VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

Wasi Akrim;272557 said:
OEG would be worth considering or Yarraville if they arent there....
No other ground (pitch wise) is up to it.....

Yeah maybe OEG....bit barren last time I was there, but then which ground isn't....

Wasi Akrim;272557 said:
OEG would be worth considering or Yarraville if they arent there....
No other ground (pitch wise) is up to it.....

Yeah maybe OEG....bit barren last time I was there, but then which ground isn't....

fooey5for10;272545 said:
you dont rate us at youlden parkville, vawd...

Can usually be only one winner mate, not here to be egalitarian or fence sit.

Has been a while, but YP always seem like decent blokes but got comfortably beaten last week, just can't see a grand finalist from last year copping another beating after the touch up they got last week.

Best of luck though.

McKinley didn't play last week. Moved on after one year or is just missed this game?

fooey5for10;272545 said:

Has been a while, but YP always seem like decent blokes but got comfortably beaten last week, just can't see a grand finalist from last year copping another beating after the touch up they got last week.

Best of luck though.

McKinley didn't play last week. Moved on after one year or is just missed this game?

Vicious and Well Directed;272586 said:

Best of luck though.

ok fair enough... we dont get many draws in this competition do we!!

youre right about our lads there - always play the game hard & fair then ready for a beer afterwards & fraternise with the opposition. opposition teams always enjoy playing us.

it will be tough for us the next 2 saturdays, granted...

Vicious and Well Directed;272586 said:

Best of luck though.

youre right about our lads there - always play the game hard & fair then ready for a beer afterwards & fraternise with the opposition. opposition teams always enjoy playing us.

fooey5for10;272590 said:

everyone enjoys having a beer with people they alwaya beat!!!:D

fooey5for10;272590 said:

fooey5for10;272590 said:

"ready for a beer afterwards & fraternise with the opposition" - what a joke.

Showey's the only one who joins you for a beer. The rest either go straight home or sit in a little pocket of that telephone booth clubroom.

I see on website McKinley playing this week.

fooey5for10;272590 said:

"ready for a beer afterwards & fraternise with the opposition" - what a joke.

Showey's the only one who joins you for a beer. The rest either go straight home or sit in a little pocket of that telephone booth clubroom.

I see on website McKinley playing this week.

been there done that;272432 said:
For the last time on this issue.....
When a ground/wicket is controlled by a local council, the club or the VTCA have NO, I repeat, NO say in how the wicket is prepared!!! This talk about bringing in a reputable curator is crap. The council will NOT even allow Len Robbins Snr, who until the end of last year was the a 12 year curator at Melb Uni, onto the wicket!! And if you ask district cricketers what they thought of the Melb Uni wicket, it is up there with the best.

Now, can this talk cease, it is starting to feel like a merry go round:(

Obviously there's alot of thickness between the ears.If you had been following the conversation, you would realise that there a number of clubs quite concerned about the quality of decks being served up for finals matches over the past few seasons.
Many clubs prepare there own decks. Most are excellent. Contrary to what you stated, councils do allow decks to be prepared for finals match's by other curators for which the v.t.c.a. makes an allowance.
The point is, is it OK to expect properly prepared decks for finals matches, or is that a thing of the past?

Please don't come back with a head in the sand type answer.
Len Robbins Snr would get the water into the wicket early in the week, instead of waiting till friday, thus ruining a perfectly good contest.
I must say your number one table looked a picture when I drove past today. Good luck on saturday. Fortunately your not playing on two consecutive days.:)

been there done that;272432 said:
For the last time on this issue.....
When a ground/wicket is controlled by a local council, the club or the VTCA have NO, I repeat, NO say in how the wicket is prepared!!! This talk about bringing in a reputable curator is crap. The council will NOT even allow Len Robbins Snr, who until the end of last year was the a 12 year curator at Melb Uni, onto the wicket!! And if you ask district cricketers what they thought of the Melb Uni wicket, it is up there with the best.

Now, can this talk cease, it is starting to feel like a merry go round:(

Obviously there's alot of thickness between the ears.If you had been following the conversation, you would realise that there a number of clubs quite concerned about the quality of decks being served up for finals matches over the past few seasons.
Many clubs prepare there own decks. Most are excellent. Contrary to what you stated, councils do allow decks to be prepared for finals match's by other curators for which the v.t.c.a. makes an allowance.
The point is, is it OK to expect properly prepared decks for finals matches, or is that a thing of the past?

Len Robbins Snr would get the water into the wicket early in the week, instead of waiting till friday, thus ruining a perfectly good contest.
I must say your number one table looked a picture when I drove past today. Good luck on saturday. Fortunately your not playing on two consecutive days.:)

JUSTCALLME X;272548 said:
whats the story if it does come in (stage 4)???

Any back up plans for the season??? For finals???

Cricket will still continue, stage 4 or not. We'll still be able to water the turf table.

JUSTCALLME X;272548 said:
whats the story if it does come in (stage 4)???

Any back up plans for the season??? For finals???

Cricket will still continue, stage 4 or not. We'll still be able to water the turf table.

woodo;272284 said:
On the curator issue, dont think clubs can afford to pay someone to do it. If there is already someone playing or involved at the club who has the qualifications then great, but otherwise.....In spotty's case they're probably spending all their cash trying to make sure their performances on the field improve.

Correct me if im wrong but when you take out Spotty, Yarraville Club and Altona North, suddenly there's not a lot of grounds in the North that tick all the boxes for a Senior Div GF I dont think. Maybe the execs need to look below Senior Div for grounds if two North sides make it again this year. Dunno about the wicket, but St Bernards for example is a nice ground.

You make a good point Woodo. Perhaps it is time the exec considered other venues below seniors for G/Final matches.
There are many clubs in the v.t.c.a. that prepare there own decks. The going rate for a curator who will do a conscientious job is from 2000 to 3000 dollars per turf table per season including semi/final. For 3000 dollars you will get a first class curator for the season. Then of course there is the roller and cylinder mower to be considered.
Clubs that have gone down that path have never looked back and are masters of there own destiny. Some councils have quite happily handed over the roller and mower without charge in order to alleviate themselves of the expense. Also by getting the turf players to help the curator gives the players an appreciation of what is required for good quality cricket. Maybe some of them would value there wicket more in a game.

woodo;272284 said:
On the curator issue, dont think clubs can afford to pay someone to do it. If there is already someone playing or involved at the club who has the qualifications then great, but otherwise.....In spotty's case they're probably spending all their cash trying to make sure their performances on the field improve.

Correct me if im wrong but when you take out Spotty, Yarraville Club and Altona North, suddenly there's not a lot of grounds in the North that tick all the boxes for a Senior Div GF I dont think. Maybe the execs need to look below Senior Div for grounds if two North sides make it again this year. Dunno about the wicket, but St Bernards for example is a nice ground.

You make a good point Woodo. Perhaps it is time the exec considered other venues below seniors for G/Final matches.
There are many clubs in the v.t.c.a. that prepare there own decks. The going rate for a curator who will do a conscientious job is from 2000 to 3000 dollars per turf table per season including semi/final. For 3000 dollars you will get a first class curator for the season. Then of course there is the roller and cylinder mower to be considered.
Clubs that have gone down that path have never looked back and are masters of there own destiny. Some councils have quite happily handed over the roller and mower without charge in order to alleviate themselves of the expense. Also by getting the turf players to help the curator gives the players an appreciation of what is required for good quality cricket. Maybe some of them would value there wicket more in a game.

fooey5for10;272545 said:

Rate..AAAbsolute POO.....Done nothing in senior div except hand out outrights ...farken blonks....the only entertainment when playing at youlden is listenening to Showys mum appeal for LBW'S from her home at the zoo along with her zonkerthon of a son....zoooooeeeee.

fooey5for10;272545 said:

Rate..AAAbsolute POO.....Done nothing in senior div except hand out outrights ...farken blonks....the only entertainment when playing at youlden is listenening to Showys mum appeal for LBW'S from her home at the zoo along with her zonkerthon of a son....zoooooeeeee.

onlyonepaidpro@clubbers;272631 said:

That's the main reason for playing VTCA - the beer after the game ... been known to lock up opposition clubrooms once the beer has run out and opposition team long gone. Maybe why now playing in North A and not Senior Div.

onlyonepaidpro@clubbers;272631 said:

That's the main reason for playing VTCA - the beer after the game ... been known to lock up opposition clubrooms once the beer has run out and opposition team long gone. Maybe why now playing in North A and not Senior Div.

Dingo_Jones;272860 said:

Wouldn't be so sure of that. My understanding is that any watering has to come from an 'alternative source'. Therefore, you'd better install a bloody big water tank ASAP if you want to keep playing.

Dingo_Jones;272860 said:

Wouldn't be so sure of that. My understanding is that any watering has to come from an 'alternative source'. Therefore, you'd better install a bloody big water tank ASAP if you want to keep playing.

NoBall;273132 said:
What would happen to all the paid players ?

NoBall;273132 said:
What would happen to all the paid players ?

Does anyone have any info on why the Craigieburn Vs Moonee Valley North B1game was given as a tied result even though they only played half the game (MV batted 40 overs but Craigieburn didnt)?
Very strange occurance?

Does anyone have any info on why the Craigieburn Vs Moonee Valley North B1game was given as a tied result even though they only played half the game (MV batted 40 overs but Craigieburn didnt)?
Very strange occurance?

Snagglepuss;273139 said:
Very strange occurance?

Why didn't Craigieburn start the run chase? Localised showers over there was it?

Snagglepuss;273139 said:
Very strange occurance?

Why didn't Craigieburn start the run chase? Localised showers over there was it?

Snagglepuss;273139 said:
Very strange occurance?

maybe it was extreme heat. (under the collar type):rolleyes:

Snagglepuss;273139 said:
Very strange occurance?

maybe it was extreme heat. (under the collar type):rolleyes:

NoBall;273132 said:

didn't the same thing happen to the Geelong league a few years ago and they made all games 1 dayers and brought finals forward til just after Christmas! Paid players would get paid wouldn't they if they were clever enough to sign contracts....read the small print!!!!!!!

NoBall;273132 said:

didn't the same thing happen to the Geelong league a few years ago and they made all games 1 dayers and brought finals forward til just after Christmas! Paid players would get paid wouldn't they if they were clever enough to sign contracts....read the small print!!!!!!!

i m just wondering why shit sides can never post a proper score sheet on results vaults ( or now on my cricket) doutta, yarraville club and keilor always seem to have proper scores up bu about 7 on sat night, but 7 on sunday night, teams such as rpb, altona, abers strath can't manage to get them up. might just be that these clubs are a lot more professional than the rest of the comp, as to why they are the most succesful

i m just wondering why shit sides can never post a proper score sheet on results vaults ( or now on my cricket) doutta, yarraville club and keilor always seem to have proper scores up bu about 7 on sat night, but 7 on sunday night, teams such as rpb, altona, abers strath can't manage to get them up. might just be that these clubs are a lot more professional than the rest of the comp, as to why they are the most succesful

Dingo_Jones;272858 said:

Thick between the ears?? WTF?? As I have been a comittee member for many years at our club, I can tell you that FACT no one is allowed to prepare our turf match wickets apart from the Hobsons Bay curator. Of course the vtca would allow anyone to help- prepare the wickets for any game, providing they know what they are doing. But the vtca do not control the ground, the council do. This is not a head in the sand type answer, this is FACT. I swear this is the last time This will be stated. I am sure everyone is sick of this discussion:confused:Now find something else to talk about or find a friend in another chat room:cool:

Dingo_Jones;272858 said:

Thick between the ears?? WTF?? As I have been a comittee member for many years at our club, I can tell you that FACT no one is allowed to prepare our turf match wickets apart from the Hobsons Bay curator. Of course the vtca would allow anyone to help- prepare the wickets for any game, providing they know what they are doing. But the vtca do not control the ground, the council do. This is not a head in the sand type answer, this is FACT. I swear this is the last time This will be stated. I am sure everyone is sick of this discussion:confused:Now find something else to talk about or find a friend in another chat room:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back