Surrey boss urges county changes

mas cambios

Surrey boss urges county changes

Butcher told BBC London 94.9: "The franchise models that we're seeing may be an attractive proposition (here).

"The money that could be generated from that competition could finance a regional four-day competition for 60 or 70 of the best players in the country."

Full article at BBC.

Someone talking sense at last. I have long thought that a regional competition festuring the cream of English qualified talent should eb the way forward.

It would be a chance for players to play good, hard cricket at a level somewhere between county and test, as well as letting the selectors have a real look at possible selections.

The IPL will cause changes to take place within the English game, it just depends on how well they are done.

Re: Surrey boss urges county changes

I read somewhere that they are considering starting their own English Premier League similar to IPL. I dont know if its going to happen but its ironic considering that IPL itself is a copy of the English Football league, EPL.

I like the sound of a regional competition at the end of the season. It would only have to consist of 3 or 4 games (maybe a round robin and then finals) but it would certainly give the selectors a chance of seeing the best 40/50 players in the country.

I agree that a regional or franchise model would be great.

Someone said that the EPL would include all 18 counties, which I think would ruin it. The whole point is concentrated talent and having 18 teams would just destroy the essence of it.

Back