West Indies In Australia - 2015/16

smarsh1449732120813.jpg

Hopefully we see 2 double tons tomorrow!

Interesting to see that the west indies refused to take the new ball after it was offered to them by the umpires.

They were trying to reduce the slow over-rate fines by using the spinners to bring it within the "minor" classification.

The Channel 9 blonks showed no sign of realising this, though it's highly probable that only Taylor would know the rule.

Last edited:
Well, that certainly wasn't West Indies' best effort. They had okay patches at times but other than that they were plain ordinary. I really hope they are able to come out tomorrow with a much improved performance.

They were trying to reduce the slow over-rate fines by using the spinners to bring it within the "minor" classification.

The Channel 9 blonks showed no sign of realising this, though it's highly probable that only Taylor would know the rule.

They did pretty well to bowl 39 overs in the last session. Still to only bowl 50 in the first two sessions and only bowl 89 with the extra half hour is pretty ordinary. No doubt Holder will cop a fine for their tardy over rate.

Burns got a pretty good ball, Smith a decent one from the spinner but Warner getting caught down the leg side was a very ordinary way to get out.

I'm not convinced on Burns at this point. Seems to hang his bat out a lot outside off stump and today he was bowled through a massive gap between bat and pad. It was a good ball yes but I think he's still got a fair bit of work in front of him.

Well despite a promising start the worst has happened. Total rubbish from the top order, Burns must be shitting himself with that effort.

With this already known, the fact that they were tardy in the field and not really wanting to show their full potential just yet, the skipper needs to be automatically suspended for the large over rate.
Unfortunately for the windies they have some significant issues off field that might cause this to happen.

Well despite a promising start the worst has happened. Total rubbish from the top order, Burns must be shitting himself with that effort.
A tad harsh on burns. Let him find his feet against all countries instead of making out that he's perfect. He's only played a handful of tests.

With this already known, the fact that they were tardy in the field and not really wanting to show their full potential just yet, the skipper needs to be automatically suspended for the large over rate.
Unfortunately for the windies they have some significant issues off field that might cause this to happen.

For penalty purposes, over-rates are measured over the whole match, not just part of one innings.
They involve fines for players and captain, plus suspension points for the captain, varying with how far the rate failed to meet the required rate.
At this stage, it's probably not far below the required (adjusted) rate of 15 per hour, given all the delays caused by Tasmanian stuff-ups with sightscreens, the regular drinks breaks, and the impromptu drinks/gloves breaks by the batsmen.

For penalty purposes, over-rates are measured over the whole match, not just part of one innings.
They involve fines for players and captain, plus suspension points for the captain, varying with how far the rate failed to meet the required rate.
At this stage, it's probably not far below the required (adjusted) rate of 15 per hour, given all the delays caused by Tasmanian stuff-ups with sightscreens, the regular drinks breaks, and the impromptu drinks/gloves breaks by the batsmen.
As i said the skipper needs to be made more accountable. By doing that he needs to be suspended.

6/207 at stumps. The Windies did well to get to that score thanks to Bravo and Roach who have put on 91 so far. Bravo has batted really well but has really only had Roach for support.

Not sure if Australia will enforce the follow on if they are able to, I guess it depends how close the Windies get. Given that Gabriel won't take any further part in the game it may be a chance of happening. I think if West Indies were seven or eight down right now and probably 50 runs further behind you would think Smith would do that if given the chance.

Back