2015/2016 D Grade And Below

Tongs

BigCricket Moderator
Staff member
This is the thread for all things D Grade and Below, good luck to the clubs competing in the grade.

Warwick Todd loves pointing out heroes in the lower grades.

Seems someone at Monty might be playing in a grade a little below his skill level. 160* & 180 in the space of two weeks.

Tongs

BigCricket Moderator
Staff member

Seems someone at Monty might be playing in a grade a little below his skill level. 160* & 180 in the space of two weeks.
Strange that he would average 35 with the bat in E Grade and got dropped. Then to make 180, and didn’t go up the following game. Bizarre selection policies. Should probably be playing 1s down there, the way they are going.

How many forfeits are we tipping this week?

The last time the final game before Christmas fell on the 22nd (2012/2013) - G, H and the One Day grade didn't have a game.

Most workplaces are closing this Friday. I know of many players that are leaving for holidays on Saturday.

I reckon the DVCA might have got it wrong this season.

Stiff, he’s a kid coming off a brain tumour if he gets hit in the head could cost him his life, And just wants to play with his old man.

Stiff, he’s a kid coming off a brain tumour if he gets hit in the head could cost him his life, And just wants to play with his old man.
Some pretty poor arguments there.

He played E Grade the first three rounds. And he played with his father in E Grade in Round 3. His father also notched up 179 in G Grade in one of the games.

Like I said - he is playing below his skill level. And so is his father it would seem.

coming off a brain tumor? wasn't it years ago. since then he has played over 40 games in 1s and 2s cricket. a pathetic attempt of excusing a player being a flat track bully in lower grades. typical mont crap. wankers
So a year 12 student isn’t aloud to play cricket because he’s too good? Just let him enjoy life and cricket.

You can get hit in the head just as hard playing G grade as a Shield grade. I saw a batsman get struck in the head by a shy at the stumps in G grade a long time ago that ended up causing a blood clot. If someone is that fragile, why would you risk playing at all?

How many flat track bullies could only play one week, and destroyed opposition teams this week.

Saw a Barclay Shield player making over 50% of the score in F3.
Saw that, playing on a pretty small ground as well. I think the lower grades not playing on Australia Day and starting back a week earlier than usual has cured one potential problem but caused another.

Big fish, small pond.

If you look closely at it, they picked him in the 4ths, even though their 3rds were also playing a one-dayer. Their 3rds are pretty safe in the 4, and their 4ths are just outside.

So it wasn't just about giving a bloke a game of cricket, it was about picking him in a grade where he could bully the opposition and improve their chances of making finals. I really hope they miss out.

Last edited:
Big fish, small pond.

If you closely at it, they picked him in the 4ths, even though their 3rds were also playing a one-dayer. Their 3rds are pretty safe in the 4, and their 4ths are just outside.

So it wasn't just about giving a bloke a game of cricket, it was about picking him in a grade where he could bully the opposition and improve their chances of making finals. I really hope they miss out.
Their 3rds got smashed by Eltham btw.

Also noticed Mark Favrin undertaking his annual holiday in a lower grade and smashing runs. But alas to no avail, a genuine F1 team beat them easily.