Who will be this seasons BEST umpires and earn a granny spot?

Kev Davis

Who will be this seasons BEST umpires and earn a granny spot?

Anyone want to make a big call and put forward their thoughts for the grandfinal umps in each grade?

Re: Who will be this seasons BEST umpires and earn a granny spot?

southern sledge;374365 said:
FFS its not even Xmas

well no-one seems to be using a few of the forums on here so just creating a NEW topic for people to talk on. any harm in that???? thats what this forum is for isn't it????

Here here Kev!
And yes its not even christmas but there will still have been umpiring that was good and bad... so why not talk about it!

My worry is that it will turn in to an anti Umpire bashing thread. But go ahead just be honest and no personal crap.

i understand that... and thats probably y its not called "Who will be this seasons WORST umpires"

but i wouldnt stress... i think its all pretty quiet on the western front....

Kev Davis;374352 said:
Anyone want to make a big call and put forward their thoughts for the grandfinal umps in each grade?

Vincent Borg, best umpire by a long way

doofus;374750 said:
Vincent Borg, best umpire by a long way

I agree Vincent Borg good under pressure and putting up with the Shit appeals and carry on that goes on

Paul Loughrey is another bloke i've been impressed with - having said that hope i don't get stiched up by these blokes this year because they are human and thus make mistakes. But these two are very consistent and good with LBW's undoubtedly the most contentious of decisions.

At times i do feel sorry for good umpires when folks try to put pressure on them with ridiculous appeals when they clearly know it's notout, for good umpires sake and keeping them involved in the game i hope VTCA does something to address this issue - to stop fielding sides intimidating the umps to give bad/wrong decisions.

ROY G BIV;374766 said:
I agree Vincent Borg good under pressure and putting up with the Shit appeals and carry on that goes on

Paul Loughrey is another bloke i've been impressed with - having said that hope i don't get stiched up by these blokes this year because they are human and thus make mistakes. But these two are very consistent and good with LBW's undoubtedly the most contentious of decisions.

At times i do feel sorry for good umpires when folks try to put pressure on them with ridiculous appeals when they clearly know it's notout, for good umpires sake and keeping them involved in the game i hope VTCA does something to address this issue - to stop fielding sides intimidating the umps to give bad/wrong decisions.

If keilor stop appealing 34 times an innings then that would be a start

doofus;374917 said:

Perhaps if other sides could bowl anywhere near as well as Keilor they might be able to appeal for some decisions too...

I've noticed that at Keilor, but its not just Keilor's domain. It places too much pressure on the umpires and it must be intimidating for the umpires (who are mainly pensioners) to deal with. If we get bad umpiring then 9/10 it is the players fault for the pressuring.

Vinnie Borg is amazing. Vinnie used to be a batsman (with a top score of 166). I think having played the game for years he is in a good position to withstand the pressure placed on him.

Back