The Weather Thread

It got to 40.8 degrees today, 26 degrees expected tonight before 41 degrees forecast for tomorrow. Thursday, Friday and Saturday are all forecast to be 39 degrees, Sunday is 37 at this stage. Mid 20's overnight expected too so going to be warm for a few days.
We have 4 degrees here 🥶
We had a heavy overnight frost too 🥶
Still can't imagine how you guys cope in such heat. Do you tan easily? I have fair skin so would burn to a crisp. 😆

It was 26.7 degrees overnight last night and it got to 42.1 degrees today. 39 degrees expected tomorrow, 40 degrees forecast on Friday and Saturday and then 37 degrees on Sunday.

We have 4 degrees here 🥶
We had a heavy overnight frost too 🥶
Still can't imagine how you guys cope in such heat. Do you tan easily? I have fair skin so would burn to a crisp. 😆

Geez, that's rather cold. It must be cold for frost to be forming on the ground.

I have a bit of a tan from being in the sun, you don't need to be in the sun too long to build up one. You don't want to be in the sun here too long though as you'll get burnt.

It was 26.7 degrees overnight last night and it got to 42.1 degrees today. 39 degrees expected tomorrow, 40 degrees forecast on Friday and Saturday and then 37 degrees on Sunday.

Geez, that's rather cold. It must be cold for frost to be forming on the ground.

I have a bit of a tan from being in the sun, you don't need to be in the sun too long to build up one. You don't want to be in the sun here too long though as you'll get burnt.
No chance of sun burn this summer but silly me had a taste of it last summer on a sweltering day when I fell asleep while on a lounger in my pool. Oh the stinging pain from nose to toe for the next three days. Ouch! 😡

I read that we get our nickname pommy from burning in the Aussie sun and having a face as red as a pomegranate 😆
I couldn't have a holiday in Australia because of the heat, but do dream about the Aussie outback and Ayres Rock, I'd love to see them for real ☀️

It got to 40.5 degrees today. Expecting 25 degrees overnight and 41 degrees tomorrow, 40 degrees on Saturday and 37 degrees forecast on Sunday.

Told today we will have to put up with this miserable La Nina soaking weather until March.

No chance of sun burn this summer but silly me had a taste of it last summer on a sweltering day when I fell asleep while on a lounger in my pool. Oh the stinging pain from nose to toe for the next three days. Ouch! 😡

I just had a look earlier, the climate outlook is calling for a wet February to April out your way, Sydney has had a fair bit of rain the last month or so. I guess La Nina is going to hang around a little longer.

Yes, got to be careful with the sun here. Even a little while out in the sun and you can get burnt.

I read that we get our nickname pommy from burning in the Aussie sun and having a face as red as a pomegranate 😆
I couldn't have a holiday in Australia because of the heat, but do dream about the Aussie outback and Ayres Rock, I'd love to see them for real ☀

I think that might be it, BettyBoo. :p

If you visit in winter you'd be fine I would think, not as cool as winter in the UK but still comfortable.

It got to 40.5 degrees today. Expecting 25 degrees overnight and 41 degrees tomorrow, 40 degrees on Saturday and 37 degrees forecast on Sunday.

I just had a look earlier, the climate outlook is calling for a wet February to April out your way, Sydney has had a fair bit of rain the last month or so. I guess La Nina is going to hang around a little longer.

Yes, got to be careful with the sun here. Even a little while out in the sun and you can get burnt.

I think that might be it, BettyBoo. :p

If you visit in winter you'd be fine I would think, not as cool as winter in the UK but still comfortable.
What's your average winter temp?🥵

The temperature got to 41.7 degrees here today after dropping to 22.3 degrees overnight. 40 degrees predicted for tomorrow after 25 degrees tonight and 38 degrees forecast for Sunday.

After that, back to the low 30's for a few days.

What's your average winter temp?🥵

Average maximum temperature in winter here (June to August) is 19 degrees, minimum is 8.3 degrees.

The temperature got to 41.7 degrees here today after dropping to 22.3 degrees overnight. 40 degrees predicted for tomorrow after 25 degrees tonight and 38 degrees forecast for Sunday.

After that, back to the low 30's for a few days.

Average maximum temperature in winter here (June to August) is 19 degrees, minimum is 8.3 degrees.
I think I could handle those temps 😆

It got to 40.8 degrees today, 26 degrees expected tonight before 41 degrees forecast for tomorrow. Thursday, Friday and Saturday are all forecast to be 39 degrees, Sunday is 37 at this stage. Mid 20's overnight expected too so going to be warm for a few days.
I know it's insane but I was daydreaming of heat recently 'cos I'm so fed up with winter.😞

Saturday saw the temperature get to 41.1 degrees, the fifth consecutive day of the temperature exceeding 40 degrees or more which is a record here. Sunday is forecast to be 39 degrees now while Monday to Thursday is low 30's so cooling down.

I think I could handle those temps 😆

I'm sure you can handle those temperatures. May and September probably wouldn't an issue either. The south eastern capital cities are cooler in winter than here so would be right up your alley I'd say. :p

Where do you hail from Thomas and how has the weather been there lately?
From Germany, a tiny country in Europe. We have been waiting for real winter to set in. Been way too warm for the season with temps mostly above zero °C and a short trough being -10°. (I reported.) With January being almost over it could now mean that we'll be in for a nasty Feb and/or March.

You were on a lounger floating around the pool while asleep? 😲 That's dangerous Richie, you could've fallen in.

Sunday saw the temperature peak at 40.4 degrees, the sixth consecutive day of temperatures being 40 degrees or more which extends the record set yesterday. It's also the 11th day this summer (since 1 December) where the temperature has been 40 degrees or more which is another record, the previous record was seven set in 2015/16.

So far this summer we're averaging a 40 degree day every 4.91 days at the moment.

From Germany, a tiny country in Europe. We have been waiting for real winter to set in. Been way too warm for the season with temps mostly above zero °C and a short trough being -10°. (I reported.) With January being almost over it could now mean that we'll be in for a nasty Feb and/or March.

That's very cold. Seems to be above average there if you haven't been hitting those low temperatures. There's a lot of places in Europe and other parts of the globe that are supposed to be very cold this time of year but aren't at that point or have experienced parts of their winter in recent times where it is warmer than normal. Climate change certainly playing a part in that I'd suspect.

We still have an icy chilly breeze. I went out today without my gloves and my hands were freezing so I pulled my sleeves down over them.

Sunday saw the temperature peak at 40.4 degrees, the sixth consecutive day of temperatures being 40 degrees or more which extends the record set yesterday. It's also the 11th day this summer (since 1 December) where the temperature has been 40 degrees or more which is another record, the previous record was seven set in 2015/16.

So far this summer we're averaging a 40 degree day every 4.91 days at the moment.

That's very cold. Seems to be above average there if you haven't been hitting those low temperatures. There's a lot of places in Europe and other parts of the globe that are supposed to be very cold this time of year but aren't at that point or have experienced parts of their winter in recent times where it is warmer than normal. Climate change certainly playing a part in that I'd suspect.
Yes, -10 are above (or below) average but we may have spells of that for four weeks. The lowest temps I've ever seen were -23° for three days. In other areas they may go down to -30.

Back