2016/2017 Money Shield

If Lalor Stars are getting a new "old" pitch then hard to see anyone bowling them out.
It may make G'Final ground selections very interesting this season to determine the winner.

Whittlesea only fielding a Money Shield side on Saturday and forfeiting their two's. Disgraceful that a club can only find 11 senior players!

Pretty harsh, I would say isn't is sad that they can't field more than one team.

Agreed. There were comments earlier in the year that they were going to be close to folding which no one wants to see happen to a club that's struggling. Its sad seeing a club in this position, and hopefully they can get back on their feet sooner. Calling them "disgraceful" doesn't fit the situation.

Agreed. There were comments earlier in the year that they were going to be close to folding which no one wants to see happen to a club that's struggling. Its sad seeing a club in this position, and hopefully they can get back on their feet sooner. Calling them "disgraceful" doesn't fit the situation.

Warwick Todd doesn't mince his words. Whittlesea Township has a population of over 5,000 people and increasing all the time. Only 11 played cricket on Saturday.

Without knowing the ins and outs of a club your clearly not involved in. I'd keep your obviously big mouth to yourself. Can't make people play cricket stupid

Without knowing the ins and outs of a club your clearly not involved in. I'd keep your obviously big mouth to yourself. Can't make people play cricket stupid

Why should I keep my big mouth to myself? Isn't that what this website is for?

I've spoken to people that have left Whittlesea over the last couple of years. Internal politics, unethical behavior etc.

And you're right. You can't make people play cricket. People have got to want to play. Why do they want to play? Why don't they want to play? And why don't they want to play at Whittlesea?

Last edited:
Why should I keep my big mouth to myself? Isn't that what this website is for?

I've spoken to people that have left Whittlesea over the last couple of years. Internal politics, unethical behavior etc.

And you're right. You can't make people play cricket stupid. People have got to want to play. Why do they wan't to play? Why do they not want to play? And why do they not want to play at Whittlesea?

Not just over the last couple of years, those have been problems at Whittlesea, intermittently, for many years.

That's the second walkover this season their 2's have given as well. Got to agree with Warwick, something definitely amiss up there. Whatever they do to rectify the situation, they better do it quickly.

Who would of thought 4 rounds in and last years 3 Barclay shield teams would have 2 wins between them. Either the comp is closer than we thought or the 3 are just ordinary teams and from what I'm hearing Bundoora united will struggle to win a game. Thoughts?

Who would of thought 4 rounds in and last years 3 Barclay shield teams would have 2 wins between them. Either the comp is closer than we thought or the 3 are just ordinary teams and from what I'm hearing Bundoora united will struggle to win a game. Thoughts?

For far too long people have underrated Money Shield. It used to be significantly weaker, but that was 10 years ago. You only need to look at teams that have gone up the last few years. They've firstly not come straight back down, but they've stayed up and been competitive. And teams coming down don't just win the flag and go back up.

For far too long people have underrated Money Shield. It used to be significantly weaker, but that was 10 years ago. You only need to look at teams that have gone up the last few years. They've firstly not come straight back down, but they've stayed up and been competitive. And teams coming down don't just win the flag and go back up.
And even more so now with the restructure of the top grades.

The past two premierships have been won by teams that went down?

Back