The Weather Thread

Got to 38 degrees here yesterday, today was 34 and fairly humid.

Cooler tomorrow but back to the mid to high 30's until at least next Friday.

looker-on looker-on
How was Storm Eunice? Hope you all got through it ok 🤗

Yes, we have so far.
There've been three in a row with Eunice being the strongest one but not as strong as it was in the UK. The strongest gust came with 160 km/h while reaching 196 in Britain. Luckily, its track was more in the north leaving the most damage there. We're expecting a third one this night but it's said to be less strong than Eunice.
Because my home faces west with a lake and kilometres of open countryside behind it any storm is stronger for us than for those living in densely built-up areas.
How were you hit, Jessica?

Today got to 36.3 degrees which is the seventh consecutive day here of 36.3 degrees or more. The working week here will see the temperature stay in the mid to high 30's before dropping to the low 30's next weekend.

In the last 63 days it has rained once for a total of 0.8mm with no further rain expected for at least the next seven days.

Yes, we have so far.
There've been three in a row with Eunice being the strongest one but not as strong as it was in the UK. The strongest gust came with 160 km/h while reaching 196 in Britain. Luckily, its track was more in the north leaving the most damage there. We're expecting a third one this night but it's said to be less strong than Eunice.
Because my home faces west with a lake and kilometres of open countryside behind it any storm is stronger for us than for those living in densely built-up areas.
How were you hit, Jessica?
Our street had 2 trees down, luckily nobody was hurt, lots of wheelie bins and their contents flew down to the next street, and I was almost blown away but thankfully I grabbed hold of a metal fence and stayed firmly where I was stood 😂

Just heard about the next storm for tomorrow, hope it's the last one!

This is the last throes of the dreaded La Nina weather system that has played havoc with most of Eastern Australia this autumn/summer.
1645662440657.png

This is the last throes of the dreaded La Nina weather system that has played havoc with most of Eastern Australia this autumn/summer.
View attachment 1429

Certainly a very wet summer over there. La Nina not done with just yet, the east coast is predicted to have above average autumn rainfall for the next three months as per the Bureau of Meteorology's latest long-range outlook.

Cyclone Anika made landfall in the Kimberley region of Western Australia (WA) about four hours ago as a category two tropical cyclone. Anika is expected to weaken to a tropical low over the next day or so over land and then reintensify to a category two cyclone around 1pm on Tuesday while north west of Cape Leveque.

The long-term forecast has the cyclone whacking the Eighty Mile beach area of Western Australia as a category three or possibly category four cyclone on late Wednesday or early Thursday. Luckily this part of WA is very sparsely populated with only Sandfire Roadhouse located to the east of the potential landfall in the area.

The confidence in this forecast is low with several computer models having varying scenarios with this cyclone so confidence is low in he track and intensity at the moment.

1645892136386.png

Back