why is it when aussies take a low catch its referred and....

Roy00

...when Laxman takes a low catch in the first innings its a classic? ..and no referral

how bias is this commentary?

Re: why is it when aussies take a low catch its referred and....

Roy00;409701 said:
...when Laxman takes a low catch in the first innings its a classic? ..and no referral

The commentary is on an Indian channel done by Indian commentators, it's pretty obvious that the commentary is going to be biased towards India as the vast majority of viewers will be Indian fans.

The commentary is no different to Australia's coverage on Channel Nine, the bias is there just as much, it's just that none of us see it because we are Australian ourselves. The English coverage is also the same on Sky, it's just as bias as the others as are the other countries in their coverage of their home season(s).

Ljp86;409712 said:
The commentary is on an Indian channel done by Indian commentators, it's pretty obvious that the commentary is going to be biased towards India as the vast majority of viewers will be Indian fans.

The commentary is no different to Australia's coverage on Channel Nine, the bias is there just as much, it's just that none of us see it because we are Australian ourselves. The English coverage is also the same on Sky, it's just as bias as the others as are the other countries in their coverage of their home season(s).

Yep, agree totally.

The commentary in the 2008 Indian series, IMO, was a lot more bias, but that was understandable considering the nature of the 2007/08 series between the sides.

I remember Ravi Shastri just attacking Ponting late in the 2008 series.

I have no problems with commentary being bias, as long as it is not vindicative.

I actually think the commentary has been pretty good this series, so far.

Personally, I don't think there's much point in refering low catches. It's always really hard to tell if someone got their fingers under it. However, as this cricket tips blog points out there is a need to ensure all referal rules across all forms of the internationla game are set in stone. It's daft having one set of rules for one tour and then scrapping them for another.

This is probably because Mr. Ponting and his side literally cheated Indians at the 2008 Sydney Test...claiming grassed catches and Ponting raising his finger up as if he was an umpire and the actual umpire believing him....And then when Indians caught it perfectly in the next test, umpire gave it not out and did not give fielder a chance to tell....Aussies were on their way to lose the Test but went to win thanks to about 11 wrong decisions, 1 in India's favour and 10 against....

So everybody lost faith in Aussies..

Back