2010 / 11 general chat.

Re: 2010 / 11 general chat.

stacksonthemill;408223 said:
I hear that a number of teams in the South may be ready in time for Round 2 ... some things never change down that way!

And it's the south clubs fault brain surgeon???

Clubs have no control over the council run grounds, if there are football finals on grounds it makes it a lot harder to get them up on time.

Well.....down South we just blame the Kingston council....it's usually their fault!!! Hope we don't have to pull stones out of our top dressing again this year!

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;408359 said:
Everyone knows who the rumors said was responsible, there's nothing to be gained by mentioning it again surely.

And who believe the rumors ???

All i know neither side playing were responsible !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not an ideal start for McKinnon with their nets being burn out over the weekend! Only have one net out of four remaining and no where to train outdoors at present.

I hear on the grapevine that Hobsons Bay Council have all their grounds out this week and 3 Senior Div. clubs in Keilor, McKinnon and South Caulfield are also out.
This would have to put this week in doubt as well.

Royal Park Brunswick and few others will also be out judging by this.......
"The availability of McAllister, Ransford, Ryder, Ross Straw 1&2, Holland Park No1 and Brens has been delayed. These pitches will not be prepared in time for or be ready for the weekend of 9-10 October".

I would suggest it would be in all clubs best interest that we don't play this weekend on under prepared wickets and start the season at round 2
Remember its a long season and we have reserve days ?
its not about playing just for the sake of playing its about quality in the best conditions available VTCA

In further i suggest we look at a one fixture in October which starts at the 3rd week and then go into the 2 day games as we know that we need time to get wickets up after football

Back