Who will win the Ashes?

• England

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Caesar

Simple question, simple answer. Post below and give a margin, if you're not afraid.

I'm thinking 3-1 to Australia.

Australia although I'm not very confident. I think it will be a close and very tough series and it could go either way.

Look I could never actually tip against Australia to win an Ashes series. Having said that, like Ljp, I'm not confident.

As this Ashes cricket blog points out, it all depends on whether England's key men put in a performance and it's never like they've gone missing in Australia before... *Ahem*. 3-1 the Ausies, I'd say. England will bottle it again.

Your lot look pretty crap at the moment and all the stuff I'm reading kind of supports that view. Having said that you're not going to go down without a fight and its on home turf and somehow Ian Bells been included in our team. I reckon it's gonna be close, as the bloke above says we could quite easily bottle it and then your lot may have the edge. The general feeling over here is that, this is our time and this team can do it, so I reckon we'll scrape it.

It'll be interesting. If you'd asked me a few months ago I would have probably tipped England, but their batting lineup has had big collapse issues recently and it's not just Bell. Cook and Pietersen really need to fire.

I think a lot will also depend on how dangerous Anderson is. He in particular has struggled on unfavourable pitches, and the effectiveness of his support of Broad will be crucial. This is definitely a series that could go either way.

It'll be interesting. If you'd asked me a few months ago I would have probably tipped England, but their batting lineup has had big collapse issues recently and it's not just Bell. Cook and Pietersen really need to fire.

I think a lot will also depend on how dangerous Anderson is. He in particular has struggled on unfavourable pitches, and the effectiveness of his support of Broad will be crucial. This is definitely a series that could go either way.

I think out of the bowlers, Finn will have to have a big series. Like you say, we can't rely on the turn of Anderson, so it's going to have to be pure pace, especially in the first Test. Not sure Finn will cope with the responsbility.

I think the main thing that could lose it for England is 'having' to pick 6 batsmen which leave us a bit short in the bowling dept, particularly as others have mentioned if (or when) Anderson doesnt quite fire. Personally I would like to see us be braver and go with just 2 from Bell, Collingwood and Pietersen (and the first two would get my vote at present) and then make Prior (who lets face it was only in the side because of his batting), Broad and Swann step up to 6,7 and 8 which isnt beyond any of them. 9,10 Jack doesnt look so good with Anderson, Finn and A.N. Other and my choice initially would be Shahzad as Tremlett appears to be too similar to Finn and Broad, but test matches are about taking 20 wickets and I fear too much will be put upon Swann's shoulders with a four man attack

Interesting!

I think perhaps it is a matter of faith. You may have dismissed Panesar due to his slow (very slow) start in the last friendly match but he really does deserve some credit in the 10 wicket 'mauling'. Three wickets within 11 deliveries may not be as good as Tremblett's three within eight but it was good enough... for now ;).

As for the result... for me, the closer the better. We need a little excitement in our lives at the moment. Edge of the seat viewing is where it's at :D.

Be interesting to see what happens when the top bowlers return to the fold, nicely rested!

Beware the man Siddle, there's not a lot being said about him at the minute - he worries me, he looks like a bloke with a level head and the right kind of constitution to make something happen.

I really think that so long as nathan hauritz is at home watching on the couch we've got a fighting chance, It just depends on whether or not our top 4 can lay a decent platform and not pressure our middle order too much...

2-1 Australia, us to win in Brisbane (duh) and Perth, Adelaide to be a draw (because it's Adelaide), Melbourne to be a draw (rain) and England to win in Sydney

Just watching the highlights and your bowling looks a bit shoddy, whereas Anderson and Broad are looking pretty good. Good to hear the Barmy Army in full voice getting behind the lads

Back