VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

InGoodTouch;272264 said:
Bentleigh produced a very comfortable victory first up! Even managed to catch up with a fellow past test cricketer who was watching the game from the opposition camp. Too good for senior a we are!!

did you manage to grab an autograph for me?

been there done that;272267 said:
Agreed!!

Speakin of Muzz, I see he opened the batting in the 2nds:eek:

heard mario came out to bat with one of his home made solami's he made during the winter instead of the traditional cricket bat.

DizzyGillepsie;272269 said:
did you manage to grab an autograph for me?

Sorry DizzyGillespie, you'll have to ask him yourself. Personally I liken myself to Ringo Starr, I offer peace and love, no autographs.

On the curator issue, dont think clubs can afford to pay someone to do it. If there is already someone playing or involved at the club who has the qualifications then great, but otherwise.....In spotty's case they're probably spending all their cash trying to make sure their performances on the field improve.

Correct me if im wrong but when you take out Spotty, Yarraville Club and Altona North, suddenly there's not a lot of grounds in the North that tick all the boxes for a Senior Div GF I dont think. Maybe the execs need to look below Senior Div for grounds if two North sides make it again this year. Dunno about the wicket, but St Bernards for example is a nice ground.

Heywood Jablowme;272206 said:
I hear that the Board of Control for Cricket in India is chasing the Spotswood curator. It is rumoured that they need a finals quality wicket like that prepared for the grand final of season 07/08, believing a wicket prepared by the Spotswood curator would provide their best chance to defeat the Australians and throw them off their game for the rest of the series in order to win the series. The curator is reported to have replied to the BCCI that there are too many good blokes at Spotswood (as suggested by 'been there done that' 15 Oct. 2008) and that he would not prepare any wicket in India no matter how much cash they offered him.

How was the wicket at AWSC on SAT 11th? U big KNOB rubber!

InGoodTouch;272264 said:
Bentleigh produced a very comfortable victory first up! Even managed to catch up with a fellow past test cricketer who was watching the game from the opposition camp. Too good for senior a we are!!

2 past test cricketers in the one place? Maybe u had a couple of test cricket cards in your pocket. All smoke and mirrors.

DizzyGillepsie;272260 said:
yeah well actually... A.Steward, 57 classic runs in senior central seconds

aw, youre too kind, diz... were you playing behind us??

it was great to catch up with a few of your 3s as well. isnt wheels, peely, panther, quinny, or johnsy EVER going to retire?? ;)

InGoodTouch;272264 said:

do you play at the football club as well, brother??

fooey5for10;272257 said:
can we get back to sanity & talk about the round just past?? thats what some of us here WANT to do.

any performances worth noting??

I'd have to say RPB's Clint Hillas 87 N.O. had a good day out. Bloody seeing 'em like a beach ball!

But best performance would have to be the smashing of DOUTTA.:D

Heywood Jablowme;272243 said:
Why should I be cricticised because your wicket was disgraceful. It was you who was spruiking about your club. Not me.

As to your comment that the wicket is prepared by the council and not the club, and therefore your club is not to blame for the wicket is a nonsense. You allow the council to prepare your wicket. Why not have a private curator? Why, if you know the council curator does not care to put in the time and effort required have them do the work properly? Further, was the grand final thrust upon you by the Association or did Spotswood seek to host the grand final? It seems that you are prepared to accept mediocrity from the council by resigning yourself to the fact that the council is preparing your wicket.

If you want a poor wicket, water it the night before the game and try and soak it so you can stay at home and not have to tend to the wicket. Did Spotswood highlight any concern to the council that the wicket was below what is expected? What has Spotswood done to ensure that the type of track that was produced is not produced again?

It is easy to tee off at me with personal attacks, mistaken and misguided as you are. All your abuse does is highlight to the world that you and your club have done nothing, and it seems from your arrant nonsense that you are powerless to do anything about improving your standards. Nikolai Gogol wrote, "It is no use to blame the looking glass if your face is awry". All you say is 'blame the council'. I blame you and your club, and everyone who enjoys the game has a right to ask questions about what is being done to fix the problem.

Could'nt have put it better myself. It's about time more clubs took pride in the way there wkts are prepaired. The association pays around 400 dollars to the club that hosts the granny. What did spotty do with it? Did they pass it on?
Whats wrong with the host club hiring a curator of repute to prepare the G/F track? Spotswood can't run away from the fact that there wicket was a disgrace for the G/F in the opinion of some. Did they take the money and run? This conversation would not be taking place if clubs cared more about the reputation of the association rather than the tinkling of the till.
Instead of putting a bounty on the head of the council employed curator, let host clubs take responsibility for track preparation.

Spotswood have good teas though! never had a problem with the ground when we played there....hard and green...seams around a bit early.
is Matthews from Youlden playing this or Marcey from Keilor....could effect their chances at either end of table if not.

Cash Man;272246 said:
Fair to say Spotty won't be preparing another senior division grand final wicket anytime soon.The low scoring grand finals in all grades over recent years are a concern. It seems neutral grounds just makes for a neutral curator who couldn't care less. Possible solution - home grand finals.

Dead right old son. Don't have a problem with home G/F. The track would have to be prepared by a neatral club employed curator of repute and not by a competing clubs curator. Otherwise the second week-ends track prepartion could be compromised depending on the state of the game. The neutral clubs curator would need to understand to keep it fair or he could end up two stone lighter.:D

spotiswoode 1888;272293 said:
How was the wicket at AWSC on SAT 11th? U big KNOB rubber!

O, my God. How sensitive thou art. The wicket at AWSC on sat 11th was a G/F wicket, was it? Get a hold of yourself man, life's too short. Sound like at birth the baby was thrown out and the afterbirth kept.:rolleyes:

woodo;272284 said:
On the curator issue, dont think clubs can afford to pay someone to do it. If there is already someone playing or involved at the club who has the qualifications then great, but otherwise.....In spotty's case they're probably spending all their cash trying to make sure their performances on the field improve.

Correct me if im wrong but when you take out Spotty, Yarraville Club and Altona North, suddenly there's not a lot of grounds in the North that tick all the boxes for a Senior Div GF I dont think. Maybe the execs need to look below Senior Div for grounds if two North sides make it again this year. Dunno about the wicket, but St Bernards for example is a nice ground.

Sometimes the v.t.c.a. exec may appear a little blinkered when allocating grounds for G/F's. They can only provide a particular ground if the club offers it with council approval. Spotswood and ANCC are to be commended for consistently offering there's each season. Unfortunately alot of clubs don't make it none too easy for the exec by not offering to host. Apparently Avondale Heights offered there's last season for the Nth "A" granny and from all reports the two competing clubs were very happy with the conditions for play. Talking to my mate in spencer.st, they made a lot of coin out of it because it went for the 4 days. Once again a well prepared track is not only good for the players, it's also good for the host club and the reputation of the association.
As for st. bernards, good ground for making runs, but again too much water the day before. As for the status of the curator, I can't tell you.

Dingo_Jones;272337 said:
O, my God. How sensitive thou art. The wicket at AWSC on sat 11th was a G/F wicket, was it? Get a hold of yourself man, life's too short. Sound like at birth the baby was thrown out and the afterbirth kept.:rolleyes:

Dingo, Not interested in your mothers birth experience. Sounds like you know a lot about grass. Probably a little too much. Get off the BONGS.

You wanna see a good curator, come down to spotti pub on Friday and check out the pitches i've prepared. Not too wet, some grass and a couple of cracks.

But, i guess you might not have time to sneak a peak, since you'll be enjoying the action at the PEEL Hotel.;)

Dingo_Jones;272346 said:
Sometimes the v.t.c.a. exec may appear a little blinkered when allocating grounds for G/F's. They can only provide a particular ground if the club offers it with council approval. Spotswood and ANCC are to be commended for consistently offering there's each season. Unfortunately alot of clubs don't make it none too easy for the exec by not offering to host. Apparently Avondale Heights offered there's last season for the Nth "A" granny and from all reports the two competing clubs were very happy with the conditions for play. Talking to my mate in spencer.st, they made a lot of coin out of it because it went for the 4 days. Once again a well prepared track is not only good for the players, it's also good for the host club and the reputation of the association.
As for st. bernards, good ground for making runs, but again too much water the day before. As for the status of the curator, I can't tell you.

Thats a good point and demonstrates why you would think spotty would also have been pissed off about the granny wicket - they lost a day's bar sales. With doutta playing that could have been very costly.

Dingo_Jones;272346 said:

Thats a good point and demonstrates why you would think spotty would also have been pissed off about the granny wicket - they lost a day's bar sales. With doutta playing that could have been very costly.

fooey5for10;272298 said:

it was great to catch up with a few of your 3s as well. isnt wheels, peely, panther, quinny, or johnsy EVER going to retire?? ;)

nah, i was playing on the shittest grand final deck in the comp :D

fooey5for10;272298 said:

nah, i was playing on the shittest grand final deck in the comp :D

spotiswoode 1888;272370 said:
You wanna see a good curator, come down to spotti pub on Friday and check out the pitches i've prepared. Not too wet, some grass and a couple of cracks.

what about the craters just short of a good length? i'm sure they could trouble even the better batsmen in the comp

spotiswoode 1888;272370 said:

what about the craters just short of a good length? i'm sure they could trouble even the better batsmen in the comp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back