Who will be Victoria's spinner without McGain?

five80

Who will be Victoria's spinner without McGain?

Just wondering who will be Victoria's spinner in one dayers and shield games without McGain?

Re: Who will be Victoria's spinner without McGain?

probably white and they'll pick an extra quick I reckon! David Hussey to help out. Holland went alright from what I read with the AIS, but has missed fair bit of cricket last year because of his shoulder.

Against the redbacks I would expect something like

Pura Cup
Jewell, Rogers, Hodge, Hussey, White, McDonald, Crosthwaite, Nannes, Pattinson, McKay, Wright

One dayers
Quiney, Rogers, Hodge, Hussey, White, Finch, Crosthwaite, Hastings, Harwood, Pattinson, McKay

eddiesmith;236603 said:
Against the redbacks I would expect something like

Pura Cup
Jewell, Rogers, Hodge, Hussey, White, McDonald, Crosthwaite, Nannes, Pattinson, McKay, Wright

One dayers
Quiney, Rogers, Hodge, Hussey, White, Finch, Crosthwaite, Hastings, Harwood, Pattinson, McKay

Are you talking about James or Darren.

Cameron White to be the spinner!? This bloke turns the ball about as much as boof Lehmann! He's a slow bowler who occasionally bowls a googly.

Cameron White is the main leg spinner now that McGain is in the aussie squad.
namdarb, try and stay positive mate. I know you don't like Cameron White but look he can come in handy. It's best to be supportive no matter what. Better than bagging somebody out all because they are better than you.

schwab2clarkson;266271 said:
Cameron White is the main leg spinner now that McGain is in the aussie squad.
namdarb, try and stay positive mate. I know you don't like Cameron White but look he can come in handy. It's best to be supportive no matter what. Better than bagging somebody out all because they are better than you.

I'm still positive about Victoria doing well don't worry about that. All I'm saying is White should be picked as a batter/part time bowler. He should not be picked solely for his "leg spinners" that he doesn't turn. I'm only a young bloke (early 20's), and I don't play competitive cricket but if I can see what he's doing wrong why can't our coaches? I have been a keen student of leg spin ever since I could roll the arm over.

His run up is too straight, his arm is too high and his wrist is all out whack which is why he bowls everything out the back of his hand.

namdarb;266393 said:
I'm still positive about Victoria doing well don't worry about that. All I'm saying is White should be picked as a batter/part time bowler. He should not be picked solely for his "leg spinners" that he doesn't turn. I'm only a young bloke (early 20's), and I don't play competitive cricket but if I can see what he's doing wrong why can't our coaches? I have been a keen student of leg spin ever since I could roll the arm over.

His run up is too straight, his arm is too high and his wrist is all out whack which is why he bowls everything out the back of his hand.
So what, he's the Bushranger's skipper. He can bowl whatever he wants to bowl and whenever he wants to. Anyway before you know it McGain will be back because he won't be able to handle the pressure over in India.

Back