Champions League Twenty20 2009

Twenty20 Champions League - Which country will the winners come from?

• England

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Africa

• Sri Lanka

• West Indies

• Total voters
Re: Champions League Twenty20 2009

Ljp86;369584 said:
Shut up. :p

Read the paper today, they've predicted us to finish third in each competition. Got rid of a lot of deadwood over the off-season. Here's hoping we can be a lot more competitive this season.
:D That is still my favourite T20 game when we chased 200 with ease and I think a couple of overs to spare at the G

But on WA, interesting, I heard some say they were favourites for all titles last year and went quite poorly, with QLD dropping off and NSW being pretty crap anyway they should probably be around 2nd-3rd

Vics won by 7 wickets for those who don't know. Deccan Chargers are 8/146 after 19.1 overs in their game against Somerset. They should really be a lot more after they were 63 after six overs.

Slip;369585 said:
Well you might add a M.Hussey to your team shortly if he keeps his form up.

Hussey would be playing a bit more for Western Australia if I had my way. That century in the last test and his decent form in the one-dayers will probably save him for now.

eddiesmith;369614 said:
:D That is still my favourite T20 game when we chased 200 with ease and I think a couple of overs to spare at the G

And the T20 final two seasons ago. I was there when Blizzard almost put Edmondson (I think) into the Swan River. :eek: :D

I remember the first Twenty20 game in Australia, WA vs Victoria at the WACA. WA chased down 130-odd off 12 overs with Ronchi hitting Warne for 20-something off one over. :D

eddiesmith said:
But on WA, interesting, I heard some say they were favourites for all titles last year and went quite poorly, with QLD dropping off and NSW being pretty crap anyway they should probably be around 2nd-3rd

Probably is the key word there. WA should probably be up there but they just can't put it all together. Last season was so disappointing after it promised a lot.

We should really finish above NSW as half their team is usually playing for Australia and Queensland have lost a lot of players and experience due to retirment. SA, WA and Tas could finish anywhere really with Victoria out in front at this stage. I think we'll be better than last season but 4th place would be more realistic for us.

:mad:

It appears that I can't even bloody watch this at all, it doesn't seem to be on WIN at all and Foxtel doesn't have it, no **** ing 1hd out here.

Ljp86;369633 said:
Hussey would be playing a bit more for Western Australia if I had my way. That century in the last test and his decent form in the one-dayers will probably save him for now..

True, but i think one more failed series and i think he's gone.
he's 34 and has had a lean 2 YEARS.

Hughes stars in south africa and gets starts in 2 tests and gets dropped.
And hussey fails, after fails, after fails and still stays in the team.

But he showed something in that 5th test and a little in the CT so i would keep him for the summer.

Slip;369636 said:
True, but i think one more failed series and i think he's gone.
he's 34 and has had a lean 2 YEARS.

Hughes stars in south africa and gets starts in 2 tests and gets dropped.
And hussey fails, after fails, after fails and still stays in the team.

But he showed something in that 5th test and a little in the CT so i would keep him for the summer.

2 years is too long a time without doing something.

I agree with what you're saying though. Hughes was given very little leeway after failing and was axed in favour of Watson who was a very unorthodox choice. Personally I'd still have Hughes opening and would drop Watson to four where he played a fair bit for Queensland in the past.

Well , I have been conned. The IPL sides all got beaten (ljp86 mate Deccan was a massive dissapointment) and the tournament I think is open. The Hyderabad wicket yesterday was top notch and I hope that the games there keep giving these close results.

Cape Cobras have qualified for the Super 8s. I did not expect anything let alone them doing that. Langeveldt shoulder injury might play a bigger role I think.

The thing that I am particularly enjoying is that we can see various players from different nations at one place.

The interesting thing about this tournament is that it's probably the first time in cricket that domestic teams from various countries have met with something serious at stake.

I'm sure that there have been others down the years but nothing quite like this.

hattrick;369748 said:
Well , I have been conned. The IPL sides all got beaten (ljp86 mate Deccan was a massive dissapointment) and the tournament I think is open. The Hyderabad wicket yesterday was top notch and I hope that the games there keep giving these close results.

Cape Cobras have qualified for the Super 8s. I did not expect anything let alone them doing that. Langeveldt shoulder injury might play a bigger role I think.

The thing that I am particularly enjoying is that we can see various players from different nations at one place.

Deccan were poor. They got off to an explosive start but the middle overs killed them, they should have got at least 180 from where they were at but they lacked a player to score runs in the middle overs.

mas cambios;369769 said:
The interesting thing about this tournament is that it's probably the first time in cricket that domestic teams from various countries have met with something serious at stake.

I'm sure that there have been others down the years but nothing quite like this.

I agree. I think it's reasonably good, there's a lot of players that fans wouldn't be familiar with so there is definitely an interest factor.

We are certainly seeing the gap between the domestic competitions however, the gulf is probably a little bigger than what was expected.

Deccan rely alot on Symonds and thats a worry for any team because he is very hit and miss

Good performance by Dirk Nannes last night to get Delhi through to the next round, thought he was a bit stiff not to get the MOM award but they probably have to keep the locals happy

With tomorrow nights game between Victoria and Wayamba it is simple, Vics win and Wayamba head home, Wayamba win and they have to beat Victoria by 1.9 runs an over to jump them and send Victoria home

Group C sees the Cobras through and a basic elimination match between Bangalore and Otago later tonight

Group B sees NSW through with an elimination match between Sussex and Eagles in the late game tomorrow night

Group A still open due to T&T yet to play with their first match in the early game tonight v Somerset who can book a place in the 2nd round with victory

A1 = Unknown
A2 = Unknown

B1 = NSW
B2 = Unknown

C1 = Unknown
C2 = Cape Cobras

D1 = Delhi
D2 = Unknown

Can't beat that NSW bowling attack. There weakest bowler is Bollinger, and I would love to have him as my weakest bowler anyday.

If Bracken was fit then they would have the attack that I think Australia should be looking to play in their T20s. All in one domestic side.

I don't think this tournament has lived up to all the hype that was made of it, some good matches but some boring ones aswell. The crowds haven't been anywhere near as what was expected.

The crowds have only turned up to watch Indian teams play, would get better crowds in Australia and the pitches have been shockers which lead to win the toss, win the match

eddiesmith;370357 said:
The crowds have only turned up to watch Indian teams play, would get better crowds in Australia and the pitches have been shockers which lead to win the toss, win the match

If Australia hosted this, It'd have to be late November/early December. Melbourne, Adelaide and Hobart still have terrible weather at this time of year and early in the new year would see games in Sydney and Brisbane washed out.

Ljp86;370475 said:
If Australia hosted this, It'd have to be late November/early December. Melbourne, Adelaide and Hobart still have terrible weather at this time of year and early in the new year would see games in Sydney and Brisbane washed out.
Well assuming NSW dont pull off a miracle again then there wouldnt be any matches in Brisbane or Sydney anyway

But of course if its moved it would be to the time of the new countries season. But I cant see India ever relinquishing hosting rights

Anyway it was great to see Symonds fail yet again last night and without him the tournament favourites couldnt win and are out without winning a game :D

Victoria have smashed, annihilated, destroyed and eliminated the Bangalore Royal Hacks by 7 wickets with 25 balls to spare

Bangalore 6/127 (20 overs)
Pandey 39 (28)
Dravid 33 (35)
McDonald 4/21 (4)
McKay 2/26 (4)

Victoria 3/133 (15.5 overs)
Hussey 31* (15)
Quiney 29 (33)
Hodge 25 (20)

Very sweet victory I am sure for the Victorian Skipper given the Bangalore management dont think he is worthy of a game in their side

Given the margin in the end it will be difficult for Bangalore to advance but basically require Victoria to beat Cobras, Bangalore to beat Delhi quite comfortably and Delhi to beat Cobras and try and sneak in on NRR

Victoria are pretty much through unless Delhi beat Cobras and Bangalore whilst the Cobras beat Victoria then it could come down to NRR

So the semi-finals look like being Victoria vs T&T, and Cape Cobras vs NSW, if the SA team can beat Delhi. Certainly wouldn't have predicted that at the beginning of the tournament. The IPL teams have been awful, even though they were a bit understrength.

Both the Australian teams are looking the goods.

An all Australian final would be good. Just to show off to the rest of the world.

But really I would like Trinidad and Tobago vs NSW in the final. Perfect for me.

after seeing dirk nannes last night, it's a shame he had to play for delhi. surely nannes, harwood, mckay and siddle would have been unstoppable, with hodge and hussey in there bowling flat offies. holland isn't bad but is getting slaughtered by good bats.

i really hope the Bushrangers can go up a notch now and knock off the blues and whoever wins out of T&T and the cobras. i think it's lights out for T&T as the cobras have looked far too strong, but you never know in 20-20.

bushrangers are going to have an awesome lineup for this years big bash as well, with dwayne bravo joining the ranks.

Back