Well this might save Hussey's career!

el-capitano

Well this might save Hussey's career!

AN UNKNOWN batsman with a Test average of just nine could lead the West Indies against Australia in a summer poised to shame the game.

A two-month pay dispute between the West Indies players and their board is likely to spill into the Australian summer after a meeting between the warring parties turned sour overnight.

Twelve senior players, including veterans Chris Gayle and Shivnarine Chanderpaul, have been on strike for two months and there is a strong chance stand-in captain Floyd Reifer will lead a club strength squad in Australia.

The Windies' depth is so thin that Reifer, 37, who had not played a Test for a decade & who has a Test average of 9.25, was recently recalled to lead the side against Bangladesh.

The new-look team were so poor they were beaten 2-0 in the Test series and 3-0 in the one-day series by the perennial whipping boys of world cricket.

The West Indies are set to play a three-Test series against Australia this summer, featuring matches in Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth, plus a five-match one-day series.

It's gone with the Windies | The Daily Telegraph

Re: Well this might save Hussey's career!

That's going to suck if they don't resolve that dispute. I don't want to watch two day test matches after getting all enthralled in the past Ashes series. As far as their stand in captain goes, poor bloke, I feel sorry for him tbh.

Australia would be better off playing against Australia A

well thats just lovely, may as well give our boys the summer of too, surely CA wouldnt allow them to play against that line up, i wonder if CA have a plan B option for a few tests, i know SA arnt doing anything for a while.

distributer of pain;363739 said:
well thats just lovely, may as well give our boys the summer of too, surely CA wouldnt allow them to play against that line up, i wonder if CA have a plan B option for a few tests, i know SA arnt doing anything for a while.
Actually they are hosting England this summer

the windies are my second favourite team in world cricket, so this is very disappointing.

they have the potential to be one of the best... its just silly things like this that hold them back.

There is no way Cricket Australia will allow the tour if this contract dispute isn't solved.

It appear an each way 50/50 bet at this time. Im fairly confident the dispute will be solved in time though. The ICC should really be getting involved now, this situation is a disgrace to the game. It really didn't recieve that much coverage before due to the Ashes, but now people are actually starting that this is really potentially damaging to the game.

Im sure CA has a plan B in place, or at least being developed as we speak, if the situation doesn't improve in time.

The only alternative I would see would be to extend the Pakistan tour from 3 test matchs to 5.

Hopefully it won't get to that stage, but CA wouldn't allow a 3rd grade WI side to tour. They'd just tell them to stay at home.

I dont know, I think the selectors would love it, they would pick their favourites XI and let them boost their stats

Hughes, Katich, Ponting, Watson, Clarke, Henriques, Haddin, Lee, Hauritz, Clark, Bollinger

The tour will go ahead regardless. I can't see CA being allowed to tell West Indies to stay at home because they're crap, that's just stupid and comes across as arrogant.

Hopefully the dispute is solved but this tour will go ahead even if it isn't.

Ljp86;363982 said:
The tour will go ahead regardless. I can't see CA being allowed to tell West Indies to stay at home because they're crap, that's just stupid and comes across as arrogant.

Hopefully the dispute is solved but this tour will go ahead even if it isn't.

Dead right. CA has no say about the personal who tour for a team, just like other countries. Our selectors can pick who they want (even a dutch representative), South African selectors can pick based on quotas, English selectors can pick anyone from anywhere... so why can't WI pick a team based on contractual disputes.

eddiesmith;363847 said:
I dont know, I think the selectors would love it, they would pick their favourites XI and let them boost their stats

Hughes, Katich, Ponting, Watson, Clarke, Henriques, Haddin, Lee, Hauritz, Clark, Bollinger

Surely they could find a way to drop the a couple of others (non-NSWers). After all aren't Warner and Jaques knocking down the door for test selection?

Thumbs up;364036 said:
Surely they could find a way to drop the a couple of others (non-NSWers). After all aren't Warner and Jaques knocking down the door for test selection?
Ponting is the only player I named who doesnt play for NSW, but then again he doesnt play for any state and lives in Sydney so he qualifies ;)

Back