Subbies Thread

westland

Not sure the CSB trolls agree with you Westland, they seem to think it is quite special.
Anything would have to be an improvement on what preceded it. IMO cricket in the North and West would be better served if CV were to take over running the VTCA comp. Did Hoppers Crossing et al reluctantly leave the VTCA? I think not.

Turf Cricket

Anything would have to be an improvement on what preceded it. IMO cricket in the North and West would be better served if CV were to take over running the VTCA comp. Did Hoppers Crossing et al reluctantly leave the VTCA? I think not.
I think you might find they are, but you would hope most of the present admin wouldn't have a role to play.

Day 2 of the last 2 dayer coming up before finals. Rain forecast Friday night. Call me a cynic, but something is going to go down with covers this weekend. It's a perfect storm for teams needing mother nature's help!
Looks like the home teams batting will have the covers down today and those that are bowling will not. There will be a few wickets this week, unrecognisable to those of last week.

VSDCA North/West 1st XI ladder after round 12:
Williamstown 55
Melton 54
Brunswick 48
Kew 48
Plenty Valley 42
Yarraville 39
Werribee 36* OR 33*
Hoppers Crossing 36
Altona 30
St Bernard’s 30
Ivanhoe 30
Taylors Lakes 24* OR 27*
Preston 21
Coburg 15

Final Round – 12.30pm start 45 overs per side:
Plenty Valley v Altona at AK Line Reserve
Williamstown v Hoppers Crossing at Burbank Oval
Melton v Coburg at MacPherson Park
Preston v Kew at Preston City Oval
Brunswick v Werribee at AJ Gillon Oval
Taylors Lakes v Yarraville at Lionheart Reserve
St Bernard’s v Ivanhoe at Murphy Oval

Piston Broke

On paper at least the top 6 would be favourites to win this week leaving Werribee and Hoppers to miss out,doesn't always work out like that though.Wonder what happened at Werribee,they had Taylors Lakes in trouble and no more play,must have had a local downpour?
Just fyi Brenton,Williamstown play at the Williamstown Cricket Ground not Burbank.

On paper at least the top 6 would be favourites to win this week leaving Werribee and Hoppers to miss out,doesn't always work out like that though.Wonder what happened at Werribee,they had Taylors Lakes in trouble and no more play,must have had a local downpour?
Just fyi Brenton,Williamstown play at the Williamstown Cricket Ground not Burbank.
Werribee actually didn't put down the covers on the wicket on Thursday Night when it rained on Friday Morning and then go onto cover the wicket later on Friday after that it being raining in the lead-up to Saturday's second day of play for the 1st XI clash between Werribee & Taylors Lakes at Chirnside Park was the word that I did hear.

westland

Werribee actually didn't put down the covers on the wicket on Thursday Night when it rained on Friday Morning and then go onto cover the wicket later on Friday after that it being raining in the lead-up to Saturday's second day of play for the 1st XI clash between Werribee & Taylors Lakes at Chirnside Park was the word that I did hear.
We seem to have more contentious issues this season in respect to covers than I can before recall. Perhaps the main reason is that when covers were first introduced, it is my recollection the only requirement was they be laid by nightfall on the day preceding the match. I am fully in favour of the VSDCA's present TC but a consequence may be some clubs have difficulty in finding the manpower (or should that read ''peoplepower'') to comply.The relevant bylaw is unequivocal as regards the home clubs' responsibilities in respect to the laying of their covers.

No doubt there will be plenty of Roosters backing Bayswater and Balwyn in this week. Unfortunately a washout vs Moorabbin and a loss to Endeavour could cost them a Finals appearance.
Hard to see Brighton losing to Balwyn, having said that Malvern still need to beat Elsternwick. Bayswater's outright really hurt their chances.

dougie05

Looks like the home teams batting will have the covers down today and those that are bowling will not. There will be a few wickets this week, unrecognisable to those of last week.
pretty unrecognisable at Box Hill City Oval
hard to believe that close to 450 runs were scored on exactly the same pitch on the Tuesday during country week

Albundy

No doubt there will be plenty of Roosters backing Bayswater and Balwyn in this week. Unfortunately a washout vs Moorabbin and a loss to Endeavour could cost them a Finals appearance.
Hard to see Brighton losing to Balwyn, having said that Malvern still need to beat Elsternwick. Bayswater's outright really hurt their chances.
Caulfield would be shitting themselves if the giant killer Roosters snuck into 6th. Paper vs history! Damiano weddinggate all over again!

westland

Interesting that O'Meara reckons 6 new clubs are coming in.
Wouldn't be surprised if some Senior Division VTCA clubs are among them. I think the subbies need extra teams in order to have a promotion/relegation structure and, over time, may have to consider regionalisation given Melbourne's rapid growth. This comp has an excellent administration and will do its utmost to ensure its ongoing viability.

Turf Cricket

Wouldn't be surprised if some Senior Division VTCA clubs are among them. I think the subbies need extra teams in order to have a promotion/relegation structure and, over time, may have to consider regionalisation given Melbourne's rapid growth. This comp has an excellent administration and will do its utmost to ensure its ongoing viability.
They should have thought about promotion and relegation years ago and now it wouldn't be a problem.