Nmca 2015/16

I have been told that one player with name something like "can of diesel" is very norty, very cheeky. he likes to talk, talk. Just play cricket please mr can of diesel.

Your team gets there pants pulled down and now you are sobbing behind your keyboard, maybe get out there sat day and show some ticker and maybe your club won't be playing in kelly shield next year!!

The boys from West are fine. At least they hang around and have a drink after the game, unlike a few other clubs that can't leave what happens on the field there and continue to sook about things.

th
Is this you (Can of Diesel)

with the forecast this Saturday due to be 41 would like to know what peoples thoughts are on if the games will be called off or played?
does the competition stick to its guns and call it off early and risk backlash if it does reach the temperature or let the game go ahead with extra drink breaks?

obviously sides on top of there game will wanna play and the sides looking at losing will rather not play?

Think the comp should wait till Saturday morning to call it off. No issue with calling it off personally. If you are relying on one game to make/miss finals you probably haven't done well in the season anyway.

with the forecast this Saturday due to be 41 would like to know what peoples thoughts are on if the games will be called off or played?
does the competition stick to its guns and call it off early and risk backlash if it does reach the temperature or let the game go ahead with extra drink breaks?

obviously sides on top of there game will wanna play and the sides looking at losing will rather not play?
I'm still seeing a 39degC forecast for Melbourne. Where are you getting your forecast from? Every competition seems to have a different set of rules!

Temp varies around different parts of melbourne anyway.
Absolutely, and in the case of the DVCA, viewbank is likely to be a little warmer than Melbourne. Just wondering where the 41C figure is coming from.

Personally think the 38C threshold is too low. Comfortable playing on Saturday knowing it might hit 40C.
Keeping in mind that that'll be after tea. It's not like we're playing 5 hours in 40C heat.

I'm still seeing a 39degC forecast for Melbourne. Where are you getting your forecast from? Every competition seems to have a different set of rules!

just remember seeing the forecast the other day it might of changed since then.

I believe the temperature cut off is 37 or 38.

I believe the comp should be playing to often they take the easy option and cancelling games. I understand its going to be hot just have more drinks breaks or even send a msg out to clubs requesting starting at 12.30.

just remember seeing the forecast the other day it might of changed since then.

I believe the temperature cut off is 37 or 38.

I believe the comp should be playing to often they take the easy option and cancelling games. I understand its going to be hot just have more drinks breaks or even send a msg out to clubs requesting starting at 12.30.
Tend to agree. I understand cancelling vets, juniors and even the lowest grades (often full of older guys and young kids) due to hot weather. But until you start getting up to 42C+ I'd rather be playing in the top grades.

Tend to agree. I understand cancelling vets, juniors and even the lowest grades (often full of older guys and young kids) due to hot weather. But until you start getting up to 42C+ I'd rather be playing in the top grades.

Also as the guys in the higher grades have committed to playing for the year they shouldn't really be complaining.

But like you said it might not hit 40 degrees till after the tea break so its not like its 40 degrees at 12pm and playing all day in them conditions

Cricket being a summer sport is exactly that. In Mumbai we play in 46 Degrees without any problems. We should being have more drinks breaks & like longer tea break. Perhaps start a little early. Too many excusings not to play.

Darebin already banking the 6 points could be handy come end of year if it's called off ! Rosebank would be back in the gun ! Holy trinity continue to be pathetic .. Rivergum 400 wow .
Didn't see that coming. Hard to beat this year. If we reach the early 40s for Saturday then call it. 39 degrees is definitely playable

Why doesn't the Comp start games at 11:30-12pm and have extra drinks breaks and make a early call on it .

They wont start the game early as people would potentially be at work.
keeping in mind most people who work Saturdays are tradies and being one myself I know that I wont be going anywhere near the work place if forecasted high 30's low 40's

Over the halfway point of the year, who is everyone's tip to make the 4 and who will be playing off in the grand final? Log jam from 3rd to 7th !
Who will win the medal ? Top 3 !?

Over the halfway point of the year, who is everyone's tip to make the 4 and who will be playing off in the grand final? Log jam from 3rd to 7th !
Who will win the medal ? Top 3 !?

Rivergum
Lalor
keon park
Rosebank

Medel
S.Neary Winner (just)
J. Thompson
N. Christie

Back