The best young talent

Timed Out

The best young talent

Who do you think the best talent under 25 is in the english county Circuit. How about they have to have less than 10 test or ODI caps.

Theres quite a few players out there but i think this harris guy at glamorgan is a great talent.

What do you think?

Re: The best young talent

I think Luke Wright is a great prospect (I'm sure he's under 25), hopefully he manages to become a star at the Twenty20 World Cup, although I feel he already deserves a chance in the England ODI team.

I agree on your point about James Harris aswell, he is incredibly young, but has already performed well above the level that he would've expected to (especially at Glamorgan). Here's to the future!

There are a lot guys out there but I'd pick out Sam Northeast, Chris Jordan and the above mentioned Harris. All have potential to play for England.

Ha! You guys have bad young guys! We have too many here, maybe you could steal some like you do with south africa. ;D

Oh dear me, i forgot Australia had pure fullbloods, Ricky Ponting 100% Aussie, Gilchrist 100% Aussie, Andrew Symonds....oh wait 100% English :D

KP, Strauss and G.Jones are English as much as Andrew Symonds is Australian ;)

True.

Geriant Jones, I don't like him. He was an Aussie, moved to England played for them (Because he knew he was never going to be good enough for Australia).

Wrong Hoops ;) He WAS Papa New Ginian (Spelled that right?)

Look, he is English, else he wouldn't be playing for us ;) Andrew Symonds is Australian, else he would be playing for England :p

Mustard and Peters are good WK batsmen, Bopara is class, not a fan of Broad, Cook is going to be world no 1 in a few years

Future is bright

As earlier said, future is bright for English cricket, lot's of raw talent starting to get mixed with the golden oldies - nice to learn them a few tricks and keep them relatively disciplined.

To name several:

Liam Plunkett - A young promising paceman useful, will be a England starter soon if he keeps his consistency.
Will Jefferson - Lovely batsman, puts anything and everything away.
Owais Shah - Starting to be given YET another chance by England, poor opening partnerships and silly shots is piling the pressure on the middle order. It is getting to Shah.
Gareth Batty - He seems to be a decent allrounder.
Kabir Ali - Hopefully can string a few games up in the Lions' get into a bit of form, usually handy with the bat too.

Simbazz said:
Wrong Hoops ;) He WAS Papa New Ginian (Spelled that right?)

Look, he is English, else he wouldn't be playing for us ;) Andrew Symonds is Australian, else he would be playing for England :p

Oh yeah. Well, I though he was raised in Queensland? Or was that Scott Styris?

Yeah he was born to West Indian parents but later he was adopted and his new parents settled in Australia.

Hooper said:
True.

Geriant Jones, I don't like him. He was an Aussie, moved to England played for them (Because he knew he was never going to be good enough for Australia).

Geraint is a friend of mine and if truth be told when he first came over to England I would have said that playing for any national side was the last thing on his mind, he was here purely to play cricket and develop his game.

As for his 'nationality' well he has British parents and obviously he can't help where he was born. As things stand he's English so what's the problem.

Would he have played for Australia, probably not but then that is no embarrassment considering the wealth of talent that has either never had a sniff or only got a handful of games for the national side.

The British Media treat Jones like a piece of crap. They slated him day in day out and never gave the lad 2 minutes of peace. Did it let it affect him. Maybe, maybe not. But he didnt show it. He was always positive and had good body language in interviews

The British Media are the biggest bunch of Scumbags in the world and never get behind any national pride. They always get on their back.

Maybe thats why were not as good as the Aussies, coz with the British Media its doom and gloom even when we are winning and that is in any sport

Many of the people mentioned in this thread are good choices for people that are up and coming and will be a great asset for any team that chooses them.

Back