Name the Classic Film & TV Show.

Another American tv show.

A 30 min anthology of mystery, sci fi, drama and sometimes horror produced in the black and white tv days.

The show was hosted by its creator, a small man who always had a cigarette between his fingers. You may have seen repeats of this or the two remakes.

Could it be Rod Hull with his puppet Emu? 😁
I had to google them, and am happy not to have met the pair in a dark alley. I am sorry to have missed "Constable Clot". Teenage self would have found him hilarious.
Anyway, the program you seek is The Twilight Zone. Introduced by Rod Serling who made it all sound so normal.
Rod's wiki notes that he once had a job testing ejector seats.

I had to google them, and am happy not to have met the pair in a dark alley. I am sorry to have missed "Constable Clot". Teenage self would have found him hilarious.
Anyway, the program you seek is The Twilight Zone. Introduced by Rod Serling who made it all sound so normal.
Rod's wiki notes that he once had a job testing ejector seats.
My gosh fancy testing ejector seats for a living, I bet his insurance was high to do that kind of job!

🤗 You never watched the original Twilight Zone Jessica? You can buy the whole series on CD, download or stream it online. Want me to link you to a streaming site?
It doesn't appeal to me to be honest, I'm more into Brit comedies, sitcoms and films. Recently watched Buster staring Phil Collins and Julie Walters, thoroughly enjoyed it :D

A synopsis of a UK movie.

At the close of World War II, a young nurse tends to a badly-burned plane crash victim.

Back