VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

spotiswoode 1888;272297 said:
2 past test cricketers in the one place? Maybe u had a couple of test cricket cards in your pocket. All smoke and mirrors.

Me and J Wiener. You're ignorant, show some respect. The kids wouldn't stop running up to us!

2 past test cricketers in the one place? Maybe u had a couple of test cricket cards in your pocket. All smoke and mirrors.

Me and J Wiener. You're ignorant, show some respect. The kids wouldn't stop running up to us!

hey can you arrange an autograph from you and your mate? i can't get down to bentleigh on a saturday because i'm playing cricket myself so please send them to the spotswood cricket club, care of dizzy gillepsie.

hey can you arrange an autograph from you and your mate? i can't get down to bentleigh on a saturday because i'm playing cricket myself so please send them to the spotswood cricket club, care of dizzy gillepsie.

Weiner gets down to the Maccabi games fairly regularly, even the juniors. Doesn't mind a bit of yap at the opposition either from memory.

Weiner gets down to the Maccabi games fairly regularly, even the juniors. Doesn't mind a bit of yap at the opposition either from memory.

DizzyGillepsie;272414 said:

Peace and love. Peace and love.

DizzyGillepsie;272414 said:

Peace and love. Peace and love.

bonus points must go;272364 said:
Is Al Lasky the best player in Senior A?

No. Good, right up there, but not the best in the comp. Lamb, Hignett, Galage, Tupper, Timms (if he's playing this year, didn't on Saturday) would be as good or better. I reckon his little Sri Lankan teammate is a bit more dangerous. Can take the game away from you in a dozen overs.

Definitely was in good knick last year and looks like he's started off alright this year too.

bonus points must go;272364 said:
Is Al Lasky the best player in Senior A?

No. Good, right up there, but not the best in the comp. Lamb, Hignett, Galage, Tupper, Timms (if he's playing this year, didn't on Saturday) would be as good or better. I reckon his little Sri Lankan teammate is a bit more dangerous. Can take the game away from you in a dozen overs.

Definitely was in good knick last year and looks like he's started off alright this year too.

woodo;272391 said:
Thats a good point and demonstrates why you would think spotty would also have been pissed off about the granny wicket - they lost a day's bar sales. With doutta playing that could have been very costly.

You obviously dont know Doutta!! The lads bring their own:eek:

woodo;272391 said:
Thats a good point and demonstrates why you would think spotty would also have been pissed off about the granny wicket - they lost a day's bar sales. With doutta playing that could have been very costly.

You obviously dont know Doutta!! The lads bring their own:eek:

Vicious and Well Directed;272421 said:

Timms is easily the best bat in Senior A. Year after year he racks em up!!

Vicious and Well Directed;272421 said:

Timms is easily the best bat in Senior A. Year after year he racks em up!!

Dingo_Jones;272329 said:
Could'nt have put it better myself. It's about time more clubs took pride in the way there wkts are prepaired. The association pays around 400 dollars to the club that hosts the granny. What did spotty do with it? Did they pass it on?
Whats wrong with the host club hiring a curator of repute to prepare the G/F track? Spotswood can't run away from the fact that there wicket was a disgrace for the G/F in the opinion of some. Did they take the money and run? This conversation would not be taking place if clubs cared more about the reputation of the association rather than the tinkling of the till.
Instead of putting a bounty on the head of the council employed curator, let host clubs take responsibility for track preparation.

For the last time on this issue.....
When a ground/wicket is controlled by a local council, the club or the VTCA have NO, I repeat, NO say in how the wicket is prepared!!! This talk about bringing in a reputable curator is crap. The council will NOT even allow Len Robbins Snr, who until the end of last year was the a 12 year curator at Melb Uni, onto the wicket!! And if you ask district cricketers what they thought of the Melb Uni wicket, it is up there with the best.

Now, can this talk cease, it is starting to feel like a merry go round:(

Dingo_Jones;272329 said:
Could'nt have put it better myself. It's about time more clubs took pride in the way there wkts are prepaired. The association pays around 400 dollars to the club that hosts the granny. What did spotty do with it? Did they pass it on?
Whats wrong with the host club hiring a curator of repute to prepare the G/F track? Spotswood can't run away from the fact that there wicket was a disgrace for the G/F in the opinion of some. Did they take the money and run? This conversation would not be taking place if clubs cared more about the reputation of the association rather than the tinkling of the till.
Instead of putting a bounty on the head of the council employed curator, let host clubs take responsibility for track preparation.

For the last time on this issue.....
When a ground/wicket is controlled by a local council, the club or the VTCA have NO, I repeat, NO say in how the wicket is prepared!!! This talk about bringing in a reputable curator is crap. The council will NOT even allow Len Robbins Snr, who until the end of last year was the a 12 year curator at Melb Uni, onto the wicket!! And if you ask district cricketers what they thought of the Melb Uni wicket, it is up there with the best.

Now, can this talk cease, it is starting to feel like a merry go round:(

underarm bowler;272330 said:
Spotswood have good teas though! never had a problem with the ground when we played there....hard and green...seams around a bit early.
is Matthews from Youlden playing this or Marcey from Keilor....could effect their chances at either end of table if not.

to answer your query ub, simon j "showy" matthews is playing this season. he missed the first game but will be right from now on & hes ready to terrorize opposition senior bats!! ;)

underarm bowler;272330 said:
Spotswood have good teas though! never had a problem with the ground when we played there....hard and green...seams around a bit early.
is Matthews from Youlden playing this or Marcey from Keilor....could effect their chances at either end of table if not.

to answer your query ub, simon j "showy" matthews is playing this season. he missed the first game but will be right from now on & hes ready to terrorize opposition senior bats!! ;)

shane warne the 2nd;272441 said:
who and whats the go for this week ends cricket in the seniors?
bit different this week, 2 dayer and the cob webs SHOULD be out.
start seeing the better teams rise

Could have just about picked the 6 winners in Senior Div last weekend. A few surprises in Senior A though.

Better wickets and hotter weather this Saturday. Tipping some big scores to be put on the board, good toss to win.

shane warne the 2nd;272441 said:
who and whats the go for this week ends cricket in the seniors?
bit different this week, 2 dayer and the cob webs SHOULD be out.
start seeing the better teams rise

Could have just about picked the 6 winners in Senior Div last weekend. A few surprises in Senior A though.

Better wickets and hotter weather this Saturday. Tipping some big scores to be put on the board, good toss to win.

Cash Man;272448 said:

A few surprises in there, wouldn't have picked AWStC to smash Doutta like they did, and Hoppers and Strathmore losing where surprises. Some good games coming up:

AWStC to carry on all over OEG
RPB are a better side, but Hampton is a tough wicket. RPB just
Doutta to bounce back
YC and AN comfortably
South Caulfield and Keilor could go either way.

St Bernards to make it 2-0
Brighton and Sunshine United should get the job done
Strathmore and Hoppers should open their accounts, serious questions should be asked if not
MHSOB and Ajax loser in a fight to avoid relegation.

Rumour circulating that Stage 4 water restrictions may be on their way which means an early end to the season...

Cash Man;272448 said:

A few surprises in there, wouldn't have picked AWStC to smash Doutta like they did, and Hoppers and Strathmore losing where surprises. Some good games coming up:

Doutta to bounce back
YC and AN comfortably

Strathmore and Hoppers should open their accounts, serious questions should be asked if not

Rumour circulating that Stage 4 water restrictions may be on their way which means an early end to the season...

Vicious and Well Directed;272461 said:

Doutta to bounce back
YC and AN comfortably

shittttt
spewin if it does!
just doesnt wanna seem to rain!
it can rain sunday, monday, tuesday night, wednesday night, thursday night
i think everyone can agree on that?

Doutta to bounce back
YC and AN comfortably

shittttt
spewin if it does!

Doutta to bounce back
YC and AN comfortably

you dont rate us at youlden parkville, vawd...

Doutta to bounce back
YC and AN comfortably

you dont rate us at youlden parkville, vawd...

shane warne the 2nd;272470 said:
[/B]

shittttt
spewin if it does!

whats the story if it does come in (stage 4)???

Any back up plans for the season??? For finals???

shane warne the 2nd;272470 said:
[/B]

shittttt
spewin if it does!

whats the story if it does come in (stage 4)???

Any back up plans for the season??? For finals???

woodo;272284 said:
On the curator issue, dont think clubs can afford to pay someone to do it. If there is already someone playing or involved at the club who has the qualifications then great, but otherwise.....In spotty's case they're probably spending all their cash trying to make sure their performances on the field improve.

Correct me if im wrong but when you take out Spotty, Yarraville Club and Altona North, suddenly there's not a lot of grounds in the North that tick all the boxes for a Senior Div GF I dont think. Maybe the execs need to look below Senior Div for grounds if two North sides make it again this year. Dunno about the wicket, but St Bernards for example is a nice ground.

OEG would be worth considering or Yarraville if they arent there....
No other ground (pitch wise) is up to it.....

woodo;272284 said:
On the curator issue, dont think clubs can afford to pay someone to do it. If there is already someone playing or involved at the club who has the qualifications then great, but otherwise.....In spotty's case they're probably spending all their cash trying to make sure their performances on the field improve.

Correct me if im wrong but when you take out Spotty, Yarraville Club and Altona North, suddenly there's not a lot of grounds in the North that tick all the boxes for a Senior Div GF I dont think. Maybe the execs need to look below Senior Div for grounds if two North sides make it again this year. Dunno about the wicket, but St Bernards for example is a nice ground.

OEG would be worth considering or Yarraville if they arent there....
No other ground (pitch wise) is up to it.....

DizzyGillepsie;272558 said:
dig up the square and pour concrete
cover concrete with synthetic turf
rename comp to VMCA

That would suit me Dizzy, on my return i could kill someone on synthetic.

YMMM

DizzyGillepsie;272558 said:
dig up the square and pour concrete
cover concrete with synthetic turf
rename comp to VMCA

That would suit me Dizzy, on my return i could kill someone on synthetic.

YMMM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back