The Lounge

Yes! :)

Due to the extensive rain across Melbourne in the last 48 hours, Round 1 of the NGK Victorian Motorkhana Championship hosted by TCCA has been postponed until further notice. This event was scheduled to be run tomorrow, Sunday 15th of February, at our dirt grounds in Werribee, but on inspection, event directors deemed the surface unsuitable for competition. We will keep you all posted on a new event date as soon as it is locked in.
Enjoy your weekend!

Looking at the calendar, it's likely the rescheduled date will be in the second half of the year. It means I'm less affected by my current lack of readiness and car prep. What was r2 but now r1, will then be in a couple of weeks. Due to this, the meeting clashing with the WC final, and competition rules which means your best 9 of 11 results count towards the standings, It's likely I won't be affected as much as I was anticipating. It might even mean I'll try and hurry up getting the Laser ready by mid-April instead of May.

Last edited:
We are having an unusually cool weekend here, 29 yesterday and 31 today. Back to being hot tomorrow though for the rest of the week.
We had a hot one friday, a cool day on Saturday and another hot one today and it's supposed to be cooler for the next three days then it's back to the hot weather again.

That the front neighbours are renovating their unit. One of their drills literally sounds like the workmen are farting.
Nice day here. Just did a numericy and literacy test online for uni... I'm no good at maths.

R1 of Vic motorkhana tomorrow at Pakenham. Oddly, it's still called rd2. Anyway, I'm not sure what to make of my chances. I haven't been able to make a conscious improvement. I'm going to be using someone else's car. I'm not sure of the competition, who or how many? I'm giving myself the best opportunity to be class champ, which is why I'm still competing despite the minor adversity.

I'm just going to go out there and have some fun and take what point/s I can get. As it turns out. Despite living a fair way away from Pakenham, it's been raining where I live atm. So competition may even be rained out tomorrow, just like a couple of weeks ago. I don't know. Either way, I'll be ready for anything.

Shocking day yesterday. 7th of 7 in my class. The defending class champ didn't turn up, nor did the big spender I've had a pop at itt. I was no chance. I could barely fit in the car. I like to sit upright, and have the steering wheel to my chest. In the Prelude, I was reclined like I was in a sun chair, and I couldn't move forward because my knees were all cramped up. The few times I drove it previously, there was a forklift knob fitted, which was fun and easier to use. But this time, I had my arms extended, steering with my fingertips.

But still, last? A shocker!. I might've got 5th, or even 4th with the Laser. But it doesn't matter, it's done now. I'm getting on with. I'm still keeping my spirits up for a turnaround. Most of the guys who finished ahead of me are unlikely to compete the whole series, so I'm still giving myself a chance for the class standings atm. I know I need to do what Geelong did after losing to North in 07. The 1 point I gained yesterday may make the difference.

Back