MOVIES/TV

I should probably drop a googlable bomb here. Movie introduces the infamous device known as the "Camberwell Carrot".

Look it up, I promise it's not rude. Movie co-stars Paul McGann.
This is your last chance to wonder about this darkly endearing comedy. Sit down with your tablets and a good supply of popcorn and French brandy.

Withnail and I
Yes.
The two young blokes at one point pretend to be a committed couple in order to get away from uncle Monty, who is amongst other things a gentleman and backs off. Otherwise they would have had to brain him with a wine bottle.

This film starts in the North West of England and finishes in Greece.
The leading lady is a bored housewife.

Well I don't have any idea what the movie is. I should probably ask for a clue!

[edit]. dammit I put "bored english housewife greece film" into a search engine and there it was. I do remember watching Zorba the Greek at a young age and being a bit embarrased that I didn't really understand it.

Last edited:
Well I don't have any idea what the movie is. I should probably ask for a clue!

[edit]. dammit I put "bored english housewife greece film" into a search engine and there it was. I do remember watching Zorba the Greek at a young age and being a bit embarrased that I didn't really understand it.
That's not the right film Vince :D

Same here. One of only two movies I have walked out on, the other was 2001 Space Odyssey.
You will probably think it a bit odd, but I've seen 2001 18 times unless I have miscounted. Kubrick was quite a clever chap and you see something new every time.
Doesn't work if you are not a fan of his, though!

Correct Ritchie 🤗
Did you stay in an apartment?
Yes in Athens for a month then a few of us Aussies went backpacking for the next month, taking buses and trains to see the real Greece, the ancient Greece. I fell in love with the place, the Greek people whose hospitality blew my mind, warm and generous they would invite you into their homes and treat your like their own family. I have vowed to return there before I fall off my perch to soak up the Argean islands I missed, but doubt it will now happen.

Last edited:
Yes in Athens for a month then a few of us Aussies went backpacking for the next month, taking buses and trains to see the real Greece, the ancient Greece. I fell on love with the place, the Greek people whose hospitality blew my mind, warm and generous they would invite you into their homes and treat your like their own family. I have vowed to return there before I fall off my perch to soak up the Argean islands I missed, but doubt it will now happen.
There's plenty of time for you to return. Maybe you and Mrs Ritchie could have a holiday there 🏖️

There's plenty of time for you to return. Maybe you and Mrs Ritchie could have a holiday there 🏖
Sounds idyllic but unrealistic Jess as Mr/Mrs Ritchie are now seniors on a part pension as wife still works part time but no one wants an old fart like me any more. Perhaps I have a distant relative that will leave me millions or we will win the lottery, only way I will return to Greece.

Last edited:
NEW MOVIE.
A series of events changes an orphaned boys life forever as he eagerly abandons his humble origins to begin a new life as a gentleman.

Last edited:
Back