2014/15 D Grade And Below

Congratulations, you beat a team with 8 players. You must be talking flags.

We are talking flags. 10 points clear on top of the ladder after round 5.

The team we beat had 11 players. Not our fault that some of them didn't turn up on day 2. Perhaps it's something your club should look at.

We are talking flags. 10 points clear on top of the ladder after round 5.

The team we beat had 11 players. Not our fault that some of them didn't turn up on day 2. Perhaps it's something your club should look at.

You'll choke as always. Standard Mont

May I remind you of a certain 2013/14 Money Shield Grand Final.

Really? We finished 4th, and got beaten with 3 balls to go. I am not sure you know what the term choking actually means.

It would be what your 2s did last year. Finished 2nd, and got rolled for 90. That's the Monty way.

A Money Shield player beating up on an E Grade team. That's good for cricket.
If any player in this comp drops more than 1 club grade that he has regularly been playing in the club should have to pay a $200 registration fee and the player have limitations put on him, ie 50 as a batsman, 10 overs as a bowler. God help us if Amos, or any senior cricketer for that matter, hurts a young cricketer coming through or an old bloke helping out. Hopefully he only played 1 week and doesn't bowl!

If any player in this comp drops more than 1 club grade that he has regularly been playing in the club should have to pay a $200 registration fee and the player have limitations put on him, ie 50 as a batsman, 10 overs as a bowler. God help us if Amos, or any senior cricketer for that matter, hurts a young cricketer coming through or an old bloke helping out. Hopefully he only played 1 week and doesn't bowl!

What a ridiculous thing to say. You're going to get high grade players in the lower grades from time to time, be it they fill in or come back through injury, club sanctions etc. Also think about dads who want to get in a few games with their kids in the lower grades. Imposing Under 14 style sanctions on senior players would make the competition a laughing stock as where do you stop? Maybe imposing a retirement score on marquee players in the T20 comp if they have played state level and are down with us park yokels then extend that to overseas players depending on their record? How would a high grade senior player be anymore of a danger to a young kid or old bloke, besides bowling bouncers constantly? Even if that were to happen (and I'd have trust that players in this league are not like that), there's a rule to stop it and I'd think his other 10 team mates would be telling him to knock it off.

What a ridiculous thing to say. You're going to get high grade players in the lower grades from time to time, be it they fill in or come back through injury, club sanctions etc. Also think about dads who want to get in a few games with their kids in the lower grades. Imposing Under 14 style sanctions on senior players would make the competition a laughing stock as where do you stop? Maybe imposing a retirement score on marquee players in the T20 comp if they have played state level and are down with us park yokels then extend that to overseas players depending on their record? How would a high grade senior player be anymore of a danger to a young kid or old bloke, besides bowling bouncers constantly? Even if that were to happen (and I'd have trust that players in this league are not like that), there's a rule to stop it and I'd think his other 10 team mates would be telling him to knock it off.
BH

As a player who has spent the majority of my career in the lower grades, there is nothing worse than been on the tail end of a spanking from a Barclay or Money shield player.

Last year Mark Favrin made >200 in a one day game in G Grade, then the following week went back to Money Shield. How is that good for cricket, for both his team or the opposition. If he retired at 75, the there would be some merit for both teams.

The rule should be that if you drop more than one grade that your club has, you have to work your way back through the grades until you get back to your regular grade.

Again those who play in G and H grade know every year that they will come up against ringing ins in the 1st game of the year and the 1st game after Christmas as we always start a week later, allowing for the ring ins to dominate.

Last year after Christmas, there was at least large scores made by players who dropped over two grades.

DVCA needs for the lower grades to start on the same time or they start on the same week as everyone else's 1st day of a game.

Just my thoughts

I've got no issues with starting everyone on the same week, that's fine, but really, retirement scores for players? Besides, who polices this rule about you can't go down more than one grade? It also wouldn't cover all clubs like mine, who have B Grade then F Grade (and that was almost G Grade this season).

Who knows why that guy was in G Grade, but how many times did you drop him?

that was camrea seconds team , so if anyone gets dropped from there first eleven they then play E grade . 1 of there players was supposed to play in money shield and had a disagreement with the coach on the day which he then jumped across and played E grade

What is the point blackhawk of allowing obviously. More talented cricketerso the opportunity to infiltrate lower grades cricket? Only reasonable point u made is that surely someone would pull up any hero who bowled bouncers. But that doesn't stop them bowling fast or hitting a kid out of the park! How does that promote local cricket. No stuff them. If a so called 'a' grade player wants to fill in for 1 weeknow or coming back from injury the club pays a fee of more than 1 grade drop. Simple.

Tall poppy syndrome much? You're going to get the odd high grade player in the lower grades from time to time. Deal with it. Oh cry me a river, a kid might get hit for a few tommys. They'll live and maybe learn something. I hit a younger bloke for 6 in F grade a game ago and I'm certain he wasn't emotionally crippled by the experience.

Ridiculous!! A 14yr old kid getting hit to fence by someone hos own age or a 60yrold fat ************ bit different to am 'a' grade gun filling on!! Idiotic!!TE="_Blackhawk_, post: 570203, member: 15057"]Tall poppy syndrome much? You're going to get the odd high grade player in the lower grades from time to time. Deal with it. Oh cry me a river, a kid might get hit for a few tommys. They'll live and maybe learn something. I hit a young bloke for 6 in F grade a game ago and I'm certain he wasn't emotionally crippled by the experience.[/QUOTE]
Ridi

So there is a difference between being hit for 6 by a teenager, an A grade player and a 60 year old fat guy? It'll still say 6 in the book regardless of who hits it.

So there is a difference between being hit for 6 by a teenager, an A grade player and a 60 year old fat guy? It'll still say 6 in the book regardless of who hits it.
C'mon Blackhawk. You seem like a reasonably smart bloke. You make some reasonable points but im here to tell you the majority of lower grade players would agree that it is half by cheating when someone who has clearly played a higher grade of cricket and done well in that higher grade, fills in for 1 game and destroys a poor team just trying to have fun. Get beaten by a team of equal standard on your merits and you say well played and move on. But when a club loads its lower grade to get them into finals or someone (only using Amos as the example here as its what happened on the weekend) drops 2 or 3 grades due to unavailability one week, it purely and simply is wrong. If you cant stop it, make clubs pay for it. Probably too hard to set limits on runs or wickets (mind you I would) but if Lalor for example want to do it (I don't care what the reason) they pay a fee of say $200 too the comp and that money goes back to junior cricket somehow! And if a club has a money shield side, then its 2nd are E grade, stiff. You should still have to pay a fee of some sort on the day, then argue the toss or appeal it at the AGM during the off season. No club should have a gap of 4 grades between teams anyway!

You can't call it cheating. It's simply a fact of park cricket that it happens. Guys can be unavailable for any number of reasons that are unavoidable. We're not talking about loading a side here either which you could argue is morally wrong (as far as I know it's not against the rules), it's a player here and there.

Paying a fee to play someone who is deemed a higher grade player is simply ridiculous and besides which, it would get shot down either at at AGM or special meeting.

Back