PARIS OLYMPICS

There was some controversy over the cross of St. George on the outfits of our athletes, the cross was in rainbow colours instead of the usual red cross. I get a bit tired of all this diversity, each to their own but stop forcing it upon us. 👍

OK, the uniform may look different on a real body. Tara Davis-Woodhall said that she's happy with the design after seeing them in person.
“It was the picture that did no justice. I saw one [of the uniforms] today. They’re beautiful. They’re not like the picture. The cut does look a little bit different on that mannequin. They just should have had a second look with someone to choose that photo to post.”
Two-time Olympic medalist sprinter Gabby Thomas echoed Davis-Woodhall's comments, saying she was “initially shocked like everybody else," when she saw the uniform on social media.
“I think I love wearing as little clothes as possible just because you’re sweaty, you’re being really active and moving, so I love that we have the option to wear that, but we also have the option to wear any uniform we want. We could wear the men’s uniform if we really wanted to. So I’m comfortable with what they put out there. The initial shock was warranted, but I think no one has anything to worry about.”

Back