Chris Ridler the mad Wisden Collector

cridler

Chris Ridler the mad Wisden Collector

Hi,

Nice to find your forum. I am a mad cricket follower , love watching England Tour (NOT a BA member) although on hold as victoria arrived.

My main love is the Wisden Cricketers Alamanck, i have all but 2 copies now so hope nealry there and I run Wisden site wisdens.org for other people as crazy into the wisden as me.

I am an umpire and umpire in the Cheshire league in the UK, it is fun but get grief from time to time, plus our weather is shocking.

Should be a great ashes series in 2009 2 new teams against each other. Best get some tickets!

Nice meeting you,
Cheers
Chris

Re: Chris Ridler the mad Wisden Collector

Hi Chris

Welcome to the site. That's a pretty neat Wisden collection - probably worth a bob or two as well!

Welcome Chris, hope to see you around on the boards!

Many Thanks for the warm welcome, although from the location maybe it would not have been so warm in 2005, i found the site when searching for Ken Piesse who is a good friend albeit the other side of the world so nice to make aquatence.

The books I own are woth a few quid, their vale has rocketed over the last few year but only for certain versions of the book (for example an 1896 Hardback is worth 100 times a rebound paperback @ £22,000 or £220 - around 3 Australian Dollars at the current exchange rate) I have the £220 version so my set isn't that precious but I do have an 1864 signed by John Arlott which I am proud to have.

Sorry to add a link and feel free to delete it but for those who like stats here are the price changes since 1976, you may want to sit down first if you have a few in the attic!

Wisden Historical Valuations

But books aside cricket is great, test match cricket especially so i look forward to India V Australia fourth test soon and then India V England late rin the year.

20/20 dead by 2020!

Cheers
Chris

Welcome to BigCricket Chris. We hope that you'll enjoy your stay here. We're proud to have you as a part of our forum.

Back