What was your first bat?

mas cambios

What was your first bat?

Let's try to get to know each other a little, so what was your first bat?

I had two, a Slazenger Caribbean and a Gunn and Moore Autograph (with the white paint covering).

What did you have first up?

Re: What was your first bat?

Probably this bat that my Dad owned. It was given to him by Brian Booth (former Australian batsmen) after he was the leading run scorer in some competition. Not to sure what it was though

well i know it was a GM and had a Blue handle! i then changed it for a Gray Nicholls SCOOP!

GM duellist (the one with the green stickers). I bought it before I knew anything about what was needed in a bat and it was a bit of a plank. Much happier with the Kookaburra Genesis I got to replace it.

My first real 'playing' bat was a Duncan Fearnley Extra Cover...completely white back to it! Now that was one DIRE bat!

My second was a Gray Nicholls Elite, much better!

And at the 3rd attempt, I got a beauty...Hunts County...whatever the one was with the big bulge at the bottom!

My first bat was a kashmir willow. AS Attack. I still have it but I don't play with it anymore. It's just one of those few things I'd like to keep.

Mine was a Kashmir Willow MRF Sachin Tendalkur copy. I'm a tail ender (Wrist Spin Bowler) so very rarely get to hit a ball and I've still got and still use it now and then and it feels okay. I like it's weight and feel. Cost me a quid and 29 quid P&P!

nastyneil;267397 said:
My first real 'playing' bat was a Duncan Fearnley Extra Cover...completely white back to it! Now that was one DIRE bat!
!

Same! :D

Next bat was a Gunn and Moore Purist Junior, quality bat that was.

MOved on to a couple of Fisher bats (melbourne brand) which were by far the best bat possibly made. Then picked up a Newbrey in England which went like a rocket and finally now have a Puma (signed by Adam Gilchrist) that the old man won in an auction lol

slazenger v600, still got it was good for over 10 years of street cricket :), been glued and filled back in so many times, I think its lost a good 3 inches of wood from the bottom.

Growing up with cricket, I've had tons of bats, but the first "proper" one was a puma one, some replica of Adam Gilchrist's bat. I got it rather cheap as well because they were having a sale at the place I bought it. :)

4 bats in 3 years :D

1st) i had a woodworm wand pioneer £30 ( the best plank you could find, crap everywhere apart from the sweetspot which was as nice as me next bat)
2nd )Puma x-bow 4000 , got it for £80 off me mate and it was class bat,,, class pick up class middle, my perfect style of bat... unfortunatley I read somewhere about sanding at end of season and attacked it( it came out alright but I took stickers off and it didnt ever give me the same feel after it sold it for £35 which went towards my...)
3rd) Slazenger SXi pro £70 which again for a cheapish bat it was very good just it started cracking very early so i used it for 4 games. Decided it would do as a net bat...
4th) AS G200 for £129 (shuda been £200).... a season old, awesome bat, massive edges, massive middle, slight bow, 2.11 maybe 2 heavy 4 most ppl but it is good for me, huge sweetspot... will do me for another 2 seasons

BTW if anyone is buying a new bat i do recommend that AS off Monty Sports World Largest Online Cricket Store

Back