T20 World Cup Bangladesh

My favourite matches and moments at this wt20

Herath's 5-3

Ireland Vs Netherland and its 19 Sixes!!

Alex hales in srilanka vs england

Pakistan vs Australia! Up & downs for both teams throughout the match. Suspense at its highest level! Raining sixes

Gayle's gangnam dances :rolleyes:

India vs Pakistan (vs pakistan matches are always special and more so when India wins :p )

what were yours @leftie600 @ Kram81 Kram81 @ ioppolo ioppolo @ Ljp86 Ljp86 @ futureblackcap futureblackcap

The Southern Stars winning the Women's T20. :p

60915.jpg

60914.jpg

60916.jpg

60921.jpg

60922.jpg

60920.jpg

srilanka_640_openbus.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
I really like the associate qualifying stage to kick off the tournament, Bangladesh and Zimbabwe should be made to qualify for every tournament.

The Netherlands. Should've beaten South Africa and could've beaten NZ. Hopefully they continue their T20 form despite losing ODI status.

Bangladesh once again have stalled in their development. BIG TIME.

We are shit at T20Is.

I really like the associate qualifying stage to kick off the tournament, Bangladesh and Zimbabwe should be made to qualify for every tournament.

The Netherlands. Should've beaten South Africa and could've beaten NZ. Hopefully they continue their T20 form despite losing ODI status.

Bangladesh once again have stalled in their development. BIG TIME.

We are shit at T20Is.

T20s are very unpredictable games and australia's strategy didnt comeoff... Pakistan and West Indies games were close calls.... also fast balling is your strength but you got turning wickets here..... I believe spin problems can be handled since almost half of your players is in IPL and will be playing in the subcontinent for a couple of days.....

Last edited:
T20s are very unpredictable games and australia's strategy didnt comeoff... Pakistan and West Indies games were close calls.... also fast balling is your strength but you got turning wickets here..... I believe spin problems can be handled since almost half of your players is in IPL and will be playing in the subcontinent for a couple of days.....

Half the issue was we didn't really use our spinners at all. Hogg only played one game and Muirhead played two but only bowled five overs. Both were expensive but weren't given much of an opportunity to do anything as we preferred to bowl Maxwell or go back to our pace battery. Even Hodge only got two overs for the tournament and he is a handy part-time off-break bowler.

Australia has been slow on the uptake to T20 cricket and hasn't really taken it seriously until the last few years. It's something that has cost us and is why we are ranked mid-table for the format.

The national team has always had something against spinners in the format for some stupid reason, so annoying. Honestly couldn't believe it when they didn't even stick with Muirhead.

Half the issue was we didn't really use our spinners at all. Hogg only played one game and Muirhead played two but only bowled five overs. Both were expensive but weren't given much of an opportunity to do anything as we preferred to bowl Maxwell or go back to our pace battery. Even Hodge only got two overs for the tournament and he is a handy part-time off-break bowler.

Australia has been slow on the uptake to T20 cricket and hasn't really taken it seriously until the last few years. It's something that has cost us and is why we are ranked mid-table for the format.

Well thats where you guys went wrong, you needed a dedicated spinner in you team like a Tahir or Narane and Maxwell isnt one, Murihead isnt experienced, he should be given more time... I have seen veterans Hogg and Hodge in BBL, they should have been fruitful... One player I would have liked to be in the side is Xavier Doherty, but then again as I said earlier Pace is your thing and it failed for almost all the teams....

Everybody has a different take on t20, it isnt perfect for sure but I like it, and since we cant have a test tournament with 15 teams participating, it provides good base for many nations to show their skills in international level.....

Well thats where you guys went wrong, you needed a dedicated spinner in you team like a Tahir or Narane and Maxwell isnt one, Murihead isnt experienced, he should be given more time... I have seen veterans Hogg and Hodge in BBL, they should have been fruitful... One player I would have liked to be in the side is Xavier Doherty, but then again as I said earlier Pace is your thing and it failed for almost all the teams....

Everybody has a different take on t20, it isnt perfect for sure but I like it, and since we cant have a test tournament with 15 teams participating, it provides good base for many nations to show their skills in international level.....

We did, we just didn't use them which is all the more perplexing. Muirhead may not be experienced but he was taken over there for a reason and was barely used, even more so for Hogg who played just one game. Given that spin worked relatively well for most sides highlights eben more so why we weren'r prepared to play and bowl our key spinners more.

Doherty had a poor Big Bash, taking three wickets from five games, averaging 44.66 and going for 8.37 an over with the ball. So that explains why he wasn't there.

We did, we just didn't use them which is all the more perplexing. Muirhead may not be experienced but he was taken over there for a reason and was barely used, even more so for Hogg who played just one game. Given that spin worked relatively well for most sides highlights eben more so why we weren'r prepared to play and bowl our key spinners more.

Doherty had a poor Big Bash, taking three wickets from five games, averaging 44.66 and going for 8.37 an over with the ball. So that explains why he wasn't there.

You are right about Murihead and Hogg not being used and I have to go with you there, but I cant find any sensible reason for that. I belive Bailey had some strategy thought out which failed blunderingly..... sometimes its like the best player with a bad plan can ruin the game

Doherty had a fair enough game when your guys toured India last oct (Border-Gavaskar Trophy )... he had a very good economy and was also one of your highest wicket taker, and since most of the subcontinent wickets are almost the same, I thought he would make the list...

You are right about Murihead and Hogg not being used and I have to go with you there, but I cant find any sensible reason for that. I belive Bailey had some strategy thought out which failed blunderingly..... sometimes its like the best player with a bad plan can ruin the game

Doherty had a fair enough game when your guys toured India last oct (Border-Gavaskar Trophy )... he had a very good economy and was also one of your highest wicket taker, and since most of the subcontinent wickets are almost the same, I thought he would make the list...

Neither can anyone here. I guess after Hogg and Muirhead went for some runs when they bowled, Bailey got gun-shy and decided to focus on pace for the majority of the games and use Maxwell as the spin option. That obviously didn't work.

Few hours back I was going through a aussie site and found this,

http://www.theroar.com.au/2014/04/09/australia-just-didnt-care-about-the-world-t20/

^whats your take on this

It's mostly true. I think a lot of fans in Australia don't treat T20 as a proper form of the game, mostly just as "hit and giggle" cricket and I think that mentality was initially in the national side but has slowly dispersed with time but is still somewhat present.

The Big Bash is big here and fans want their team to win but a lot would go along for the great atmosphere that is also present at most matches and to enjoy a good spectacle. I also believe the current administration see T20 cricket as a way to make very good money and that seems to come into calculations a fair bit.

Ljp86 Ljp86

I think t20 gives a oportunity for new and talented cricketers from local scene to prove their mettle in an international stage, at least it did so for many Indian cricketers. Its fun to watch too and most of the people can take out time for a 3 hour match... Though its not 'cricket as we know' but I believe cricket is evolving and t20s are here to stay.
So it would be good to see Australia make a heavy comeback and set up new standards in t20 as Ricky Ponting and his men did for ODIs. I believe ausie fans are just one or two grand t20 wins away from loving this format....

Regarding money, most of BCCI funds now come from IPL, from sponsers and whatnots and I believe this same rule applies for most of the country board since almost every country now has their own t20s tournament... Now since less known domestic players play in these matches, they get a boost in their pay too and can continue to be a full time cricketer.
Ultimately t20s benefit administration and players equally and entertains me wholly....!! :cool:

Back