for three round robin matches in groups, and semi final and GF dates.
I don't have them on me but the start date is later this year, mid November?

Have heard the Champ Final is gong and the Final Four will become a final Six for this season. Also that a 20/20 game will be played for points in the normal season!

Interesting Stuff if it all happens. What is everyone's thoughts on the Champ Final. I for one would like to see it kept. It is the only unique feature our comp has over other comps. Thoughts!

The Duke;403075 said:
Have heard the Champ Final is gong and the Final Four will become a final Six for this season. Also that a 20/20 game will be played for points in the normal season!

Interesting Stuff if it all happens. What is everyone's thoughts on the Champ Final. I for one would like to see it kept. It is the only unique feature our comp has over other comps. Thoughts!

long live the champ final.......

going by my sources williamstown wont be playing at pt gellibrand this season.....due to the re-development of the grandstand/ground......maybe ywl can confirm....

Short_of_a_length;402999 said:
I like the idea, makes team selections more interesting as to whether clubs will have a specialst 20/20 team as opposed to their 1's side. I would think a lot of guys running around in the 3's would fancy themselves as being better 20/20 players than players who play regular 1's.

crap idea....end of the season finals is what clubs aim for traditional 2 day cricket.....to have t/20 matches for points is a joke.....teams might miss out on finals because of a 20/20 loss......i dont like it.....

The Duke;403075 said:

Yep love the champ final should be kept .. not sure about playing 20/20's for points.. keep that as a separate flag to be won

weapons05/06;403083 said:
crap idea....end of the season finals is what clubs aim for traditional 2 day cricket.....to have t/20 matches for points is a joke.....teams might miss out on finals because of a 20/20 loss......i dont like it.....

So that makes management of clubs all the more important, if you want to achieve success as a club you have to be adaptable to different forms of cricket. In a perfect world it would be great to have seperate 2 day, 1 day and T20 competitons that all clubs could compete in but that is never going to happen due to time restraints.

I agree with you BCC1842, lets leave it how it is. 20/20s are a bit of a laugh, but should not be played for proper points. I liked the 20/20 season last year, seemed to work ok.
Always an interesting time of year seeing and hearing about new players arriving. Haven't heard a lot from Caulfield Park yet. I know they've lost a Keeper a Spinner and an opening bat. Could they slide down the table?
Massive Hoop

Short_of_a_length;403090 said:
So that makes management of clubs all the more important, if you want to achieve success as a club you have to be adaptable to different forms of cricket. In a perfect world it would be great to have seperate 2 day, 1 day and T20 competitons that all clubs could compete in but that is never going to happen due to time restraints.

so playing a big hitter from your mockinbirds or mighty morfs going to take your club to a champ final.......by playing 20/20's i wouldnt think so.......

hit and giggle 20/20's.....seperate from 1 dayers and 2 dayers....yes a grand final in all formats would be nice but then it would become like district cricket.......wouldnt happen i would imagine

dowwwwwg

Weapons,

I hear that it is a goer for T20 for points.

I can't imagine there being a Final 6 AND a Championship Final.

weapons05/06;403136 said:
so playing a big hitter from your mockinbirds or mighty morfs going to take your club to a champ final.......by playing 20/20's i wouldnt think so.......

hit and giggle 20/20's.....seperate from 1 dayers and 2 dayers....yes a grand final in all formats would be nice but then it would become like district cricket.......wouldnt happen i would imagine

dowwwwwg

Whatever happens I am sure clubs will take it in their stride... Anyhoo enough on that, first training session tomorrow can't wait. Countdown to the season has begun haha bring it on :)

p-toe;403149 said:
Weapons,

I hear that it is a goer for T20 for points.

I can't imagine there being a Final 6 AND a Championship Final.

your astute words have swung me.....

gee whizz i spose then clubs will have to take it more serious which isnt a bad thing for the competition.....will this happen in the 3's n 4's????

I belive rules such as the T20 for points, final 6 are pennant rules which the exec set wihtout requiring club approval. \

Apparantly people have "officially asked the question" as to whether the 3's and 4's will also go to a final six - clearly not well considered given it is a 7 team comp! Frankly the VSDCA should either make it top 2 and then play NW SE (i.e. old-school!) finals or make it top side only for a comp final - they are developmental XI's but our comp needs to ensure they are still tough enough to devlop strong cricketers.

To add to the above colours now become compulsory accross all grades for 1 dayers and T20 and coloured pads are required for the 1's and 2's (3's n 4's to follow suite next year). Gotta feel for young kids coming to the subbies (potentially for only a few seasons or less on their way to district ranks) as they not only need to buy new equipment as they grow, but now whites, colours, coloured pads - quite expensive (compared to basketball or soccer pair of shoes/boots and your away!)

Anybody got a tip for the following....

premiers (assume no champions):
most improved club:
wooden spoon:

Also sad to see the number of obituaries since christmas on the subbies site

I dont mind the top 6, seems reasonable in a comp of 14 teams. Disappointing to lose the Club Champ. though. Don't like the idea of Twenty/20 for points, didnt see much wrong with last year's system. We've had coloured pads for the last two years, think about half the sides have done so too. Looks good and is a good move being made compulsary.
Tips (North South)
Winner: Impossible to call, would expect Malv and Caulfield to be good again.
Most Improved: Brighton
Spoon: Ormond would be 2-1 at this stage, particularly with rumours surround the loss of their captain.

hotpies90;403646 said:
I belive rules such as the T20 for points, final 6 are pennant rules which the exec set wihtout requiring club approval. \

Apparantly people have "officially asked the question" as to whether the 3's and 4's will also go to a final six - clearly not well considered given it is a 7 team comp! Frankly the VSDCA should either make it top 2 and then play NW SE (i.e. old-school!) finals or make it top side only for a comp final - they are developmental XI's but our comp needs to ensure they are still tough enough to devlop strong cricketers.

To add to the above colours now become compulsory accross all grades for 1 dayers and T20 and coloured pads are required for the 1's and 2's (3's n 4's to follow suite next year). Gotta feel for young kids coming to the subbies (potentially for only a few seasons or less on their way to district ranks) as they not only need to buy new equipment as they grow, but now whites, colours, coloured pads - quite expensive (compared to basketball or soccer pair of shoes/boots and your away!)

Anybody got a tip for the following....

premiers (assume no champions):
most improved club:
wooden spoon:

Also sad to see the number of obituaries since christmas on the subbies site

Pennant rule changes are suggested by clubs to the rules revision committee, who then present to the executive. The executive give a recommendation on each individual rule change and then the adoption or otherwise is voted upon by all 56 club delegates. Support of over 50% will see a rule introduced, this meeting was held last Wednesday.

The 3's & 4's will remain as final four for this season, and hopefully season 11/12 sees a return to the SE and NW groupings of 14 teams for the development XI's. At this time a final 6 would be introduced uniformly across the association.

It is a good point about costs associated with coloured clothing, however you will find quite conclusively that cricket is by far the cheapest sport in regards to season subs in comparison with soccer, basketball, hockey etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back