DOWN MEMORY LANE

Just took a look at northern England temps over past three days and you guys are having unusually hi humidity. That is what is making you sweat Jess.
You got that right Ritchie! 🥵
It's much cooler today so feels a bit more comfortable 🤗

Ok Jess tell us something about you growing up in Cornwall.
Our childhood was pretty average really. Money was tight so we spent lots of time on the beach. I remember trying to eat sweets but my (milk) teeth were loose so that was painful 😆
We used to collect the seashells and take them home and once I found a funny shaped seashell and put it on my bedroom windowsill, a few hours later I saw it had moved, apparently some pink creature was attached to it and gave me the fright of my life! 😱
My brother made a go-cart, it was pretty good, we used to play on it for hours until I got my fingers trapped underneath it, my own fault for dangling my hand over the side😆

we spent lots of time on the beach.
What beach Jessica. I will post it for you. I also spent a lot of time at the beach on my hols. Also enjoyed searching for shells and the like.
I found a funny shaped seashell and put it on my bedroom windowsill, a few hours later I saw it had moved, apparently some pink creature was attached to it and gave me the fright of my life! 😱
Some kind of sea snail perhaps like this one?
1688345349239.png

What beach Jessica. I will post it for you. I also spent a lot of time at the beach on my hols. Also enjoyed searching for shells and the like.

Some kind of sea snail perhaps like this one?
View attachment 2068
Not quite! It was shaped like an ice cream cone, and I saw a skinny pink leg or antenna sticking out of it after I noticed it had moved 😆

Porthcurno Beach. We lived very close to it 😍

Not quite! It was shaped like an ice cream cone, and I saw a skinny pink leg or antenna sticking out of it after I noticed it had moved
It can't have been a cone snail either although your description indicates that, but they live in warmer regions like off AUS 😂 , don't they?

Wow. 😳 That sounds like the end of the world as we know it. 😊 How can you earn a living down there? What made you leave paradise?
We were always moving around as kids, I've never really settled in one place. I did consider moving to Ireland but that would've been too much upheaval so chose Lancashire 😊

It was shaped like an ice cream cone, and I saw a skinny pink leg or antenna sticking out of it after I noticed it had moved
Is this it Jessica. Pleased you did not touch it as its occupant is a danger as it emits a poisonous sting. It can be found in the temperate waters of south west England, where you were born and fossicked for sea shells.
1688615531352.png
Must be its venomous stinger at bottom of the shell.

Last edited:
Yes, but it's not as strong as in southern England. The whole of Europe benefits from it but nobody wants to hear what's gonna happen if the stream gets stopped. It almost did once or twice.
How do you mean if the 'stream gets stopped' mate.

Is this it Jessica. Pleased you did not touch it as its occupant is a danger as it emits a poisonous sting. It can be found in the temperate waters of south west England, where you were born and fossicked for sea shells.
View attachment 2076
Must be its venomous stinger at bottom of the shell.
That does look a lot like it! I had a lucky escape then 😆

Back