1st Test: Australia Vs India in Melbourne

Re: 1st Test: Australia Vs India in Melbourne

Ljp86;200015 said:
Australia meanwhile might be aiming for a lead of 500. If there two can bat quick enough we may see a declaration late today. Otherwise it should be tomorrow morning.

Pretty accurate prediction I'd say. India needing 499 when the Aussies declared. The Indian openers (thank god! for the sake of the match) managed to make it through 8 overs tonight without loss.
Should be an interesting days cricket tomorrow and not wishing to brag but i'll be there to c it :D .
Don't right off this Indian line-up though, it contains some legendary names and batting to potential could c them give this game a shake up, however with the strength of the Aussie attack and recent form i think this is unlikely.

I would love to see the game poised tomorrow evening with India 4 for about 290 with the little master still at the crease, would make for a big crowd on day 5 @|

Ljp86;200015 said:
Australia meanwhile might be aiming for a lead of 500. If there two can bat quick enough we may see a declaration late today. Otherwise it should be tomorrow morning.

Pretty accurate prediction I'd say. India needing 499 when the Aussies declared. The Indian openers (thank god! for the sake of the match) managed to make it through 8 overs tonight without loss.

Should be an interesting days cricket tomorrow and not wishing to brag but i'll be there to c it :D .

Don't right off this Indian line-up though, it contains some legendary names and batting to potential could c them give this game a shake up, however with the strength of the Aussie attack and recent form i think this is unlikely.

I would love to see the game poised tomorrow evening with India 4 for about 290 with the little master still at the crease, would make for a big crowd on day 5 @|

Hopefully Australia can wrap this up tomorrow. 499 is going to be a very, very tough target to chase, if anyone can get them there it is Tendulkar but the way the Indian batters are playing, Sachin would have to score 300 of them.

The first couple of sessions will make or break India, if they lose early wickets they'll have little hope of winning.

Ljp86;200007 said:
Haha, glad you're enjoying the game. Does this sopcast cost anything and how much usage does your computer use?

it's free and it takes up almost nothing on the computer. I have to use Internet explorer to use it (usually use Firefox). i found a website that the owner puts up links to the sopcast feeds. you type the link in and go to the site and there is a window on the page that has the feed of whatever match you were told the link was for. clarity is decent and I haven't had any problems with buffering. i can PM you the links to download the software and then the website I use to find the links if you want.

Bluto11;200060 said:
it's free and it takes up almost nothing on the computer. I have to use Internet explorer to use it (usually use Firefox). i found a website that the owner puts up links to the sopcast feeds. you type the link in and go to the site and there is a window on the page that has the feed of whatever match you were told the link was for. clarity is decent and I haven't had any problems with buffering. i can PM you the links to download the software and then the website I use to find the links if you want.

Excellent. Thanks for that, Bluto11. I'll be very interested in using it when Australia goes away to the West Indies after the current summer. Would be good to see some cricket when Australia isn't playing at home. We get all the major tournaments on free-to-air (World Cups, Champions Trophy) but besides that all of Australia's away series are on Pay TV which I don't have.

Sopcast will come in very handy for when Australia isn't on home soil. :D @|

India are 3/117 in their second innings. Jaffer fell to an edge off Brett Lee which went through to Adam Gilchrist. It was Gilchrist's 396th dismissal which means he now holds the Australian record for most dismissals in test cricket. Rahul Dravid was out LBW to Andrew Symonds just before lunch. Dravid looks badly out of form, I don't know if he should really be in the Indian side. And finally, Sachin Tendulkar was out to some superb bowling from Lee. Lee softened him up with a few short balls and then bowled an outswinger outside the off stump which Tendlkar edged to give Gilchrist yet another catch.

Gangulay and Laxman are looking pretty good though. Laxman is on 41 and Ganguly is not out 26.

Still a very long way to go for India, Laxman and Ganguly aren;t doing too bad though so we could see some resistence yet.

Laxman hits it straight to Michael Clarke giving Stuart Clark his first wicket of the second innings.

4/118, Yuvraj Singh is the new batsman and is on a pair.

far too easy

Australia win by 337 runs

India all out for 161

aussieman;200140 said:
far too easy

Summed it up exactly. Really disapointing effort from a batting line-up that on paper really should have challenged that score.

Have to question the Indian selectors here... Sehwag without doubt the best player of Australian bowling (Remeber that 196 @ MCG Anyone???) has to be opening the batting regardless of form. Singh is a waste of space in my opinion and therefore can be the omission for Sehwag. Dravid is badly out of form or something far deeper and must be put back in the middle order. I watched the young beanpole kid bowl in the nets this morning and he looked superb would love to see him get a run. Anyone know anything about Agarkar? I rated him on his day.

Australia are far too good for anyone in this day and age and India have to be at their best to get close, not that crap I saw dished up today. Utterly disapointed as i was looking forward to a good test match. Not taking anything away from the Australian's, they were sensational. Hayden's ton one of the best I've seen as well as some of that bowling from Stuart Clark.

But for every bit as good as Australia were, India's batting was twice as crap. |@

CeyloneseSENSATION;200159 said:
Summed it up exactly. Really disapointing effort from a batting line-up that on paper really should have challenged that score.

They weren't going to get 499, even if some of the Indian batters had some big innings the total was just too much. They did their dash by batting so poorly in the first dig and the second effort was even worse.

CeyloneseSENSATION said:
Have to question the Indian selectors here... Sehwag without doubt the best player of Australian bowling (Remeber that 196 @ MCG Anyone???) has to be opening the batting regardless of form.

Sehwag was in probably worse form than Dravid. His last ten test innings saw him score 189 runs at an average of 18.9. That sort of average is nowhere near good enough for test level let alone first-class level. Sehwag was India's version of Brad Hodge for a while. He'd play poorly innings after innings but still wouldn't get dropped. Then the selectors finally had enough and they dropped him.

Sehwag's form doesn't warrant selection at all, they're better off with Jaffer and another opening batsman.

CeyloneseSENSATION said:
Singh is a waste of space in my opinion and therefore can be the omission for Sehwag.

Singh is average but they have no-one else. That tool Sreesanth is injured and the selectors preferred Ganguly over Pathan as the third seamer for the Boxing Day Test which tells you a lot about how Pathan is rated by the selectors.

CeyloneseSENSATION said:
Dravid is badly out of form or something far deeper and must be put back in the middle order.

Yeah, he needs to go back down the order or be dropped altogether. 16 off 114 balls shows he is really out of form.

CeyloneseSENSATION said:
I watched the young beanpole kid bowl in the nets this morning and he looked superb would love to see him get a run. Anyone know anything about Agarkar? I rated him on his day.

Picking Agarkar would also be the wrong decision. He actually rates himself as an all-rounder but in reality he is ********. Let's not forget on his first tour to Australia, five out of his first six scores were ducks. His bowling average of 47.32 isn't good enough for test level even if they were to pick him as an all-rounder. And his batting average is also well below par at 16.79.

Very average player, picking him would be a backward step. They already have an all-rounder in Yuvraj Singh and to a lesser extent Irfan Pathan. India doesn't need any more deadwood in the side.

CeyloneseSENSATION said:
Australia are far too good for anyone in this day and age and India have to be at their best to get close, not that crap I saw dished up today. Utterly disapointed as i was looking forward to a good test match. Not taking anything away from the Australian's, they were sensational. Hayden's ton one of the best I've seen as well as some of that bowling from Stuart Clark.

But for every bit as good as Australia were, India's batting was twice as crap. |@

India were very disappointing, no question. The publicity they were given by the papers and such suggested they would challenge Australia. Some even predicted that the series would finished tied. At the moment, you can't even see them winning a test. Their batting was terrible in this game, they couldn't score 400 runs even when combining their two innings.

Australia just too good again. If this is to continue, Australia will break the test wins record in Perth.

Back