Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

1short;197475 said:
you're right about me being a congs man, but an ex player who has moved on. the mail is that eastley is playing but opening bat flood is on hollidays. the captain is doing a great job and he should be, the club got him to win games and lead from the front. it must be said though that the 2 opening bowlers are getting 3 or 4 wickets between them every game.
i think that the key to beat centrals is to get on top early when bowling, if they loose early wickets then they only manage 160 and i dont think thats enough to beat congs. brown will spend the rest of the season in the 2's if no bowler gets hurt

1Short, being a Congs man would have got you a little upset if you saw the state of the ground that the congs batsman had to try and set a target with.

The pitch was a mine field and almost un-playable. I heard that the covers had been taken off on Saturday morning by the curator and then placed back over the square at 5 Saturday night.

The one game that you would think they would do thier best to get it right and they do the opposite. It was a shame as it cost the association a great game.

Congs will take plenty of positives out of the day however, and defending such a small target and with the opposition getting the better of the conditions they were not to far away. In my mind, Congs still the team to bet for the flag.

The association however, will have alot to answer for if they are made accountable for what the Curator's produce!

Mirrors;198056 said:
1Short, being a Congs man would have got you a little upset if you saw the state of the ground that the congs batsman had to try and set a target with.

The pitch was a mine field and almost un-playable. I heard that the covers had been taken off on Saturday morning by the curator and then placed back over the square at 5 Saturday night.

The one game that you would think they would do thier best to get it right and they do the opposite. It was a shame as it cost the association a great game.

Congs will take plenty of positives out of the day however, and defending such a small target and with the opposition getting the better of the conditions they were not to far away. In my mind, Congs still the team to bet for the flag.

The association however, will have alot to answer for if they are made accountable for what the Curator's produce!

mirrors i did stop by and have a look at the game yesterday, yes the wicket was wet and a discrace to the curator. if wsucca want to be taken serious they need to do the right things. taking the covers off when its raining is just not on and the curator should be ashamed of himself. i think he is more of a gardener than a curator. the coin toss should not determen the result of a game. having said that melton did bowl and field well, but their batting was woefull. chasing 100 on a wicket that had improved 10 fold and the out field was alot quicker, i would say at least 40 runs better, and just getting over the line was a sign that they are not premiership material. if anyone wants to see how much of a bunch of sooks they are get onto their web site. no mention of the state of the wicket, just a sook about the umpire and how bad he was. congs must of had a different umpire when they were batting. also they are crying because they got sledged a little, grow up you bunch of girls, its ok to dish it out when they are bowling but when the going gets tough when they are batting they dont like it. i've seen the premiers for this year and its the CONGS by a long way. in fact i dont think melton will make the grand final now they have lost a couple of their so called team mates, clayton and bolger. ps good to see congs ex captain toughed it out and got some runs, i hear he has been out of form with the bat but doing a great job with the gloves. he will be the x factor come finals time in my opinion

Mirrors;198056 said:

Which ground did they end up playing on?, l think it was going to be our ground on Angliss though we were told to take of the covers of as the square was very damp?

WDCAcricketer;198061 said:
Which ground did they end up playing on?, l think it was going to be our ground on Angliss though we were told to take of the covers of as the square was very damp?

WDCAcricketer, I believe it is the north ground, pretty much infront of the clubrooms.

WDCAcricketer;198061 said:

it was at angliss, footscray ana's ground.

1short;198145 said:
it was at angliss, footscray ana's ground.[/QUOTE

There was no covers put on this ground as the Willi comp advised that no covers were required for saturdays game. Covers were managed to be put on sat morning around 7.45am, though rain had already to to the table for a hour. By the time curator had a look at it around 1ish it was pretty damp underneath. There was no use in leaving the covers on as it would of stayed soft. Im shocked that the curator even was able to get the roller on it, by the time l left around 5 it was mud. I thought they were going to transfer the game to St Pauls? In hindsight the game should of been called off if the pitch was unplayable. Also Angliss turf table is not stable as its a new square. We have being using makeshift pitches on the sides of the table till the middle square couch grass weaves together.

WDCAcricketer;198202 said:
1short;198145 said:
it was at angliss, footscray ana's ground.[/QUOTE

There was no covers put on this ground as the Willi comp advised that no covers were required for saturdays game. Covers were managed to be put on sat morning around 7.45am, though rain had already to to the table for a hour. By the time curator had a look at it around 1ish it was pretty damp underneath. There was no use in leaving the covers on as it would of stayed soft. Im shocked that the curator even was able to get the roller on it, by the time l left around 5 it was mud. I thought they were going to transfer the game to St Pauls? In hindsight the game should of been called off if the pitch was unplayable. Also Angliss turf table is not stable as its a new square. We have being using makeshift pitches on the sides of the table till the middle square couch grass weaves together.

thanks for that WDCA. if that is the case with angliss then i again have to question the wsucca about how serious they want to be taken. yet again they let the competition look like a mickey mouse comp. why not play the game at pennell res or st pauls??? thats why its so hard to get new players and retain good players in the association. i'm enjoying my cricket else where now, where the admistration care about the comp and its reputation.

Agree there.......the comp admin needs to take a good look at themselves cause it wont be around for much longer if they continue down the same path. The ground was unsuitable for play on Sunday and who ever won the toss was going to also win the game.

WDCA cricketer...I also cant believe that the Willi Comp would ask for no covers on Friday night knowing that there would be showers on Sat. I can understand why the covers were not put back on at lunch under the curators direction as it would have only made the wicket worse. Now knowing this maybe we shouldn't be so hard on the curator but on the decision by the comp that the game could not be transfered to St Paul's.

I dont believe that yesterdays game was any indication on who we will see in the GF as the wicket played too much part in the end result.

Mirrors......I too heard about the blurb that was posted on Meltons web site. I think that speaks volumes and everyone will be able to see why the Melton Boys have no class!!!!!!!|@

Giveitup;198229 said:
Agree there.......the comp admin needs to take a good look at themselves cause it wont be around for much longer if they continue down the same path. The ground was unsuitable for play on Sunday and who ever won the toss was going to also win the game.

WDCA cricketer...I also cant believe that the Willi Comp would ask for no covers on Friday night knowing that there would be showers on Sat. I can understand why the covers were not put back on at lunch under the curators direction as it would have only made the wicket worse. Now knowing this maybe we shouldn't be so hard on the curator but on the decision by the comp that the game could not be transfered to St Paul's.

I dont believe that yesterdays game was any indication on who we will see in the GF as the wicket played too much part in the end result.

Mirrors......I too heard about the blurb that was posted on Meltons web site. I think that speaks volumes and everyone will be able to see why the Melton Boys have no class!!!!!!!|@

Blah blah blah............. Congs lost end of story...... Cream rises to the top@|

OHHH touchy are we...Maybe a Melton boy!!!
Sorry Wait there, I thought this was an open forum. Didn't realize we were boring you. Yes Congs lost, no one is disputing that only the ground that BOTH teams were forced to play on.
Myself not being a member of either clubs was just stating the facts......
The wicket was sh**!!!!!!!!
|@

Sorry Wait there, I thought this was an open forum. Didn't realise we were boring you. Yes Congs lost, no one is disputing that only the ground that BOTH teams were forced to play on.
Wait there maybe you should spend more time reading the posts before you add any of your own. The wicket & comp was the main focus not that Congs had lost. Cant speak for the others but who ever won on Sunday had no impact on myself but just another poor decision by the comp to play on grounds that were not at an acceptable level.|@

Giveitup;198321 said:
Sorry Wait there, I thought this was an open forum. Didn't realise we were boring you. Yes Congs lost, no one is disputing that only the ground that BOTH teams were forced to play on.
Wait there maybe you should spend more time reading the posts before you add any of your own. The wicket & comp was the main focus not that Congs had lost. Cant speak for the others but who ever won on Sunday had no impact on myself but just another poor decision by the comp to play on grounds that were not at an acceptable level.|@

Melton Boy!!!!! I think not.

Giveitup. You say the result doesn't have an impact on you. What team do you play for???
If you don't play for Congs, Melton, St. Johns or Roosters 1st eleven you opinion has no justification. Thanks for pointing out that its an open forum..... I was totally unaware of this.

If Congs are as strong as some of the people on this thread say they are, how did they lose to an under manned MC side. Imagine what would have happened if MC had their full side in.

Congs need to start making some decent totals because making just over 100 in a GF isn't going to get you over the line. I don't care how good their bowling line up is!!!@|

wait there!!!;198324 said:
Melton Boy!!!!! I think not.

Giveitup. You say the result doesn't have an impact on you. What team do you play for???
If you don't play for Congs, Melton, St. Johns or Roosters 1st eleven you opinion has no justification. Thanks for pointing out that its an open forum..... I was totally unaware of this.

If Congs are as strong as some of the people on this thread say they are, how did they lose to an under manned MC side. Imagine what would have happened if MC had their full side in.

Congs need to start making some decent totals because making just over 100 in a GF isn't going to get you over the line. I don't care how good their bowling line up is!!!@|

Hello all, and welcome newby's, good to get some new opinions on the site.

I think what has happened here is that we have just proved that while the churches comp is sometimes perceived to be run by muppets, we are all very passionate about our cricket. Whom ever we play for.

I saw the wicket first hand, and believe me it was terrible in the morning and got better as the day went on. The MC side didnt look like they were missing to many people, however I did hear Clayton had moved on.

Unfortunatly, while ST Pauls would've been great to play on I have serious doubts whether the school would allow it. They are getting tighter and tighter as the years go on and to be truly honest, the pitches there havent been that great. Did you know that the same pitch has been used 3 games straight, and the first game it was used it was braking up???

Overall congrats to MC's for winning, they won the day by winning the toss.

They did what they had to, bowled well, restricted the total and then batted well, or the top order did anyways.

My only hope is that the pitches get better as the summer goes on. I would hate for a GF to be decided because of the pitch and not the teams in it.

Again for those of you who cant read. Sunday's game had no impact on me just someone who merely gets enjoyment out of Melton looking like fools.
Who actually openly complains and rubbishies the umpiring after a win. Who does that....Ill tell you.......people with no brains!!!

You say your not a Melton Boy......you seem to know a lot about a team you dont play for and if you ask me are very deffensive. No need to take it so personally, its just someone's opinion and according to you it has no justification as I dont play for either clubs. So going forward it should't be a problem for you then.
Dont under estimate St Andrew's. They might be the dark horse.....
Wait there you are correct.Congs cant bat the way they have been and win any game. They seem to have been lucky to get out of jail a few times this season with great efforts with the ball. Not going to help when you cant manage a score above 100 especially when you say Melton did not fill a full strengh side. Melton are in front for the flagg and I think St Johns with a close second.@|

Mirrors/Wait there.........Didn't hear that Melton lost players. Is that permanant?

Giveitup;198399 said:
Again for those of you who cant read. Sunday's game had no impact on me just someone who merely gets enjoyment out of Melton looking like fools.
Who actually openly complains and rubbishies the umpiring after a win. Who does that....Ill tell you.......people with no brains!!!

You say your not a Melton Boy......you seem to know a lot about a team you dont play for and if you ask me are very deffensive. No need to take it so personally, its just someone's opinion and according to you it has no justification as I dont play for either clubs. So going forward it should't be a problem for you then.
Dont under estimate St Andrew's. They might be the dark horse.....Wait there you are correct.Congs cant bat the way they have been and win any game. They seem to have been lucky to get out of jail a few times this season with great efforts with the ball. Not going to help when you cant manage a score above 100 especially when you say Melton did not fill a full strengh side. Melton are in front for the flagg and I think St Johns with a close second.@|

Mirrors/Wait there.........Didn't hear that Melton lost players. Is that permanant?

What makes you say that mate

I think there bowling line up can match it with anyone's, Draper needs to put a few games together and take a couple of bags of 5 or more to build the teams confidence. By memory Congs nearly lost to them in the first round and they did beat Altona Roosters 1.
With only 6 sides and the top 4 to qualify for finals I think St Andrews will comfortably make it and anything can happen come finals.

From what I have heard they aren't a bad side only need to string a couple of wins together.....

Giveitup;198497 said:
I think there bowling line up can match it with anyone's, Draper needs to put a few games together and take a couple of bags of 5 or more to build the teams confidence. By memory Congs nearly lost to them in the first round and they did beat Altona Roosters 1.
With only 6 sides and the top 4 to qualify for finals I think St Andrews will comfortably make it and anything can happen come finals.

From what I have heard they aren't a bad side only need to string a couple of wins together.....

Hi all,

Firstly I have heard that Clayton is a permanent loss to MC, i heard that there was a disagreement between him and the club regarding the overs he was getting per game and no resolution had been meet.

Question for all, who are the bowlers to rate in the comp??? I hear Draper in the threads, but who else is there???

What is on about you people complaining about the pitch on angliss on sunday. boohoo the pitch didnt play well, our comp gave you the pitch to use, if you dont like the pitch dont play on it, get your on turf pitch to play on, oh thats right, you dont have one, so stop whinging about it and get on with it

footscray ana, i had the pleasure of watching some of the lower grade synthetic cricket recently,where i spotted some great talent in your younger ranks. Of specifics, a young boy who made 75 or so showed amazing potential. I have also noticed a young spinner of yours, who also opens the batting. Both seem to be fine examples of your depth as a cricketing club. congratulations on this. It is really important to nurture young talent, and if u dont want them u could always send them to us, particularly that spinner.@|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back