• West Coke

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Other

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Who will win the AFL flag?

Ljp86;216907 said:
The two WA sides are going to struggle this year, West Coast's injuries are really hurting them along with their off-season departures. Their fall from grace has been surprising whilst Fremantle continue to underachieve, they need to start playing their younger players more frequently, something which West Coast is starting to do although very slowly.

Have you ever thought about applying for a job at The West Australian?
;)

Kram81;216949 said:
Have you ever thought about applying for a job at The West Australian?
;)

:D

No, I've always wanted to study under Caroline Wilson. ;)

Tough job supporting Fremantle . . . we should get free valium prescriptions.

Sad.

:(

Kram81;217185 said:
Tough job supporting Fremantle . . . we should get free valium prescriptions.

Sad.

:(

I'm putting Kram on suicide watch. :cool:

Should have won but that's Freo. Might have fared better had Sandilands been given a break or at least had a backup ruckman. They were smashed in the middle during that last quarter.

Ljp86;217190 said:
I'm putting Kram on suicide watch. :cool:

Should have won but that's Freo. Might have fared better had Sandilands been given a break or at least had a backup ruckman. They were smashed in the middle during that last quarter.

Mate, I was gutted. It was a choke worthy of the Neesham days or India in a World Cup. Usually I would have went psycho and smashed some stuff but I just sat there stunned. Anyway, on a positive note it shows we can play when we want to and the young guys are playing well.

Plus it could be worse . . like West Coast, how shite were they today? :D

Kram81;217262 said:
Mate, I was gutted. It was a choke worthy of the Neesham days or India in a World Cup. Usually I would have went psycho and smashed some stuff but I just sat there stunned. Anyway, on a positive note it shows we can play when we want to and the young guys are playing well.

Plus it could be worse . . like West Coast, how shite were they today? :D

You're banned. ;)

Nah, we were terrible again. Didn't get to see it due to work but I listened to the last half on the radio, by then we were well and truly stuffed. Judd and Cousins not being there has hurt us (would hurt any side), as well as Chick's toughness around the grounds. Kerr is copping tags every week and the rest of our midfield is struggling. Poor skill level is killing us at the moment, our inability to hit targets is shocking, some of the skills on display wouldn't be fit for a WAFL Reserves game. Forwards are struggling, Hansen has had zero impact and Lynch is doing very little. The defence is a victim of the poorness of the midfield at the moment, Glass and co can only do such much but if the midfield is getting thrashed, the ball is going to spend a fair bit of time in the backline. And the more it spends there, the more chance the opposition are going to score goals.

The shining light for us though has been the emergence of the kids. McKinley will be a gun for us, as will Kennedy, Ebert, Shangher and Scott Selwood. McKinley has come on so much from last year, I have been impressed with his coming of age this season. He, Kennedy and Mitch Brown hold the key for the Eagles forward line for the next few years. We might finally have a decent key target since Peter Sumich and to a lesser extent Phil Matera.

West Coast will be up there again, a couple of years and we will start to win games on a consistent basis and challenge those sides at the top.

I am happy that the hawks are doing really well this year. Fremantle are having a poor season. Although that game against the cats was a rippa.

West Coast and Carlton tonight and I can't wait. Sold out in only 29 minutes and we all know why (contrary to what Sam Newman said on TFS was he being serious?) Ljp, how do you rate the Coasters chances? Alot of Weagles supporters on Bigfooty have been extremely pessimistic about their chances, yeah they've got a long injury list but so do we. I think we will go in slight favourites, I hope you and your fellow supporters give Chris Judd a nice, warm reception and round of applause tonight, as he deserves for being a champion player.;)
Looks better in a Navy Blue jumper than a WCE jumper don't you agree?:)

On a more serious note though, I might just clarify some things I said a while ago.
Tassietigersrule;213566 said:
While it was fantastic we got Judd, Carlton should have done all they could to hold on to Kennedy and trade Bower (another WA man) instead.

Kram81;213702 said:
Geez dude, how much do you wan't you got arguably the best player (when fit) in the comp without surrendering the number 1 pick? :)
It was just unfortunate we had to let JK go, he was already an integral part of our line-up and we haven't really replaced him at the key CHF position. I was only looking from my club's perspective, JK was going to be a really important part of our line-up. If you saw his debut with the Eagles you may understand why I was disappointed to see him go. You've also got to take into account whether Juddy was ever going to be the same player he once was (trust me, I have been reading up plenty of stories of the media talking about that groin). Having him, Judd and the no.1 pick would have been perfect. Nevertheless, Bower has been super this year and looks like he may be on the improve and can play a few roles down back. Speaking of which, I believe he's been named at CHB tonight and Waite at CHF.

majjudd_wideweb__470x345,0.jpg

What do you reckon ther Ljp? Looks bloody good doesn't he?:p

If Carlton can't beat the Eagles at Subiaco tonight they never will. Yeah, Carlton are missing some players but they aren't even close to the quality of the Eagle's outs.

Carlton are still a bit green and have a shite back-line but should be able to hold out against the Eagles sub-par forwards and will command the midfield. Glass has been leaking goals all season and Fevola loves the wide spaces of Subiaco, he should have a good night.

Carlton by 10 points.

Surely I'd have a solid case to sue FFC for possibly permanent psychological damage?

Kram81 said:
LOL @ West Coast :D

God I hope Freo beat Melbourne :eek:

Kram81;217641 said:
Surely I'd have a solid case to sue FFC for possibly permanent psychological damage?

:D :D

Freo are an embarassment to themselves and also their supporters. Need a massive clean out at the end of the year, they're just a joke. Yet another season where Freo's "talented list" has been massively overhyped when they are really just plain shit.

I reckon some Freo supporters won't even see out the week.

Round 6 Results (ANZAC Day)

Collingwood 23.16 (154) defeated Essendon 12.9 (81)
Geelong 13.11 (89) defeated Fremantle 13.10 (88)
Adelaide 16.15 (111) defeated Carlton11.15 (81)
Western Bulldogs 20.14 (134) defeated West Coast 11.8 (74)
Port Adelaide 12.10 (82) defeated St. Kilda 9.7 (61)
Brisbane 19.23 (137) defeated Melbourne 13.7 (85)
North Melbourne 9.10 (64) drew Sydney 8.16 (64)
Hawthorn 14.22 (106) defeated Richmond 15.4 (94)

Round 7 Results

Carlton 17.9 (111) defeated West Coast 10.14 (74)
Geelong 15.15 (105) defeated 11.12 (78)
Hawthorn 24.10 (154) defeated Collingwood 13.11 (89)
St. Kilda 17.8 (110) defeated Richmond 16.11 (107)
Adelaide 15.17 (107) defeated North Melbourne 11.8 (74)
Western Bulldogs 18.4 (112) defeated Sydney 14.10 (94)
Melbourne 17.17 (119) defeated Fremantle 15.23 (113)
Port Adelaide 24.14 (158) defeated Essendon 15.4 (94)

AFL Ladder after Round 7

Code:
Pos  Team              P  W  L  D   F   A     %    Pts 

1.   Geelong           7  7  0  0  811 561 144.56  28 
2.   Hawthorn          7  7  0  0  872 604 144.37  28 
3.   Western Bulldogs  7  6  0  1  916 672 136.31  26 
4.   Adelaide          7  5  2  0  717 602 119.10  20 
5.   St. Kilda         7  4  3  0  651 671  97.02  16 
6.   Sydney            7  3  3  1  620 535 115.89  14 
7.   North Melbourne   7  3  3  1  657 665  98.80  14 
8.   Collingwood       7  3  4  0  763 717 106.42  12
------------------------------------------------------- 
9.   Port Adelaide     7  3  4  0  725 719 100.83  12 
10.  Brisbane          7  3  4  0  700 698 100.29  12 
11.  Carlton           7  3  4  0  702 725  96.83  12 
12.  Richmond          7  2  4  1  741 747  99.20  10 
13.  Essendon          7  2  5  0  683 914  74.73   8 
14.  Fremantle         7  1  6  0  614 729  84.22   4 
15.  West Coast        7  1  6  0  519 776  66.88   4 
16.  Melbourne         7  1  6  0  549 905  60.66   4

Next Week

Saturday 10th May

Victoria vs All Stars at MCG (n, 7:40pm AEST)

Round 8 Fixtures

Friday 16th May

St. Kilda vs Collingwood at Telstra Dome (n)

Saturday 17th May

Hawthorn vs Port Adelaide at Aurora Stadium
Richmond vs Geelong at MCG
Carlton vs Brisbane at Telstra Dome (n)
North Melbourne vs West Coast at Gold Coast Stadium

Sunday 18th May

Adelaide vs Melbourne at AAMI Stadium
Sydney vs Essendon at ANZ Stadium
Fremantle vs Western Bulldogs at Subiaco Oval

After seven rounds, still three teams undefeated, Geelong and Hawthorn haven't lost a point with the Bulldogs also undfeated but they drew Richmond earlier in the year. Adelaide are back in 4th with a small gap already forming between the top three teams and the chasing pack. St. Kilda move up to 5th after beating Richmond, Sydney's home loss sees them drop to 6th place while North Melbourne and Collingwood round out the top eight.

Port Adelaide are knocking on the door of the top eight after winning three in a row, Brisbane are back to 10th with their hot and cold form hindering their efforts to cement a top eight spot while Carlton are sitting in 11th after breaking a four game losing streak. Richmond's narrow defeat sees them fall back to 12th position with Essendon's bright start fading badly, numerous injuries have seen them drop back to 13th.

Fremantle's horrible second half effort against Melbourne keeps them in 14th, West Coast are still 15th and despite getting their first win earlier today, Melbourne are still last.

It appears the wooden spoon race will be between four teams, Essendon, Fremantle, West Coast and Melbourne are all struggling and it doesn't look as if it's going to end any time soon. Meanwhile, Geelong, Hawthorn and the Western Bulldogs are all playing super footy, they are looking very, very good.

Next week sees the "All-star" game with Victoria taking on the All-Stars. The All-Stars consist of the players from the remaining states and territories. It should be a great encounter, go All Stars!!

Kram81;217641 said:
I'm worried about you Kram, as I am for all Freo supporters. Keep an eye on him Ljp.

Ljp86;217644 said:
:D :D

Freo are an embarassment to themselves and also their supporters. Need a massive clean out at the end of the year, they're just a joke. Yet another season where Freo's "talented list" has been massively overhyped when they are really just plain shit.

I reckon some Freo supporters won't even see out the week.
When I think of Fremantle, I think of the Foo Fighters song, "The Pretender". Perhaps that should be their new club song, instead of the dreadful "Freo, way to Go". "The Pretender" suits them perfectly, and is 1 of the best songs ever, it suits them perfectly because they were talked about being premiership contenders, yet the only thing they are a contender for is the wooden spoon!:eek:
Fremantle is "The Pretender" of the AFL.

Tassietigersrule;217687 said:
I'm worried about you Kram, as I am for all Freo supporters. Keep an eye on him Ljp.

When I think of Fremantle, I think of the Foo Fighters song, "The Pretender". Perhaps that should be their new club song, instead of the dreadful "Freo, way to Go". "The Pretender" suits them perfectly, and is 1 of the best songs ever, it suits them perfectly because they were talked about being premiership contenders, yet the only thing they are a contender for is the wooden spoon!:eek:
Fremantle is "The Pretender" of the AFL.

"Long Road to Ruin" would be a lot better. :D @|

Back