THE NEW CHRISTMAS THREAD.

We here in Australia enjoy Christmas in Summer unlike Jessica and Thomas who live in the Northern Hemisphere. With snow in short supply at this festive time of the year, we Aussies and tourists love adding that Chrissie touch to our beaches.
[IMG]

1702250210275.jpeg
1607897992939.png
1702250008400.jpeg
1702250272989.jpeg

Attachments

• 1702250059139.jpeg
    1702250059139.jpeg
    24.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 1702250087293.jpeg
    1702250087293.jpeg
    25.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
While you northern guys have a piping hot Chrissie lunch or dinner, with a warm eggnog finished with plum pud, we Aussies have mostly cold fare. Various meat cuts, ham, turkey usually, plus seafood.. prawns, oysters, crab legs and whole lobster if affordable. Dessert is usually Australian Pavlova topped with passion fruit and berries or as per below pic, then a cheese and grape platter, all washed down with lashings of ice-cold beer, wine, or in my case, beer then a few JD Kentucky gold chasers. 😋😋😋

1607979454734.png

1702249584970.jpeg

Last edited:
What do you call an obnoxious reindeer?
Rude-olph.

What do snowmen eat for breakfast?
Ice Krispies.

How do Christmas trees get ready for a night out?
They spruce up!

What do you call a Christmas rom-com about bread?
Loaf Actually.

How did Scrooge win the football game?
The ghost of Christmas passed.

Sounds like you Aussies have Christmas all sorted Ritchie! 🤗
We'll have a traditional Christmas dinner with all the trimmings, followed by either trifle or mince pies and custard. Then watch Christmas TV all evening while having drinks and snacks :p
If it's a white Christmas then I'll attempt to build a snowman ☃️

While you northern guys have a piping hot Chrissie lunch or dinner, with a warm eggnog finished with plum pud, we Aussies have mostly cold fare. Various meat cuts, ham, turkey usually, plus seafood.. prawns, oysters, crab legs and whole lobster if affordable. Dessert is usually Australian Pavlova topped with passion fruit and berries or as per below pic, then a cheese and grape platter, all washed down with lashings of ice-cold beer, wine, or in my case, beer then a few JD Kentucky gold chasers. 😋😋😋

1607979454734.png

View attachment 2389
Is this dessert for one person? It looks delicious 😋

We here in Australia enjoy Christmas in Summer unlike Jessica and Thomas who live in the Northern Hemisphere. With snow in short supply at this festive time of the year, we Aussies and tourists love adding that Chrissie touch to our beaches.
[IMG]

View attachment 2393
1607897992939.png
View attachment 2390
View attachment 2394
I should imagine our beaches will be empty on Christmas day, except maybe for dog walkers. If anyone does fancy going to the beach then they'll definitely have to wrap up warm.

Sounds like you Aussies have Christmas all sorted Ritchie! 🤗
We'll have a traditional Christmas dinner with all the trimmings, followed by either trifle or mince pies and custard. Then watch Christmas TV all evening while having drinks and snacks :p
If it's a white Christmas then I'll attempt to build a snowman ☃
🤗 Also sounds like you too have Christmas sorted Jessica. You like the new Chrissie thread.
Oh for a white Christmas, have dreamed of one since I was a child. I can just see you building a snowman in your backyard.⛄

Last edited:
Is this dessert for one person? It looks delicious 😋
Its a whopper Pavlova, isnt it Jess. Surprisingly healthy too as the main ingredient are eggs. Also change white or castor sugar for a natural sweetener such as Steviol and it is even healthier. You must make one.

Hello everyone

what I can contribute is a few pics of our Christmas market. They are not new but dew-fresh, taken yesterday when we were in the city centre. As you can see, the snow has gone but will come back they say. The whole city centre is full of market stalls and amusement rides.

A typical feature of it is that also the passages inside the xmas231.jpg
buildings are decorated.
xmas237.jpg
xmas238.jpg
xmas236(0).jpg
xmas234.jpg

Attachments

• xmas231.jpg
    xmas231.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 3
Hello everyone

what I can contribute is a few pics of our Christmas market. They are not new but dew-fresh, taken yesterday when we were in the city centre. As you can see, the snow has gone but will come back they say. The whole city centre is full of market stalls and amusement rides.

A typical feature of it is that also the passages inside the View attachment 2411
buildings are decorated.
View attachment 2412
View attachment 2413
View attachment 2416
View attachment 2417
Very pretty. Good contribution to the thread Thomas.

I never lose the Christmas spirit, I vividly recall my early childhood days at Chrissie time, no artificial tree back then as dad would go into the nearby forest and cut a genuine fir tree which we spent hours of enjoyment decorating with tinsel and baubles, candy canes, always topped by an angel. There were some presents left under the tree, but the majority were laid by mum and dad at the foot of our beds while we slept. Come Chrissie morning and we'd go nutso opening all out presents.

1702412167999.jpeg
How about this beaut tree for our party. Or this one.
1702411839695.jpeg
or this natural fir tree the same as we used when I was a child.
1702410326545.jpeg

Last edited:
I've got lots of yummy seafood for Christmas like best Salmon and heaps of garlic prawns to go with a big salad, and wine.
I'm still putting up tinsel everywhere:

My poverty Christmas tree
20231213_150651.jpg

20231213_131504.jpg

my Old Dads sword, a Francis Drake replica
20231213_131553.jpg 20231213_131909.jpg
Front garden
20231213_131842.jpg 20231213_131829.jpg 20231213_131721.jpg

My dear non drinker step mother just found this old (> 20 years) bottle old Hazelnut Liqueur she gave me as a pre Christmas present. Of couse I had to sample it to make sure it was ok being so old. It's delicious and I doubt it'll last to Christmas!
20231212_190801.jpg

I also have a Christmas outfit for my dog and three dinners to attend during the Festive Season. Bang goes the diet!

Last edited:
I've got lots of yummy seafood for Christmas like best Salmon and heaps of garlic prawns to go with a big salad, and wine.
I'm still putting up tinsel everywhere:

My poverty Christmas tree
View attachment 2439

View attachment 2440

my Old Dads sword, a Francis Drake replica
View attachment 2441View attachment 2442
Front garden
View attachment 2443View attachment 2444View attachment 2445

My dear non drinker step mother just found this old (> 20 years) bottle old Hazelnut Liqueur she gave me as a pre Christmas present. Of couse I had to sample it to make sure it was ok being so old. It's delicious and I doubt it'll last to Christmas!
View attachment 2446

I also have a Christmas outfit for my dog and three dinners to attend during the Festive Season. Bang goes the diet!

Lovely pics, Terry. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsu:You really put your shoulder to the wheel by even decorating the trees. (It's always a strange view for me to see palm-trees in a garden.) What's that about the sword of your dad? All in all, it looks like it's gonna be a busy season for you, and your anticipation is noticeable.
My dog gets a Christmas outfit, too. 🤗

Last edited:
Christmas was early here due to relatives being high speed people, and these days we just tend to swap table wines. - they are more useful than socks!
Photo not by me, but one government bus driver has also put his shoulder to the wheel...

Attachments

• transperth-spirit.jpg
    transperth-spirit.jpg
    378.8 KB · Views: 3
Back