The Covid Menace.

I only met him recently Jessica. He was a member but left. I persuaded him to return and join our friendly group. Am hoping STAX will start posting shortly.

Thomas have you had dual jabs. If so great that you will lose most of the current restrictions. Which are?

Thomas have you had dual jabs. If so great that you will lose most of the current restrictions. Which are?
Unfortunately, I haven't. Not even a single one. While I'm writing this, I'm applying again for them as I have done every day for more than two weeks. It's my age group now that should be getting their jabs based on the agreed priorities but I keep being rejected. One reason may be that I reject AstraZeneca which usually leads to an extra waiting period of three weeks or more as a punishment. I don't know and I'm getting disillusioned.
Those with dual jabs don't need a test when at the hairdresser's, can meet other people without limits, don't need to obey the curfew from 10-5 and similar things. But we're still having that lockdown and almost everything is closed anyway.
What about you and the others?

We have also rejected A/Z while Pfizer has been allocated for the u50s. So either we wait for our turn with that or longer for a safer option.
No lock downs, everything is open here, but face masks were again mandatory in some places like supermarkets and public transport after a solitary case in Sydney this week. I am feeling for India.. a terrible situation there so much so that we have closed our borders till May 15 stranding thousands of Aussies desperate to return home.

Last edited:
Now it turns out that they have just decided to use Johnson&Johnson also for those over 60 which adds one more vaccine to be rejected. I feel so discriminated against because all the others in my age group and older got a mRNA vaccine and I'm refused it.

Unfortunately, I haven't. Not even a single one. While I'm writing this, I'm applying again for them as I have done every day for more than two weeks. It's my age group now that should be getting their jabs based on the agreed priorities but I keep being rejected. One reason may be that I reject AstraZeneca which usually leads to an extra waiting period of three weeks or more as a punishment. I don't know and I'm getting disillusioned.
Those with dual jabs don't need a test when at the hairdresser's, can meet other people without limits, don't need to obey the curfew from 10-5 and similar things. But we're still having that lockdown and almost everything is closed anyway.
What about you and the others?
I'll refuse the AstraZeneca too Thomas, yes the risk of blood clots is low, but the last thing I need is to have it and then worry and panic if I have any side effects, I'm sticking to my guns on this one.

Fellas - not too sure about these current vaccines, some of them you need two jabs, others only one jab, then there's the side effects as well... scientists have plenty to do yet to come up with the right formula.
Vaccines take years to produce, how come these covid vaccines were knocked out so quickly 🤔
Reckon thousands think like us and are being very cautious.

Vaccines take years to produce, how come these covid vaccines were knocked out so quickly 🤔
Reckon thousands think like us and are being very cautious.
This is due to a hitherto unheard-of world-wide cooperation between scientists, for one thing, and the fact that research was not organised consecutively but was overlapping which led to immense time savings, for another thing.
Ironically, people were initially sceptical about the completely new mRNA vaccines like Pfizer/Biontech and Moderna. Now they are being suspicious of the traditional vector vaccines like Johnson&Johnson and AstraZeneca.

Not much being written about this one. Anyone know of its efficacy. Didn't the yanks ban J&J.

We will be allowing stranded Aussie/Indians back home in three days. With India's shocking Covid death figures I can see our cases jumping when they hit our shores. All our returnees must be vaxed before they leave India but will they. I doubt it.

Thomas explain differences between vector and mRNA vaxes?

Last edited:
Not much being written about this one. Anyone know of its efficacy. Didn't the yanks ban J&J.
Thomas explain differences between vector and mRNA vaxes?
There's hardly any difference between Pfizer/BioNtech and Moderna. They have the same efficacy of 95% after two jabs.
A simplified explanantion is this: Vector vaccines use the DNA of a modified virus, the vector, (from monkeys usually) to transport the blueprint for the spike proteins with which the body develops its immune response while m(essenger)RNA vaccines just transport the blueprint (the message) only without the help of a modified virus. So, they just send the message and then disappear.

There's hardly any difference between Pfizer/BioNtech and Moderna. They have the same efficacy of 95% after two jabs.
A simplified explanantion is this: Vector vaccines use the DNA of a modified virus, the vector, (from monkeys usually) to transport the blueprint for the spike proteins with which the body develops its immune response while m(essenger)RNA vaccines just transport the blueprint (the message) only without the help of a modified virus. So, they just send the message and then disappear.
Sounds complicated. So is your bet for the safest vax, Pfizer or Moderna? Who makes the latter.. know little of this. Not one Australia is using at present.

Australia had planned to ship our bio-tech giant CSL-made Astra Zeneca vaccines to the Pacific and already has provided some to Papua New Guinea, but the minor risk of blood clots among the young has created complications.

The Australian government will build a home-grown MRNA facility to make "vaccines of the future" like the Pfizer and Moderna jabs and perhaps our own designed vaxes too.

Last edited:
Sounds complicated. So is your bet for the safest vax, Pfizer or Moderna? Who makes the latter.. know little of this. Not one Australia is using at present.
Moderna is a US-made vaccine. I'll go for mRNA vaccines only. Pfizer, Moderna, or Curevac, when it's approved of.

Hey guys I had my Pzifer vaccine yesterday, so far I've only had a very sore arm, it's easing now though, I stuck to my guns and refused the AstraZeneca jab twice, I get my 2nd jab in August, although it could be brought forward by 4 weeks🤗

Back