VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

ANCC;310214 said:
im hoping that we will win with greats like lee elmore and greg doyle opening with the bat one of them in the top 5 batsmen in the comp so hopefully we can get are first win in a year would be great.

yours truly
the greg doyle fan club ( formerly known as the mario auciello fan club)

Forget being in the Greg Doyle fan club.Get back on the salami eating bandwagon and support the Mario Auciello fanclub. 8-49 .What an effort from a guy 74 years old.

ANCC;310214 said:
im hoping that we will win with greats like lee elmore and greg doyle opening with the bat one of them in the top 5 batsmen in the comp so hopefully we can get are first win in a year would be great.

yours truly
the greg doyle fan club ( formerly known as the mario auciello fan club)

Forget being in the Greg Doyle fan club.Get back on the salami eating bandwagon and support the Mario Auciello fanclub. 8-49 .What an effort from a guy 74 years old.

worldowesdouttasomething;312311 said:
That's a very interesting 'interpretation' of events. I guess you also believe in Santa, the Easter Bunny and the 'little people....

it is isn't it - if you've ever seen someone get given not out, then go up to face the next ball, then get given out 2 minutes later i'm o monkeys uncle. Players from BOTH sides said it was a disgrace. Would be very interesting to see what would happen if it occured in a final.

That's a very interesting 'interpretation' of events. I guess you also believe in Santa, the Easter Bunny and the 'little people....

it is isn't it - if you've ever seen someone get given not out, then go up to face the next ball, then get given out 2 minutes later i'm o monkeys uncle. Players from BOTH sides said it was a disgrace. Would be very interesting to see what would happen if it occured in a final.

THEWEAPON;312563 said:

Then why did the Keilor captain complain to the central umpire then, as stated in your first post?

THEWEAPON;312563 said:

Then why did the Keilor captain complain to the central umpire then, as stated in your first post?

A few things we learnt this week:

Yarraville are the real deal, O'Keefe is a gun and Baker is struggling under the strain of captaincy. Airport West are in a bit of trouble - they have 3 winnable games coming up but will need to win all 3. No doubt they wouldn't mind a bit more of a contribution from Jan, Jones, Magafas and Macumber.

For the first time in a long while, two South teams are in the top four. McKinnon, with only one loss have been a suprise, whilst Sth Caulfield continue to win. They have their biggest game of the year this week, and will need to make 250+ vs Sth Caulfield. As in, Mullaney or Ash Russell to make a hundred.

Royal Park are missing C Hillas big time. Anyone know why he is missing or when he is back? A massive win for Keilor yesterday which keeps their finals hopes alive.

Yarraville are the real deal, O'Keefe is a gun and Baker is struggling under the strain of captaincy. Airport West are in a bit of trouble - they have 3 winnable games coming up but will need to win all 3. No doubt they wouldn't mind a bit more of a contribution from Jan, Jones, Magafas and Macumber.

For the first time in a long while, two South teams are in the top four. McKinnon, with only one loss have been a suprise, whilst Sth Caulfield continue to win. They have their biggest game of the year this week, and will need to make 250+ vs Sth Caulfield. As in, Mullaney or Ash Russell to make a hundred.

Royal Park are missing C Hillas big time. Anyone know why he is missing or when he is back? A massive win for Keilor yesterday which keeps their finals hopes alive.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;312651 said:

bit harsh on macumber and magafas their mate, both have scored over 250 runs for the season. jones and jan havent been at their best but still scored over 150. wickets wise, jan and jones have taken 14 and 15 each. they havent been dominant, but still contributing.

bit harsh on macumber and magafas their mate, both have scored over 250 runs for the season. jones and jan havent been at their best but still scored over 150. wickets wise, jan and jones have taken 14 and 15 each. they havent been dominant, but still contributing.

Red Ink No.8;312643 said:
.....and I was 100% correct VaWD

Well done champ, give yourself a gold star and a pat on the back. In case it isn't obvious by now, I am a shocking judge of cricket.

Looks like it was a belter of a game out at Hansen. Good to see some Suoth sides doing well in Senior. Can't see a South team joining from Senior A though, still think it is a race in 3.

Red Ink No.8;312643 said:
.....and I was 100% correct VaWD

Well done champ, give yourself a gold star and a pat on the back. In case it isn't obvious by now, I am a shocking judge of cricket.

Looks like it was a belter of a game out at Hansen. Good to see some Suoth sides doing well in Senior. Can't see a South team joining from Senior A though, still think it is a race in 3.

the royal park batsmen was completly on top and keilor were struggling,

he cut one behind point and came back for two, as he approached the crease the keeper knocked one bail off without the ball and then took the ball and dislodged the other bail after.

the umpire at square leg admitted being unsighted but could see a bail on the ground and assumed both bails were off and immediately gave the batsmen not out.

then, jodi hutchinson carried on saying there was one bail still on and that the player can still be run out.

the square leg confirmed with the central umpire that the bail was still on and gave the batsmen out over a minute after giving him not out..

the question has to be asked how can he give that player out when he admitted he couldnt see the stumps being broken,how could he tell the batsmen was out of his ground at the time the second bail came off if he admitted he couldnt see the stumps at all????

if any doubt the decision has to favor the batsmen and in this case their was plenty of doubt.

it was poorly handled and the umpires were blatantly talked into giving him out because it was an ex district player ranting and raving at them.

An absolute disgrace!

the royal park batsmen was completly on top and keilor were struggling,

he cut one behind point and came back for two, as he approached the crease the keeper knocked one bail off without the ball and then took the ball and dislodged the other bail after.

the umpire at square leg admitted being unsighted but could see a bail on the ground and assumed both bails were off and immediately gave the batsmen not out.

then, jodi hutchinson carried on saying there was one bail still on and that the player can still be run out.

the square leg confirmed with the central umpire that the bail was still on and gave the batsmen out over a minute after giving him not out..

the question has to be asked how can he give that player out when he admitted he couldnt see the stumps being broken,how could he tell the batsmen was out of his ground at the time the second bail came off if he admitted he couldnt see the stumps at all????

if any doubt the decision has to favor the batsmen and in this case their was plenty of doubt.

it was poorly handled and the umpires were blatantly talked into giving him out because it was an ex district player ranting and raving at them.

An absolute disgrace!

THEWEAPON;312563 said:

was the next ball bowled was it?
isn't that the job of two umpires, to confer when confused about a particualr decison, you see it all the time in international cricket...
what was the decision for?
a catch??

THEWEAPON;312563 said:

isn't that the job of two umpires, to confer when confused about a particualr decison, you see it all the time in international cricket...
a catch??

cherried_lid;313089 said:
a catch??

The next ball was not bowled - but the bowler was at his mark and the batsmen was facing up. The square leg umpire, if in doubt should have spoken to the central umpire immediately (as they do if they question a catch carrying etc). This was not done - Instead, he gave it not out and play was to continue. It wasnt until the captain spoke to the central umpire, that the umpires conferred. Then, square leg CHANGED his decision. Therefore, he had no doubt it was not out - but was forced to change his decision when the captain complained. If the umpires confer straight away to discuss whatever doubt there is, fair enough, but i dont see how the central umpire can have input to make square leg change his mind.

cherried_lid;313089 said:
a catch??

The next ball was not bowled - but the bowler was at his mark and the batsmen was facing up. The square leg umpire, if in doubt should have spoken to the central umpire immediately (as they do if they question a catch carrying etc). This was not done - Instead, he gave it not out and play was to continue. It wasnt until the captain spoke to the central umpire, that the umpires conferred. Then, square leg CHANGED his decision. Therefore, he had no doubt it was not out - but was forced to change his decision when the captain complained. If the umpires confer straight away to discuss whatever doubt there is, fair enough, but i dont see how the central umpire can have input to make square leg change his mind.

THEWEAPON;313258 said:

ahk, sounds interesting...
u say forced, to change his decision. by whom??
central can't see the crease, and a captain of any team would ask why he wasn't given out if a bail was still on and he was out of his ground...
but i do see ur point...

THEWEAPON;313258 said:

central can't see the crease, and a captain of any team would ask why he wasn't given out if a bail was still on and he was out of his ground...
but i do see ur point...

cherried_lid;313268 said:
but i do see ur point...

He gave it not out - central obviously said a bail was still on, after their captain approached him and told him. Therefore, square leg changed his decision due to the influence of the captain and central umpire. IF he had doubt from the start, he should have asked - but he didnt....... so he was forced into changing his decision.

cherried_lid;313268 said:
but i do see ur point...

He gave it not out - central obviously said a bail was still on, after their captain approached him and told him. Therefore, square leg changed his decision due to the influence of the captain and central umpire. IF he had doubt from the start, he should have asked - but he didnt....... so he was forced into changing his decision.

Royal Park are missing C Hillas big time. Anyone know why he is missing or when he is back? A massive win for Keilor yesterday which keeps their finals hopes alive.[/QUOT

Saw C Hillas at the Keilor game - he was limping around. Don't know whats wrong, but see he has missed a few games this year. Also noticed Maurice didnt play on sat too, and another player with a broken arm was watching - not sure who it was. Anyhow, made it a little easier for bopper to smash em around.

Royal Park are missing C Hillas big time. Anyone know why he is missing or when he is back? A massive win for Keilor yesterday which keeps their finals hopes alive.[/QUOT

Saw C Hillas at the Keilor game - he was limping around. Don't know whats wrong, but see he has missed a few games this year. Also noticed Maurice didnt play on sat too, and another player with a broken arm was watching - not sure who it was. Anyhow, made it a little easier for bopper to smash em around.

Looking like the RPB of old on Saturday, would want to hope they get both C Hillas and Maurice back or else I would definetly cross them off the list as not being able to win a Senior final.

With the 11 they had against Keilor on Saturday, if Contessa were to get a 50/50 decision I couldn't see the others being good enough to get them over the line.

With 3 rounds to go the key games are :

Round 9: Sth Caulfield v Yarraville
Round 10: McKinnon v Sth Caulfield
Round 11: Airport West v Keilor
Round 11: RPB v McKinnon

My predicted Top Four
Yarraville (win all 3 remaining)
RPB (providing they get a few back, should win all 3)
Sth Caulfield (lose to Yarraville this week, beat McKinnon then a big win v
Youlden in the last round)
Airport West (Win all 3 remaining)

Looking like the RPB of old on Saturday, would want to hope they get both C Hillas and Maurice back or else I would definetly cross them off the list as not being able to win a Senior final.

With the 11 they had against Keilor on Saturday, if Contessa were to get a 50/50 decision I couldn't see the others being good enough to get them over the line.

My predicted Top Four

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;313313 said:

My predicted Top Four

Sounds fair... although McKinnon V Sth Caulfield could go either way....

My predicted Top Four

Sounds fair... although McKinnon V Sth Caulfield could go either way....

THEWEAPON;313273 said:

sort of like getting a catch wrong and calling the batsmen back, except this worked in the opposite direction.
there is precedence for it happening but, not necessarily in that order..., umpires changing there mind that is...

THEWEAPON;313273 said:

sort of like getting a catch wrong and calling the batsmen back, except this worked in the opposite direction.
there is precedence for it happening but, not necessarily in that order..., umpires changing there mind that is...

cherried_lid;313347 said:

This is not the precedence we want set tho. Umpires being firmly coerced into changing a decision by a player.
The preference would be for umpires to make the correct decision in the first place so this doesnt occur but we all know that isnt going to captain.

cherried_lid;313347 said:

This is not the precedence we want set tho. Umpires being firmly coerced into changing a decision by a player.
The preference would be for umpires to make the correct decision in the first place so this doesnt occur but we all know that isnt going to captain.

My predicted Top Four

I predict the top 2 to remain the same - Yarraville PRB. They both have 2 easy games, 1 tough one.

The next 2 spots are too hard to call - however i hope the Keilor boys get in there and give it a crack. Scotty Porter and O'Keefe could then shape the finals.

My predicted Top Four

I predict the top 2 to remain the same - Yarraville PRB. They both have 2 easy games, 1 tough one.

The next 2 spots are too hard to call - however i hope the Keilor boys get in there and give it a crack. Scotty Porter and O'Keefe could then shape the finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back