Vista

Vista

I don't have any problems with Vista but I know that some people hate it.

Just wondering what is it that you hate about Vista?

I might be able to help you out here.

Re: Vista

The initial reviews of Vista weren't flattering and that's why people hate Vista. While Vista is a good OS, MS screwed up by creating too many versions of Vista which also caused confusion over Vista Ready PC's.

I use it and have had no real problems.

Although I have made it similar to XP by changing from the ugly looking start panel to something that is easier for me to navigate - the windows classic version.

Then I dealt with those frustrating Continue messages by going into user accounts and unchecking the box that makes those messages come up.

It runs a lot smoother

Also it is easier on the eye.

Well yeah I have to agree, Vista before SP1 was horrible. And the reviews were justified.

But the problem is there were hardly any reviews post SP1 and people still have the old perception, even without trying it. I'm not talking about everyone here, but the majority.

It can be a bit slower than XP if you don't have the right hardware, but its definitely much more stable, and has a lot more features. For once I love the speech recognition.

I was lucky I did a small course when Vista came out. I love it now because when I got my new computer it came with the SP1 already installed in it.
So I am happy. All I had to do was buy my own anti virus software (stuck with Norton Anti Virus software).

Kshitiz;295621 said:
A course on Vista? What the... I mean its strange. How exactly did it help?
Yeah it was more one of the modules that we had to do in the Networking stream. It helped us get our heads around it.
We did one on XP last year

Hitterman;295912 said:
The only thing I hate about vista is, it doesn't run my cricket 07.
Then there must be a problem. I have Vista and can run it without any problems whatsoever. Infact 100's of more people can.

schwab2clarkson;295999 said:
:rolleyes:
Why do you play so many games? It should be able to run your game, unless it is a pirated copy of it.
What's wrong with playing games? If Vista can't run his games its Vista's fault rather than his.

AB;296232 said:
What's wrong with playing games? If Vista can't run his games its Vista's fault rather than his.

Some of them in particular those that have been copied won't work with vista.
Also it takes up the bandwith and too much memory on your pc, especially if it is a really old machine.

Playing games is not going to slow your PC down if it meets the recommended requirements of a game. If it does, the problem lies with the OS or the drivers.

AB;296292 said:
Playing games is not going to slow your PC down if it meets the recommended requirements of a game. If it does, the problem lies with the OS or the drivers.
It takes up the memory.

My Networking teacher told us that. It's amazing how many computers he has to fix up all because people get the wrong sort of pc.

Hitterman get yourself a gaming computer and don't use a normal computer and then you won't have any problems

Back