DOWN MEMORY LANE

Richie

Staff member
Here we can add a touch of nostalgia to the Club.

Personally I went thru my adolescence and early adulthood during the 70s the decade of distaste..specially in fashion.
1683514408189.png 1683514471946.png 1683514532177.png
I told you so.

I happen to have a couple of pics from the 1970s in a drawer by my desk and am looking at them. I realise, though, that I seem to have avoided the extreme just wearing a black shirt and blue jeans. 😌

I happen to have a couple of pics from the 1970s in a drawer by my desk and am looking at them. I realise, though, that I seem to have avoided the extreme just wearing a black shirt and blue jeans. 😌
Just took a squiz nothing outrageous in my album, only me in a yellow/white floral shirt and regulation one toned trousers. Post something from on line you may have worn.

These clogs come pretty close to those I was wearing with Levi's bell bottom blue jeans.

And I had a Nylon shirt roughly similar to this one, maybe a smaller pattern but never felt comfortable and never really liked it. Not exactly psychedelic I'm realising with hindsight which is indicative of my good taste. :p

These clogs come pretty close to those I was wearing with Levi's bell bottom blue jeans.

And I had a Nylon shirt roughly similar to this one, maybe a smaller pattern but never felt comfortable and never really liked it. Not exactly psychedelic I'm realising with hindsight which is indicative of my good taste. :p
I never wore clogs but but I did wear these as they were all the rage.. and theseView attachment 1802 1683582408803.png 1683582535878.png

1683583114003.png 1683587352420.png
This is the sauve look. I actually enjoyed dressing up like this as the chicks loved it.
The scarfe was also worn outside the shirt, hanging loose or tied.

Last edited:
View attachment 1806View attachment 1809
This is the sauve look. I actually enjoyed dressing up like this as the chicks loved it.
The scarf was also worn outside the shirt, hanging loose or tied.
The style on the right is OK, still worn today by some. The one on the left has been mainly used by mature men who want to cover their throat and/ore as a more casual alternative to a tie. Never in my life. One style, the Travolta-look, is still missing. :thumbsu:

Back