The Lounge 2

Germany lost its opening match vs the current champion France through an own goal... Not much optimism for the forthcoming matches. Congrats on England's first victory ever in an opening match. :thumbsu:

Germany lost its opening match vs the current champion France through an own goal... Not much optimism for the forthcoming matches. Congrats on England's first victory ever in an opening match. :thumbsu:
You will win the next one Thomas. Are these Olympic qualifying matches?

To my knowledge Australia has never had an Olympic Decathlon medalist? We certainly have a good one going to Tokyo.. two in fact, Cedric Dubler, 26, and 2018 World Junior Champion. Ashley Moloney, 21. Click below to read Moloney's story.

Ash Moloney

Silly me thinking they were Olympic qualifiers on an Olympic thread;)

Our female soccer football team has drawn with Sweden in an Olympic warm up match.

Last edited:
When I was finally released from boarding school after almost a decade of deprivation.. I did let my hair down and played both cricket and league for my new school, after which I played footy for my first place of work.. a department store. I did consider a career in the game but a serious recurring knee injury put paid to that. After that I became a couch sportsman. My first live cricket match was watching Lillee and Thommo pound the Poms at the SCG in '75. You probably already know that Mal.. info is for Jessica and Thomas.
Boarding school sounds dreadful.
Pound the Poms sounds funny 😆

Australia has a rich history of Equestrian success at the Olympics starting with a pair of golds in the three-day event in Rome in 1960. Laurie Morgan and Neale Lavis who had already won gold and silver respectively in the individual contest, then joined the legendary Bill Roycroft to win the team event. Roycroft actually left his hospital bed to compete after a fall the previous day. Then followed varied success until our next triumph at Sydney's own Olympics in 2000 at which Australia's three day eventing team of Andrew Hoy , Phillip Dutton, Stuart Tinney and Matt Ryan (below) took gold in a thriller from GB while the great Andrew Hoy also snagged a silver in the individual event. I was lucky to see this ding dong battle live at the specially built Sydney International Equestrian Centre.
1624407473447.png

Euro Footie Cup.
I feel sorry for the Scots. I kept my fingers crossed last night.
Now it's getting more difficult because an awesome small final in the form of a last 16 encounter between England and Germany has now become possible if Germany qualifies tonight either by winning or by a draw against Hungary.
Our commentator said last night if that happened he would ask for three hours broadcasting time before the match to look back on and reappraise the story of those encounters in Wembley.

Our record in this respect is not too bad as Jessica may know. 🤗

Boarding school sounds dreadful.

Jess type boarding school in search engine if you wanna know more. I also have a small video clip of the school that shows myself and brother. I found it by accident and almost fainted.

Euro Footie Cup.
I feel sorry for the Scots. I kept my fingers crossed last night.
Now it's getting more difficult because an awesome small final in the form of a last 16 encounter between England and Germany has now become possible if Germany qualifies tonight either by winning or by a draw against Hungary.
Our commentator said last night if that happened he would ask for three hours broadcasting time before the match to look back on and reappraise the story of those encounters in Wembley.

Our record in this respect is not too bad as Jessica may know. 🤗
I don't really like football 😱 our English players are too big headed and show off too much for my liking 😆 I much prefer tennis 😍

I don't really like football 😱 our English players are too big headed and show off too much for my liking 😆 I much prefer tennis 😍
Me, too. I don't watch club football at all. Don't like the culture and "folklore" to go with it. In the past I didn't even watch World Cup finals; always had better things to do. Yet on Tuesday there'll be a classic between England and Germany in Wembley which I'll be watching.
Some of our players are just as snooty. Ordered a "gold steak" in a restaurant and show off with their flashy cars.

Last edited:
Me, too. I don't watch club football at all. Don't like the culture and "folklore" to go with it. In the past I didn't even watch World Cup finals; always had better things to do. Yet on Tuesday there'll be a classic between England and Germany in Wembley which I'll be watching.
Some of our players are just as snooty. Ordered a "gold steak" in a restaurant and show off with their flashy cars.
Totally agree 👍
As for the English fans, an utter disgrace and embarrassment, not all of them but some disgusting behaviour which puts us in a bad light.🙄

Some of Australia's Olympic swimmers have been involved in a Covid scare when a tourist contracted the virus at a resort in north Queensland on Sunday. Perhaps a storm in a teacup or press sensationalism as to my knowledge our Olympic athletes have already been vaccinated.

Back