VSDCA Pre Season Build-Up (2007/08)

Mistery Man

VSDCA Pre Season Build-Up (2007/08)

This is just a thread where people who are playing in the VSDCA or just like to watch can discuss the upcoming season. Which teams will do well? Who is new to the subbies? Who has changed clubs? & just general pre season talk.

One question is what are the areas this year, obviously last season it was South/West and North/East, in the 2007/08 season is it going to be North/West & South/East or North/South & East/West?

Other things that might come up
Who will win the VSDCA 2007/08 season and which teams will be bottom?
Which players are going to be standouts or younger players will make there mark?

Re: VSDCA Pre Season Build-Up (2007/08)

Heard Robbie Bartlett has signed with Mt.,but has done his achilles and will only play after bout round 6.What you got for everyone Mystery Man??

Mistery Man;164245 said:
This is just a thread where people who are playing in the VSDCA or just like to watch can discuss the upcoming season. Which teams will do well? Who is new to the subbies? Who has changed clubs? & just general pre season talk.

One question is what are the areas this year, obviously last season it was South/West and North/East, in the 2007/08 season is it going to be North/West & South/East or North/South & East/West?

Other things that might come up
Who will win the VSDCA 2007/08 season and which teams will be bottom?
Which players are going to be standouts or younger players will make there mark?

mystery man you amaze me champ.....

north/south and east/west this year buddy.....

its hard to tell early but really in the last match(championship) whoever is in it can win it......
i can only talk of west teams altona,willy,melton are always hard to beat werribee is a good young team yarraville have got some good batsmen but lack a couple of bowlers sunshine were dissapointing last year but blooded alot of kids as well so they will be better for it.....and broady hard to tell lost 4 or 5 close games by under 10 runs or in the last over and got a few good young kids as well.......

box hill, oakliegh are always strong

nick jensen (18) from willy look out for him......bats 5 and keeps aswell@|
travis dean(17)from werribee bats 4 and keeps also made 3 tons last year if he doesnt go to a district club now this kid can play

weapons05/06;165184 said:
mystery man you amaze me champ.....

north/south and east/west this year buddy.....

its hard to tell early but really in the last match(championship) whoever is in it can win it......
i can only talk of west teams altona,willy,melton are always hard to beat werribee is a good young team yarraville have got some good batsmen but lack a couple of bowlers sunshine were dissapointing last year but blooded alot of kids as well so they will be better for it.....and broady hard to tell lost 4 or 5 close games by under 10 runs or in the last over and got a few good young kids as well.......

box hill, oakliegh are always strong

nick jensen (18) from willy look out for him......bats 5 and keeps aswell@|
travis dean(17)from werribee bats 4 and keeps also made 3 tons last year if he doesnt go to a district club now this kid can play

you should be a brain surgeon weapons... 'its hard to tell early but really in the last match(championship) whoever is in it can win it' NO ******** SHERLOCK

I have noticed a lot of low scores in the Subbies last season, are the wickets a nightmare for batsman or is it just good bowling?

The scores are generally a lot lower in Subbies than Premier for example (other than the extra 20 overs) as it is a different mindset. Tactics and containment are at the forefront. Most bowlers are very disciplined and field settings and standards are both very high quality.
I have often wondered why the capable batsmen don't try to break this long term trend more often than they do. I couldn't hit the ball off the square so am unlikely to do anything about it myself but there are many, many quality bats who should be taking it to the bowlers, in particular the slow straight, tight bowlers who's records are ridiculously good considering the pies they bowl.

Is it just that or are the pitches and ground conditions a helping reason, Premier cricketers play on roads. Looking at the scores it looks like the subbie play on minefields

If subbies are playing on land mines, i'd hate to think what you guys thought about our pitches in the MMVCA

Back