2nd ODI: England vs India at Bristol

Re: 2nd ODI: England vs India at Bristol

Wow, looks like it was a great game. Dimitri Mascarenhas used to go to school in my home city Perth and I think he also used to play in the WACA grade competition here as well. Great innings from him to get England close to victory.

A lot of the Indian bowlers took a hammering there, Patel and Agarkar got carted. Powar definitely helped them toward victory, quite an economical spell of 1/43 from 10 overs. Piyush Chawla took three crucial wickets as did Patel.

Tendulkar made 99 and I heard he was very unlucky to be given out.

Rahul Dravid was Man of the Match for his innings of 92 not out and also one catch.

Series already turning out like the test one, England dominating the first game but India then fighting back to win the second.

3rd game should be a pearler.

It was a great game. More than worth the loss of precious sleep. Dunno how I'm gonna get up at 6:45 on Monday now though :p. Anyway, fantastic finish with Dimi and Broad brilliant in the closing stages. Points to India though, and good on em, makes the series that little bit more interesting. Considering England's recent one day record I'd expect India to run away with it though.

There are still many more matches to play (5 I think??), so it's too early to start declaring victories for either side. Anything is possible, and that's good to keep interest alive in the series.

Back