VB Twenty20

Re: VB Twenty20

southern sledge;313479 said:
Yes they were by Springy South before Xmas with a depleted team.
Depleted team? With all due respect, who were they missing? As long as the Russell boys, Mullaney, Sager and Jeffree were playing, thats their best 5 playing. Plus Restarick, Wiley, Scruff and Black all play ones. So there's only 2 ring ins, replacing the 16 y/o keeper and one other.
 

Not Out

Member
Re: VB Twenty20

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;313700 said:
Depleted team? With all due respect, who were they missing? As long as the Russell boys, Mullaney, Sager and Jeffree were playing, thats their best 5 playing. Plus Restarick, Wiley, Scruff and Black all play ones. So there's only 2 ring ins, replacing the 16 y/o keeper and one other.
North is right, there was no depleted team, just beaten by a better team on the night.

Didn't help that the game had to be transferred the day before the game thanks to Glen Eira council refusing to prepare a wicket for the match, even with Cricket Victoria covering all costs for preparations to the wickets for 20/20 finals matches. Glen Eira council are a joke.

And the keeper (Palmer) has only just turned 15, not 16. 40-odd & 67 in consecutive weeks against Spotty & Doutta.
 

cheer_cheer

Member
Re: VB Twenty20

Babies Arm;313965 said:
so when are the semi finals for the whole thing???
South Barwon play against Ashburton Willows on the Grand Final at the G on 1st March at 1pm. Should be a good arvo to go down for a look !!
 

southern sledge

Active Member
Re: VB Twenty20

The VTCA Aussies are playing the VTCA Internationals that day at Port Melbourne for the Bushfire affected clubs, so we would hope that takes preference over a 20/20 that we arn't involved in.
 

cheer_cheer

Member
Re: VB Twenty20

southern sledge;327199 said:
The VTCA Aussies are playing the VTCA Internationals that day at Port Melbourne for the Bushfire affected clubs, so we would hope that takes preference over a 20/20 that we arn't involved in.
anything for the bush fire fundraising is good stuff. At the VB T20 game we are hoping to collect a gold coin donation from everyone if Cricket Victoria agree, and also our club will be running a raffle for a signed GFC jumper with half the proceeds going to our fundraising tally.
 
Re: VB Twenty20

gca_ipl;327261 said:
anything for the bush fire fundraising is good stuff. At the VB T20 game we are hoping to collect a gold coin donation from everyone if Cricket Victoria agree, and also our club will be running a raffle for a signed GFC jumper with half the proceeds going to our fundraising tally.
And where does the other half $'s go?
 

Babies Arm

Member
Re: VB Twenty20

Too Old Body Broke;327332 said:
Well I would have thought ALL monies raised go to those affected by the bushfires?
gotta pay for the jumper mate. plus we are not playing a fundrasing game mate. we are playing a T20 final on the mcg.
 
Top