My Brother's Questions

FBI

My Brother's Questions

My brother has a few questions about fitness and nutrition...

He is 6ft 1 and 16 stone if it helps. Most of his weight is in the upper body fat region and arm region (fat and muscle there) and although he is partially interested in cricket fitness (he is a batsman and medium pace bowler), his main priority is just losing weight in the upper body region.

Q. Will you lose weight if you have one big meal (dinner - meat and vegetables cooked in a different way each time) and a sandwich (lunch - usually a BLT) a day.

Q. Is a sandwich a day too much bread?

Q. Toast = Bread in terms of fitness or is one better than the other?

Q. Are situps good for losing weight?

Q. What will be the best way to lose weight in a moderate (500m to 1.5km) distance? Interval sprints? Constant jogging or running followed by walking followed by running when one gets more energy.

He may ask more later, he is personally not keen on me asking on forums because he thinks you will all say the same thing but I'll ask the questions whenever I can because he is extremely keen in getting fit and losing his belly.

Re: My Brother's Questions

This is not a problem Manee.

Just a few things:

1. How old is your brother?

2. What are his waist and hip measurements; cms if possible?

3. How active is your brother?

We can tackle this two ways:

Firstly, sort out his diet if you could email me his five - seven day food diary (including everything; drink, cookies, chocolates etc)

Then give him a resistance programme to work to. If David is free, he may deal with this as I am not around much in the next few days. Or, I can look at this next week for him.

Liz Ward said:
This is not a problem Manee.

Just a few things:

1. How old is your brother?

2. What are his waist and hip measurements; cms if possible?

3. How active is your brother?

We can tackle this two ways:

Firstly, sort out his diet if you could email me his five - seven day food diary (including everything; drink, cookies, chocolates etc)

Then give him a resistance programme to work to. If David is free, he may deal with this as I am not around much in the next few days. Or, I can look at this next week for him.

1. He is 23.

2. Waist is 37cms. I'll get back to you re: hips.

3. Not very at all. Started running but has not entered a routine yet.

Will email you the food diary in five days.

Here are some general answers to get you started though:

It's best to eat more often and smaller meals: 5-7 times a day rather than 2-3.

Toast and bread are almost identical. It's what you eat with the bread and when you eat it that is important.

Don't do situps. There are more healthy weight loss and core strengthening exercises.

Fat loss is a personal combination of diet and exercise. There is rarely one best way. However I'll be happy to do a basic plan for him once we have his current food and exercise routine.

Harrowdrive said:
However I'll be happy to do a basic plan for him once we have his current food and exercise routine.

I will have them for you in five days.

Back