Trivia Chase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richie

Staff member
A new guessing game BigCricketers.

Mount Rushmore the American monument now features former Presidents.. but the original proposal was to feature something completely different. What?

Initially it was supposed to deal with the western frontier, Buffalo Bill and Crazy Horse were 2 I remember, that is why they did the Crazy Horse memorial in the Black Hills. They thought the presidents had a greater appeal, I'm not sure the native american indians would agree.

Initially it was supposed to deal with the western frontier, Buffalo Bill and Crazy Horse were 2 I remember, that is why they did the Crazy Horse memorial in the Black Hills. They thought the presidents had a greater appeal, I'm not sure the native american indians would agree.
I read only wild west figures like Wild Bill Hickock or Buffalo Bill Cody. No mention of any native Americans.

Your turn.

Just looked it up "Robinson wanted it to feature American West heroes, such as Lewis and Clark, their expedition guide Sacagawea, Oglala Lakota chief Red Cloud, Buffalo Bill Cody, and Oglala Lakota chief Crazy Horse. Borglum believed that the sculpture should have broader appeal and chose the four presidents

How many of Snow White’s seven dwarfs have names ending in the letter Y?

Just looked it up "Robinson wanted it to feature American West heroes, such as Lewis and Clark, their expedition guide Sacagawea, Oglala Lakota chief Red Cloud, Buffalo Bill Cody, and Oglala Lakota chief Crazy Horse. Borglum believed that the sculpture should have broader appeal and chose the four presidents
:thumbsu:

How many of Snow White’s seven dwarfs have names ending in the letter Y?
Most of em. Dopey, Sleepy, Grumpy, Sneezy. thats all I can think of.

Name the longest continental mountain range in the world.

Gene Autry is the only person to be awarded stars in all five categories on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. What are they.

Why did the Russians show up 12 days late for the 1908 Olympics.

Last edited:
1. Mid-Ocean Ridge
2. can think of 3... Movies, TV and Radio
3. they must have gone on 12 day pub crawl ;)

1. Mid-Ocean Ridge
2. can think of 3... Movies, TV and Radio
3. they must have gone on 12 day pub crawl ;)
Had a chuckle on 3. 😆 the mountain range is in Sth America. #3 is tuff.. The Ruskies were working off an incorrect calendar.
2. think about the other two.

Last edited:
Thought you'd enjoy the pub crawl reply for 3. mate 😀 ...was pretty hilarious though that they used an incorrect calendar.

1. The Andes
2. Live stage performance... will have a think about the other one.

The Catalonia region is in which country?

Which two countries share the Victoria Falls?

The country Ivory Coast is now known as what?

Who painted the Mona Lisa?

How many dots are there on two dice?

What horoscope sign has a crab?

Where was Christopher Columbus born?

When did the American Civil War end?

1. Leonardo da Vinci.~~ripper
2. 42.~~ripper
3. Cancer~~ripper
4. Spain~~boo
5. 1860~~boo

Good effort Mal.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. What object did Ben Franklin attach to the end of a kite string to prove that lightning is electricity.
2. What is the tallest breed of dog in the world.
3. What is the softest mineral in the world.
4. In what year was the first-ever Wimbledon Championship held.
5. What is the most common letter in the English alphabet.

1. What object did Ben Franklin attach to the end of a kite string to prove that lightning is electricity.~~a key
What is the tallest breed of dog in the world.~~ Great Dane?
3. What is the softest mineral in the world~~lead?
4. In what year was the first-ever Wimbledon Championship held.~~sometime mid to late 1800s.
5. What is the most common letter in the English alphabet.~~A?
tuffies mate

For Pete.
1. In which European city would you find Orly airport
2. Which African country was formerly known as Abyssinia
3. Which author wrote the ‘Winnie-the-Pooh’ books
4. What is the loudest animal on Earth
5. Which of Shakespeare’s plays is the longest

Good luck mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back