The Lounge 2

Some of Australia's Olympic swimmers have been involved in a Covid scare when a tourist contracted the virus at a resort in north Queensland on Sunday. Perhaps a storm in a teacup or press sensationalism as to my knowledge our Olympic athletes have already been vaccinated.
Same here.

The gates are wide open for England to get the European title. Was watching the second half but not the extra time. Was too pooped. Keep my fingers crossed for them.

My country has gone football mad, there's an RAF flyover before kickoff, Prince William has been to at least 2 matches at Wembley and 2 tennis matches at Wimbledon, some people can only dream about going to watch sports 🙄
I won't be watching the match, I'll be cooking food and storing it in the fridge for the week ahead 😎

Thomas how is Sari, presumably she's had her stitches out by now? 🐕
She's fine, still sleeping while I'm writing this. Yes, the stiches have been out for some weeks. If nothing happens, I won't need to see the vet with her again until next year. Her belly is still bald, though, and I hope she'll grow some warming fur until it gets colder again.

Sari7.jpg

Are yours alright?

She's fine, still sleeping while I'm writing this. Yes, the stiches have been out for some weeks. If nothing happens, I won't need to see the vet with her again until next year. Her belly is still bald, though, and I hope she'll grow some warming fur until it gets colder again.

View attachment 1268

Are yours alright?
That is one chilled out little dog 🤗
My dogs are in doggy heaven Thomas, hope they are behaving themselves 🙂

I guess too late now to cancel the Games but the first Covid cases have been discovered in the athletes village. There are some 4K athletes plus officials in the village so if these two cases spread it may create a huge cluster. I can see hundreds of athletes pulling out in fear of that occurring.

I guess too late now to cancel the Games but the first Covid cases have been discovered in the athletes village. There are some 4K athletes plus officials in the village so if these two cases spread it may create a huge cluster. I can see hundreds of athletes pulling out in fear of that occurring.
Terrible when you think of all the preparations. I've been looking forward to it but I can see disruptions ahead.

Jessica, Thomas, a side bet that Australia wins more medals in Tokyo. How about we post our respective daily medal tallies. If medals are tied then the nation that has won most gold wins.

Last edited:
Australia will host its third Olympics after the IOC awarded the 2032 Games to Brisbane. Gotta love it! :cool:.
Jess and Thomas have I told you I attended the Sydney 2000 Millenium Games free as wife worked for one of the major sponsors. What a thrill that was to have the planet's greatest sporting event in my home town.

Jessica, Thomas, a side bet that Australia wins more medals in Tokyo. How about we post our respective daily medal tallies. If medals are tied then the nation that has won most gold wins.

Sounds good to me 🤗

I bet Aussies win most Gold medals in the pool. We do have some good water sports athletes ourselves but the Aussies seem to shine in the pool 🏊

Australia will host its third Olympics after the IOC awarded the 2032 Games to Brisbane. Gotta love it! :cool:.
Jess and Thomas have I told you I attended the Sydney 2000 Millenium Games free as wife worked for one of the major sponsors. What a thrill that was to have the planet's greatest sporting event in my home town.
Bet that was a fantastic experience 🤩

Back