Thailand and the fallacy of the ICC’s global growth strategy

Sharkman84

When the ICC launched its ‘strategy for Global Growth’ on November 24, many were rightly skeptical. Almost two weeks later, Rod Lyall’s refrain, ‘ICC and Global Growth: by their deeds shall ye know them,’ rings truer than ever.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

The guys on the EC podcast teed right off on the ICC over the Associate nations issue.

I'll check with my cousin because he lives over there.
It might just be because of no actual competitions over there that are recognised.

I'll check with my cousin because he lives over there.
It might just be because of no actual competitions over there that are recognised.
The EC blokes were blowing up over the ICC's decision to bin the WCQ and just go on rankings which effectively kills off Thailand's bid to get into the Women's World Cup (their women's side is a lot stronger than their men's side is).

The EC blokes were blowing up over the ICC's decision to bin the WCQ and just go on rankings which effectively kills off Thailand's bid to get into the Women's World Cup (their women's side is a lot stronger than their men's side is).

Cricket is not really a big thing over there.

Not much recognition.

They are trying to do tours but keep getting blocked.

Cricket is not really a big thing over there.

Not much recognition.

They are trying to do tours but keep getting blocked.

The Board of Control for Corruption in India, CA and ECB constantly ************** over the game for their own selfish interests don't help really.

The women's game has kicked off in a big way.

The Board of Control for Corruption in India, CA and ECB constantly ************** over the game for their own selfish interests don't help really.

The women's game has kicked off in a big way.

Yeah because the game isn't played in Thailand. If Thailand played the game in Thailand they'd have an actual chance.
But with the women's they are played in other parts of asia.

Yeah because the game isn't played in Thailand. If Thailand played the game in Thailand they'd have an actual chance.
But with the women's they are played in other parts of asia.
I'm not just talking about Thailand here, I'm talking about the game in general. There's a mass discrepancy in ICC funding to the big nations and the rest and we sit there scratching ourselves wondering why the once mighty West Indies has been reduced to minnow status. India, England and Australia couldn't give a shit about growing the game.

Back