• Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Tie, no result)

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

i_am_sam

WA v NSW Pura Cup 14/10 - 17/10

Should be a cracker, hopefully they've fixed the bloody WACA wicket and we can get some pace and bounce..and a result!

Here are the teams:

Retravision Warriors: Bandy, DC Dorey, BR Edmondson, BM Heal, AK Kelly, TP Langer, JL Magoffin, SJ Marsh, SE Pomersbach, L Rogers, CJL Ronchi, L Voges, AC

SpeedBlitz Blues: Bollinger, DE Cameron, MA Casson, B Cowan, EJM Forrest, PJ Hauritz, NM Jaques, PA Katich, SM Lambert, GM Nicholson, MJ Smith, D Thornely, DJ

Starts 10:30am WA time (12:30pm eastern)

Go WA!!

Re: WA v NSW Pura Cup 14/10 - 17/10

Jaques out! 1/16 (caught Langer bowled Dorey). Magoffin been really unlucky, has been way better than Dorey yet Dorey gets the wicket, oh well!

Cowan out!! :) @| Magoffin gets his deserved wicket, caught behind by Ronchi

2/16

Go WA!!

@| @|

Forrest out!! NSW in deep now! :) They need katich and thornely to put together a massive p'ship or they're gonna get rolled for under 200.

Forrest c Ronchi b Magoffin 4 (3/27)

Magoffin now 7.3-5-7-2

Go WA! @|

THORNELY OUT!!!!!!!!!! wOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Bowled by Edmondson for 4

Blues are now 4/28!!

I can't believe it! :eek:

:D Carn WA :D

Lambert out!

bowled by Dorey for 5

NSW now 5/51

Katich carrying the team, has 21 and seems to be batting well. But I'll be happy if he is 75 not out at the end at NSW is rolled for 150!! He's also in my dream team so it's all good!

@| :D @|

Welcome to the site, mate. @|

NSW 5/52 and in big trouble as they head to lunch. NSW have scored one run in the last five overs.

Procession continues after lunch. Dan Smith is caught behind off Ben Edmondson.

6/58 from 33 overs. Very slow going from NSW but that is to be expected with six wickets having fallen for not many runs. Beau Casson is the new batsman against his old team.

I can't see there being any major demons in the pitch. This is the WACA after all. There's been no rain for the past few days and it was quite warm yesterday as we are heading into summer here. The collapse is most likely due to poor batting by NSW and great bowling from WA.

Anyhow, go WA!! @|

Horrible slog across the line from Katich sees his wicket fall to David Bandy.

Since then, NSW have scored three runs from 29 balls.

7/92 from 43 overs. Casson and Nicholson are the not out batsman.

EDIT: And Bandy now goes off injured, Luke Pomersbach bowls the final ball of Bandy's fifth over.

thanks Ljp86 for keeping going. I've been out all arvo but been listening on the radio. Far out, WA choked it didn't they?? :( |@ 7/89 and then 9/238 at stumps. But credit to katich, casson and nicholson for their innings. The good thing i spose is that the conditions aren't that bad for batting after all, so should be good for the west aussies tomorrow!! @|

i_am_sam;184700 said:
thanks Ljp86 for keeping going. I've been out all arvo but been listening on the radio. Far out, WA choked it didn't they?? :( |@ 7/89 and then 9/238 at stumps. But credit to katich, casson and nicholson for their innings. The good thing i spose is that the conditions aren't that bad for batting after all, so should be good for the west aussies tomorrow!! @|

i_am_sam are you interested in playing for the Kandy Lions in the Big Cricket Fantasy Cup?

i've got a day off today, so i'm off to the game :D :p .

For those who are interested, 90.5 fm in WA broadcasts ball-by-ball coverage. Here's their site http://905.com.au/ . To get it up on your computer you either click the listen live thing or copy http://www.905.com.au/live/sportfm.asx, into the Open URL thing on Windows Media Player. This should get the streaming coverage to start up. ;)

Go WA! @|

Disgraceful effort by WA. No application whatsoever.

David Bandy falls to Bollinger for 16.

WA 9/95 and still need 23 runs to avod the follow-on. Magoffin is on 27, WA's highest scorer from number 10 in the order.

Atrocious effort WA. |@

NSW 1/145 at stumps, a lead of 313 runs.

Jaques is 71 not out with Ed Cowan the only man out and that was for 51. Magoffin is the wicket-taker.

Ben Edmondson is also injured adding to WA's disappointment.

with Edmonson and Bandy injured Western Australia will not have many bowling options. A draw will be all they can hope for now.

well guys, today was f*&$ing disgraceful from the WA boys. :mad: It is so frustrating when the batting line-up looks so good on paper, but melts like butter under pressure on the field. :confused:

None of the top 6 showed any application or concentration - rogers got caught try to smack a pull shot and he hit it straight for crying out loud; and ronchi was trying to defend a ball a foot outside the off stump. Why bother?!? It wasn't going to jump back and hit off stump!!

Full credit to the new south welshman again and especially cameron who took a fifer in his first spell.

WA bowling line-up is now completely destroyed with injuries to bandy and edmondson but that's no excuse for poor batting. Plus Jaques put a very nice case forward to be test opener while Rogers blew his chance completely.

Thoroughly disappointed. |@

he went off in about the 15th over and didn't come back, even when they were desperate for wickets in the final session. I doubt he'll bowl again this match, sorry to say :(

Back