The Olympics Thread

baggygreen man

also known as Richie or Baggers
Staff member
I remember you telling me about how the boarding school really restricted you in playing sport, must have been a real pain mate - that's hilarious though that you had to clear the field of cattle crap if you wanted to play cricket or footy.
Sounds like you were a pretty good cricketer & rugby league player Richie... you were a playmaker in rugby league, in rugby I also played in the playmaker role at 1st-five {number 10}
Johnny Raper must have been a top player mate, great that he played for your Dragons as well... reckon all 3 of us were very handy at playing sport.
When I was finally released from boarding school after almost a decade of deprivation.. I did let my hair down and played both cricket and league for my new school, after which I played footy for my first place of work.. a department store. I did consider a career in the game but a serious recurring knee injury put paid to that. After that I became a couch sportsman. My first live cricket match was watching Lillee and Thommo pound the Poms at the SCG in '75. You probably already know that Mal.. info is for Jessica and Thomas.

Signman

also known as Mal
When I was finally released from boarding school after almost a decade of deprivation.. I did let my hair down and played both cricket and league for my new school, after which I played footy for my first place of work.. a department store. I did consider a career in the game but a serious recurring knee injury put paid to that. After that I became a couch sportsman. My first live cricket match was watching Lillee and Tommo pound the Poms at the SCG in '75. You probably already know that Mal.. info is for Jessica and Thomas.
Yeah, you did tell me Richie :thumbsu:

Last edited by a moderator:

baggygreen man

also known as Richie or Baggers
Staff member
To my knowledge Australia has never had an Olympic Decathlon medalist? We certainly have a good one going to Tokyo.. two in fact, Cedric Dubler, 26, and 2018 World Junior Champion. Ashley Moloney, 21. Click below to read Moloney's story.

Ash Moloney